ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 33
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread
DaFace 08:09 PM 04-23-2019
Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:15 PM 05-25-2019
Thor got his ass beat by Thanos with just one stone, went to get Stormbreaker and seemed pretty confident that things would turn out differently in the rematch.

I guess you could make the argument that past-Thanos had strengthened resolve this time around. He had seen his plan come to fruition and learned of these assholes trying undo all of his work. With that in mind, he clearly came to get shit done for good, which might explain why he was able to take on Stormbreaker Thor, Mjolnir Cap and Iron Man at the same time with little difficulty.. idk. It's a stretch but it could work. Would make sense for the Russos to cover their ass and claim Thor being fat and not in his right mind made him weaker overall, because he really just got dicked by Thanos. It wasn't even a contest.
[Reply]
Fish 04:43 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Same with his reaction to Black widow sacrificing herself.

Damn you Nat.

Fuck. That sticks with a guy.
That scene would have been better without the nonsensical back and forth that went on for way to long.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:17 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Thor got his ass beat by Thanos with just one stone, went to get Stormbreaker and seemed pretty confident that things would turn out differently in the rematch.

I guess you could make the argument that past-Thanos had strengthened resolve this time around. He had seen his plan come to fruition and learned of these assholes trying undo all of his work. With that in mind, he clearly came to get shit done for good, which might explain why he was able to take on Stormbreaker Thor, Mjolnir Cap and Iron Man at the same time with little difficulty.. idk. It's a stretch but it could work. Would make sense for the Russos to cover their ass and claim Thor being fat and not in his right mind made him weaker overall, because he really just got dicked by Thanos. It wasn't even a contest.
Remember he had Nebula's memories so he was probably prepared for Stormbreaker where as in Infinity War he was not.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:49 AM 05-30-2019
1. They nerfed the hell out of Hulk. The Professor Hulk character arc was just really unecessary and pretty much ruined the entire movie. The ppl deserved at bare minimum a 2012 Avengers Hulk, but what we really shouldve seen is a more powerful version, like a "World Breaker Hulk". Keep in mind in Ragnarok, Hulk was evolving and had ability to channel his anger. For example, once he found out that Black Widow died, wouldn't you have liked to see a pissed off Hulk+gamma energy from Stark gauntlet+the power stone = ultimate showdown with Thanos. EPIC. Wasnt Black Widow his love interest? Whatever happened with that? Would that not send him over the edge? Its not hard to write storylines for a comic flick like this when you have so much material to work with. Instead MCU mailed it in, lazy writing. Everyone wanted to see a Hulk/Thanos: Round2. Instead we got a jokingly, goofy nerf-Hulk, no smash, no fighting, nothing. Wow he threw a bench across a small lake...big deal. Didnt even get to see him fight in the final battle scene....you gotta be shitting me. Lazy writing. The only thing that was truly Hulk in this movie was that he was green...that's it.

2. Thor Lebowski...much like Hulk, MCU shit all over his character arc too. May have been funny at first, but again...it was unecessary and it was a sad joke throughout the entire film. What should've happened was once he and Rocket went to Asgard in the past, and once he talked with his mother and weilded Moljnir again, that shouldve transformed him back into his former normal self. Stark shouldve made him his "magic belt" (Megingjord is its name in comics) thats referred to in Spiderman Homecoming. Wouldve made him even more powerful. And since we're kinda on that subject, what about Steve Rogers new shield that Stark supposedly made, referenced in Spiderman Homecoming? That would've also been really cool to see. Wouldve been really easy to write in. But hey at least we got to see Thor playing Fornite! ��

3. Captain Marvel saves Tony Stark. Again...more lazy writing. Just happens to run into him and find in space. What should've happened: Rocket on earth is able to locate/contact the Benetar. Stark picks up and comes online and sees a talking raccoon on the other side. Would've made for some funny dialogue. Rocket helps Stark troubleshoot the Benetar but needs parts off of Nebula in order to Macgyver his way back to Earth, just as he did when he almost died in that cave in 1st Iron Man movie. Wouldve been a good tribute to that since afterall this is a wrap up movie. Nebula agrees/complies..Could've been funny too, Stark couldve turned her into a Mrs Potato Head temporarily til they got back to Earth. Stark then upgrades Nebula after they land when Stark gets healthy. Instead Captain Marvel magically appears in space out of nowhere and Supermans the Benetar all the way to Earth. Yes shes powerful but cmon...that's really lazy writing.

