ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2598 of 3903
« First < 1598209824982548258825942595259625972598 259926002601260226082648269830983598 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 11:48 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The back tracking.

Also can you imagine elementary aged kids asked to keep those on all day long. Good luck, teach.
I see. You view the backtracking in the face of people melting down over a mask requirement to be a good thing for public health. And funny.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:48 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You’re ok with giving up your freedom to sue someone if this is handled poorly and costs lives, but won’t have your freedoms get in the way of wearing a mask?

:-)
I don't see schools pouring out money in lawsuits ends well.

From a private businesses standpoint. You dont have to go there.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07-14-2020, 11:50 AM
This message has been deleted by BigCatDaddy.
lewdog 11:52 AM 07-14-2020
I don't see schools pouring out money in lawsuits ends well.

From a private businesses standpoint. You dont have to go there.
It’s almost like there should be a federal mandate with specific guidelines for how schools will handle all scenarios that will be present in reopening. Identifying symptoms, isolating and testing if needed....for teachers, staff and students. The biggest worry is all the school staff sharing it with each other.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:55 AM 07-14-2020
They are going to do a raid for drugs on the SJSD and all the drugs are going to be pills hidden in teachers desks with bags of wine
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:00 PM 07-14-2020
It’s almost like there should be a federal mandate with specific guidelines for how schools will handle all scenarios that will be present in reopening. Identifying symptoms, isolating and testing if needed....for teachers, staff and students. The biggest worry is all the school staff sharing it with each other.
Yea a federal mandate should fix it, those are known to be followed to the letter.
[Reply]
Great8 12:01 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
So again, you’ll do the same thing you did in April and May, correct?
Yes, we can.
But I'd be willing to bet that not every parent that was working from home during the beginning of this thing is still doing so.
I'm in Virginia, and we are in Phase 3 now, so I'm sure some parents are back at it.
And just speaking from our experience, our daughter gets a whole lot more out of face to face classtime as opposed to virtual learning.
She's a good student, not Ivy league material, but a solid A's and B's student, and the virtual learning just wasn't the same.
Selfishly, I know she'd like to have an actual senior year in high school with her friends and Prom etc.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:03 PM 07-14-2020
They need to make schools exempt from Covid lawsuits.
:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 12:05 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea a federal mandate should fix it, those are known to be followed to the letter.
You’re right. Let’s let all these school districts make their own plan and secure their own tests. That should work. I really trust some shitty school in St. Joe to know what they’re doing..... Especially with BigCatDaddy on the school board.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:09 PM 07-14-2020
You’re right. Let’s let all these school districts make their own plan and secure their own tests. That should work. I really trust some shitty school in St. Joe to know what they’re doing..... Especially with BigCatDaddy on the school board.
You think a school with 2000 students in Phoenix should be handled just like a school with 300 students in Podunk KS?
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:10 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
You guys need to read up on Memory B cells
I'm praying for them.

We should know in a few months if people can catch this thing twice en masse.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:12 PM 07-14-2020
I think you will see both schools and private businesses protected from Covid-19 suits as part of the next stimulus package. It's the only way forward.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:17 PM 07-14-2020
Waivers already being required

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/mis...lO1fdK-mIZdW3M
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:21 PM 07-14-2020
I think you will see both schools and private businesses protected from Covid-19 suits as part of the next stimulus package. It's the only way forward.
To be honest there is likely going to be a need for blanket immunity from covid law suits. Just too much opportunity for blame, lawyers would be suing people for the next 50 years.

The truth is the scientific community has not been straightforward since day one, there is more evidence this bug came from a lab than there is otherwise.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:22 PM 07-14-2020

Highly doubt it will happen.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:24 PM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You think a school with 2000 students in Phoenix should be handled just like a school with 300 students in Podunk KS?
Back in March, my thought was this whole thing should give us some great lessons learned for federally mandated guidelines, at least in terms of a rough outline of what to look for and steps to take. And those guidelines wouldn't be "one size fits all", obviously.

For school reopening, simply say
Less than (insert positive case or whatever metric here) - business as usual
(insert more levels and requirements)
> (insert metric) - 100% online only

Same for when to start enforcing stay at home orders, etc. Of course, the next worldwide pandemic will be a zombie virus or something completely different, so obviously adjustments would be needed.
[Reply]
Page 2598 of 3903
« First < 1598209824982548258825942595259625972598 259926002601260226082648269830983598 > Last »
Up