ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2552 of 3903
« First < 1552205224522502254225482549255025512552 255325542555255625622602265230523552 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 12:58 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Wear a mask.
Stay the **** away from each other at a distance of approximately 72 inches or greater.
Wash your filthy hands.
I'd add avoiding retail stores as much as possible. Order online and/or get delivery or curbside pickup as much as possible and practical.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 01:04 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It's rather impractical
no its not
[Reply]
phisherman 01:05 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
If you want to minimize coverage/reaction of something, release it on a Friday afternoon.
That's all fine and good but this was announced yesterday on the KC Star's site.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:13 PM 07-10-2020
After all the studys linking Vit D deficiency to the mortality rates from Covid has anyone heard anything about these assisted living communities making sure they residents are supplementing with Vit D? Obviously those living in those spaces are least likely to be out exposed to sun light.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:14 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Fair enough. The only real problem is the social distancing. It's rather impractical and very hard to enforce in most places.

Just saying.
That's the one that's much more of a guideline.... yeah, it's not always possible, and it's not like passing by someone at Costco while wearing masks puts you at a high risk of catching anything.

But, being cognizant that it's one thing we can all do to help would go a long way.

Originally Posted by Pants:
I thought it to be obvious, but I think when someone says "take it seriously," they mean there's no longer a need to enforce anything because people are following those guidelines voluntarily. Because, you know, they're taking the pandemic seriously.
^this

Originally Posted by Donger:
I'd add avoiding retail stores as much as possible. Order online and/or get delivery or curbside pickup as much as possible and practical.
Good point... goes along with staying the fuck away from people, but just because things are open doesn't mean there aren't better alternatives.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:16 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
After all the studys linking Vit D deficiency to the mortality rates from Covid has anyone heard anything about these assisted living communities making sure they residents are supplementing with Vit D? Obviously those living in those spaces are least likely to be out exposed to sun light.
The correlation is there, but I'm not sure anyone's really determined whether it's causal. Or at least it's not clear if "people who have a natural vitamin D deficiency are more likely to have adverse effects" directly translates to "taking vitamin D will help."

At any rate, it probably wouldn't hurt, but it's not a 100% win either.
[Reply]
sedated 01:18 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
And I'm not saying this is right/wrong or otherwise. But 96 people under the age of 60 in Missouri have died from covid thus far out of a lot of cases.

I pay attention to the 30-39 bracket a lot because that's the age range I fall into.

There have been 4255 diagnosed cases and 4 deaths. You can do the percentages and see just how low that makes the risk factor appear.

Have there been some missed deaths in those numbers? I'd be willing to say yes,absolutely.

Have there been missed cases in those numbers? Once again, absolutely.
My parents are over 60, and I don't want this swirling around for years threatening them. Even if my parents were gone, I'd like to think I wouldn't be selfish enough to risk your parents' lives by taking this type of mindset.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:20 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
And I'm not saying this is right/wrong or otherwise. But 96 people under the age of 60 in Missouri have died from covid thus far out of a lot of cases.

I pay attention to the 30-39 bracket a lot because that's the age range I fall into.

There have been 4255 diagnosed cases and 4 deaths. You can do the percentages and see just how low that makes the risk factor appear.

Have there been some missed deaths in those numbers? I'd be willing to say yes,absolutely.

Have there been missed cases in those numbers? Once again, absolutely.

TLO it is not all about deaths, we have no idea what this does to us long term and with more and more people having long term symptoms I wouldn't want to chance it.

Just my .02 cents
[Reply]
TLO 01:20 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
My parents are over 60, and I don't want this swirling around for years threatening them. Even if my parents were gone, I'd like to think I wouldn't be selfish enough to risk your parents' lives by taking this type of mindset.
I 100% agree. I personally take every precaution I can to keep myself and others safe. I'm just theorizing why we're seeing the younger population not taking precautions.
[Reply]
TLO 01:23 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
TLO it is not all about deaths, we have no idea what this does to us long term and with more and more people having long term symptoms I wouldn't want to chance it.

Just my .02 cents
I don't necessarily agree/disagree here. Yes there have been reports of long term damage, however those reports don't seem to make up the majority of people infected.

Long term complications can arise from a wide variety of disease.

I do however take your point, and will say again I know I'm only one person, but I'm doing my part as one of the "younger generation" to protect myself and others.
[Reply]
TLO 01:37 PM 07-10-2020

Just my .02 cents
This is a small sample size - but something to consider

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-coc070920.php

Originally Posted by :
>Because the CT manifestations of COVID-19 and influenza virus so often overlap, "even with the characteristics evaluated using AI software," Lin et al. wrote, "no significant differences were detected."

[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:53 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I wonder what it will take for people to start taking this seriously.
Total canceling of the nfl season. Full lockdown. No one goes anywhere until we solve it.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:54 PM 07-10-2020

Just my .02 cents
I get where you're coming from, but planning for the worst-case is just as bad as planning for the best-case IMO. COULD there be long-term impacts? Sure. But we're not seeing evidence that that's HUGELY widespread.
[Reply]
loochy 02:20 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Total canceling of the nfl season. Full lockdown. No one goes anywhere until we solve it.
Sorry mate, but my life is not based on the NFL season
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:41 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Sorry mate, but my life is not based on the NFL season
I feel bad for you then because mahomes
[Reply]
Page 2552 of 3903
« First < 1552205224522502254225482549255025512552 255325542555255625622602265230523552 > Last »
Up