4. Stark should've traveled to Wakanda and him and Shuri (and Rocket possibly) shouldve made some badass weapons, including a Vibranium Iron Man suit. We dont know Shuri is dusted til Endgame movie shows us she didnt make it, this could've easily been done. Black Panther and Wakanda barely in this movie. No scene of aftermath in Wakanda after the biggest war on Earth just went down? Movie could and should have been at least 30min longer, plus there was a lot of unecessary scenes. They didnt need to do the 5yrs later angle where everyone's depressed, they should've just had the movie continue on right after Thanos was killed in present time and continued on from there. No Thor New Asgard Fortnite scene, no Russo claiming hes gay in that after-snap support group scene. No rats walking over switches accidently turning on Ant Man's time machine van, more lazy writing. No Ronan angle either, as soon as his family is dusted he goes to Avengers facility...everything else was unecessary. Again you can cut some of these scenes out and make room for better stuff (and more), and it wouldnt be hard to do, like more interactions with their past former selves. The Cap vs Cap was cool. Wouldve liked to see more of that...like Hulk vs Hulk

5. More interactions of current vs former past selves. Cap vs Cap was cool to see. So was Stark meeting his younger father. Wouldve liked to see more of that. Hulk vs Hulk wouldve been cool too.

6. In addition, movie needed more fight scenes. Too much sad mopey scenes in this movie, couldve been replaced with more action, something better. Even the final fight scene shouldve been at least twice as long. This is what made Infinity War such a kickass movie..and it was 1000x better than this movie.

7. There were a handful or so ways movie couldve been much better, and not a whole lot wouldve changed either. Could still have Stark die at the end, Cap goes back in time at the end to live his life with Agent Tits Carter. Women power thing was just stupid. Theres already more than enough character development with the women MCU characters that they have a great fan base and following. That was forced in to the movie and cheesily done, was not genuine whatsoever. They solely did it for agenda reasons, nothing more. Stupid.
[Reply]
Sorry 02:40 PM 05-30-2019
3. I Hate captain marvel but she arrived to earth first as shown in after credit scene which presumably meant the team sent her to save tony
[Reply]
RunKC 02:57 PM 05-30-2019
They didn’t need to show the aftermath of Wakanda or anything there. All the best characters were dusted until the end.

I’m sure Black Panther 2 will cover all of what’s happened in Wakanda during the 5 year span.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:57 PM 05-30-2019
The Thanos fight worked for me.

We finally saw the Mad Titan in this movie. In IW, Thanos wasn't his normal self after sacrificing Gamora, a fact seen by the way he spared Tony and the rest of the Avengers back on Earth. We never really saw Thanos lose his cool in the entire fight on Titan (the Russos said this would have happened had he lost the gauntlet - and that actually, the Avengers may have been lucky they didn't get the gauntlet off). Also, Thanos no longer felt the need to be armored up after acquiring his 2nd infinity stone. Thanos simply wasn't expecting a game-changer like Thor with Stormbreaker during the events of Infinity War.

In Endgame, Thanos is armored, fresh off of fighting, has an Asgardian weapon (wonder what happened to that by the time of IW?) and is fully in the Mad Titan mindset (Gamora hadn't yet defected). Additionally, Thanos is fighting a Thor and an Iron Man who have been out of practice for five years. Cap was really the only one who was up to the fight, and almost singlehandedly ended Thanos with Mjolner.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:28 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They didn’t need to show the aftermath of Wakanda or anything there. All the best characters were dusted until the end.

I’m sure Black Panther 2 will cover all of what’s happened in Wakanda during the 5 year span.
It could've been a little more creative.

Could've shown Stark come back to Earth, then goes and meets Shuri and learns more about Vibranium tech...makes himself a Suit out of it, Cap's new shield, Thor's belt, a Vibranium gauntlet. This shit would have been cool, would've paid homage to Iron Man. Like what I said about using Nebula parts to MacGyver his way back to earth, much like the 1st movie when he escaped out of that cave. It never showed Shuri actually dust in IW, so they could have easily written in that she survived, and many enjoy her character and would sense a sigh of relief once found she survived the dust. JMO.

And while showing these scenes it could show the damage etc the war caused would have been cool to see. I just think this thing, for as big of a deal it was, was pretty lacking in creativity, like they just mailed it in on some things...some things did't have to be in the movie and felt unnecessary...like they got too cute w/ a lot of shit. The Hulk/Thor arcs really pissed me the fuck off a great deal, and I'll admit that's about 90% of it. God damn MCU this movie could have been so much better. Fuck...

I just felt really disappointed...Hulk is my favorite character by far, and his character was flat out Vince Russo'd.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:30 AM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
.Hulk is my favorite character by far, and his character was flat out Vince Russo'd.
Well, here's your problem.

The Hulk is fucking lame. He's not interesting at all. He's only worth a couple "oohs" and "aahs" when he smashes shit. That's why his stand alone movies don't do well.

Seriously. Whose favorite superhero is Hulk? Lol once you turn, like, 6 you've gotta upgrade to someone more complex.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:46 AM 05-31-2019

The Hulk is fucking lame. He's not interesting at all. He's only worth a couple "oohs" and "aahs" when he smashes shit. That's why his stand alone movies don't do well.

Seriously. Whose favorite superhero is Hulk? Lol once you turn, like, 6 you've gotta upgrade to someone more complex.
Oh so there are age restrictions now on certain characters? Keep in mind, we're talking about a comic series here.

You're ridiculous. Hulk is one of the most popular characters in the MCU.

And Hulk is one of the strongest characters in the MCU, The way he can fuck shit up is pretty much unmatched. and they made him obsolete is the franchise's 2 biggest movies ever.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:16 AM 05-31-2019
:-) ThaVirus caught some folks right in the feelings.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:30 AM 05-31-2019
I’m wondering if they thought Hulk needed to have a big action movie in Ragnorak due to their plans for him in Infinity War/Endgame. If you are a Hulk fan, Ragnorak was the movie for Hulk mania.

I understand that shit happened in Endgame, but man the movie was just so boring. I appreciate scenes like Tony with his dad, but man the rest of it was rehashed and nothing new. Maybe I just don’t like time travel movies bc of that.

I still maintain that Infinity War was a much better movie than Endgame.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:36 AM 05-31-2019

:-)

Yup!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:36 PM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) ThaVirus caught some folks right in the feelings.
Lol AWESOME
[Reply]
Jamie 01:22 AM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
1. They nerfed the hell out of Hulk. The Professor Hulk character arc was just really unecessary and pretty much ruined the entire movie. The ppl deserved at bare minimum a 2012 Avengers Hulk, but what we really shouldve seen is a more powerful version, like a "World Breaker Hulk". Keep in mind in Ragnarok, Hulk was evolving and had ability to channel his anger. For example, once he found out that Black Widow died, wouldn't you have liked to see a pissed off Hulk+gamma energy from Stark gauntlet+the power stone = ultimate showdown with Thanos. EPIC. Wasnt Black Widow his love interest? Whatever happened with that? Would that not send him over the edge? Its not hard to write storylines for a comic flick like this when you have so much material to work with. Instead MCU mailed it in, lazy writing. Everyone wanted to see a Hulk/Thanos: Round2. Instead we got a jokingly, goofy nerf-Hulk, no smash, no fighting, nothing. Wow he threw a bench across a small lake...big deal. Didnt even get to see him fight in the final battle scene....you gotta be shitting me. Lazy writing. The only thing that was truly Hulk in this movie was that he was green...that's it.
Okay. For one thing, just because you didn't like something doesn't make it "lazy writing". Clearly you like Hulk, and specifically the classic version of Hulk, but this was Iron Man and Cap's movie. They're the two main characters of the MCU and this is their swansong, the movie has to revolve around them. Some people probably wanted to see Hulk fight Thanos again, not everybody. I didn't particularly, because why should I? There's no meat there story-wise. The Hulk is a one dimensional rage monster, he's more of a plot device than a character. Banner is a character, but he's really almost a separate character from Hulk, and kind or boring. Maybe they could do more with the character going forward if Hulk and Banner were combined somehow... wait...

Originally Posted by :
2. Thor Lebowski...much like Hulk, MCU shit all over his character arc too. May have been funny at first, but again...it was unecessary and it was a sad joke throughout the entire film. What should've happened was once he and Rocket went to Asgard in the past, and once he talked with his mother and weilded Moljnir again, that shouldve transformed him back into his former normal self. Stark shouldve made him his "magic belt" (Megingjord is its name in comics) thats referred to in Spiderman Homecoming. Wouldve made him even more powerful. And since we're kinda on that subject, what about Steve Rogers new shield that Stark supposedly made, referenced in Spiderman Homecoming? That would've also been really cool to see. Wouldve been really easy to write in. But hey at least we got to see Thor playing Fornite! ��
What does "shit all over his character arc" even mean? Do you think this is a direct adaptation or something? This is his character arc. It's the manifestation of the things that happened to him in the previous movies. His entire family died, then he failed to stop Thanos from killing half the surviving Asguardians, then he had the chance to kill Thanos before the snap and failed again. He's blames himself, is depressed, and self-medicating with food and alcohol.

Originally Posted by :
3. Captain Marvel saves Tony Stark. Again...more lazy writing. Just happens to run into him and find in space. What should've happened: Rocket on earth is able to locate/contact the Benetar. Stark picks up and comes online and sees a talking raccoon on the other side. Would've made for some funny dialogue. Rocket helps Stark troubleshoot the Benetar but needs parts off of Nebula in order to Macgyver his way back to Earth, just as he did when he almost died in that cave in 1st Iron Man movie. Wouldve been a good tribute to that since afterall this is a wrap up movie. Nebula agrees/complies..Could've been funny too, Stark couldve turned her into a Mrs Potato Head temporarily til they got back to Earth. Stark then upgrades Nebula after they land when Stark gets healthy. Instead Captain Marvel magically appears in space out of nowhere and Supermans the Benetar all the way to Earth. Yes shes powerful but cmon...that's really lazy writing.
Someone mentioned this in a previous post, but the Captain Marvel post-credit scene showed she came to Earth first. It's not hard to connect the dots that they sent her out to find him. Incidentally this was actually filmed, but cut for time. Which is why your idea doesn't work, you really want to add 20 minutes of Stark fixing his ship to a 3 hour movie?

Originally Posted by :
4. Stark should've traveled to Wakanda and him and Shuri (and Rocket possibly) shouldve made some badass weapons, including a Vibranium Iron Man suit. We dont know Shuri is dusted til Endgame movie shows us she didnt make it, this could've easily been done. Black Panther and Wakanda barely in this movie. No scene of aftermath in Wakanda after the biggest war on Earth just went down? Movie could and should have been at least 30min longer, plus there was a lot of unecessary scenes. They didnt need to do the 5yrs later angle where everyone's depressed, they should've just had the movie continue on right after Thanos was killed in present time and continued on from there. No Thor New Asgard Fortnite scene, no Russo claiming hes gay in that after-snap support group scene. No rats walking over switches accidently turning on Ant Man's time machine van, more lazy writing. No Ronan angle either, as soon as his family is dusted he goes to Avengers facility...everything else was unecessary. Again you can cut some of these scenes out and make room for better stuff (and more), and it wouldnt be hard to do, like more interactions with their past former selves. The Cap vs Cap was cool. Wouldve liked to see more of that...like Hulk vs Hulk
The 5 years were necessary to add emotional weight to the story. Also you have to have Morgan plot-wise, to show why they don't just use the time stone to rewind to before the snap. You keep accusing the movie of lazy writing, but all your suggestions boil down to taking out the emotional and character arcs, and replacing them with KEWL SHIT. That's lazy writing.

Originally Posted by :
5. More interactions of current vs former past selves. Cap vs Cap was cool to see. So was Stark meeting his younger father. Wouldve liked to see more of that. Hulk vs Hulk wouldve been cool too.

6. In addition, movie needed more fight scenes. Too much sad mopey scenes in this movie, couldve been replaced with more action, something better. Even the final fight scene shouldve been at least twice as long. This is what made Infinity War such a kickass movie..and it was 1000x better than this movie.
The final fight scene was nearly an hour, you wanted it to be two? That plus all the extra scenes of Tony Stark building things, did you want this movie to be five hours long? Also given that the movie ended on an hour long battle scene, it was absolutely the right move to go light on action through the first 2/3s. If it was action the whole way through the end battle wouldn't have had the same impact. It wears the audience out.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 33
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Up