ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 341
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:52 PM 04-10-2017
The owner of Sons Of Guns was just convicted of several accounts of rape to a minor. And Willey Hayden will now spend life in prison..
http://tribunist.com/news/sons-of-gu...?utm_source=SR
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 12:59 PM 04-10-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Bought me a suppressor. The LGS is waiting on the serial number so I can complete the paperwork.
nice. which one? I got 2 waiting to get approved by the gobment. omega and a ghost. once u shoot suppresssed u aint neva goin back!
[Reply]
Trivers 01:01 PM 04-10-2017
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
The owner of Sons Of Guns was just convicted of several accounts of rape to a minor. And Willey Hayden will now spend life in prison..
Good!

Predators like this need to be put away and throw away the key.

Now he gets to wear a prom dress on Friday nights.

Used to love that show.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:43 PM 04-10-2017
Raped his own kids. Holy fuck. Nothing that happens to him will be bad enough. :-)

I really enjoyed that show, too.
[Reply]
Trivers 02:00 PM 04-10-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:

I really enjoyed that show, too.
Guns and explosions for 30 minutes!
[Reply]
Dunit35 04:44 PM 04-10-2017
Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58:
nice. which one? I got 2 waiting to get approved by the gobment. omega and a ghost. once u shoot suppresssed u aint neva goin back!
I went with the Saker ASR 556. It was $300 cheaper than the Omega. I couldn't justify the $300 for the multi caliber when it won't go on anything but a 556.

Spoke to the LGS today. He's got the serial number for it but he's waiting on one more email confirmation before I can fill out the paperwork.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:45 PM 04-11-2017
And...... she's done. Just got the Trijicon night sights added tonight.

Damn I love this thing. The perfect carry gun.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:51 PM 04-11-2017
And...... she's done. Just got the Trijicon night sights added tonight.

Damn I love this thing. The perfect carry gun.

Share a grouping from your next trip to the range. I have a feeling it'll be impressive.

Sweet man, sweet..
[Reply]
Frazod 10:04 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Share a grouping from your next trip to the range. I have a feeling it'll be impressive.

Sweet man, sweet..
Last time I shot it I was competing in a PPC shoot - drawing from a holster and shooting at a silhouette target from various distances, dropping mags after six shots (for revolver shooters) while timed. The max score for each round is 480. I got a 459 and a 460. And I decocked each time I reholstered, so each initial shot was double action. I don't think that was a requirement, but if I'm ever going to be using it in a real defensive situation that's what the first shot will be, so it's good to get in the habit of doing it that way.

I was pretty happy with my scores.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:23 PM 04-11-2017
Last time I shot it I was competing in a PPC shoot - drawing from a holster and shooting at a silhouette target from various distances, dropping mags after six shots (for revolver shooters) while timed. The max score for each round is 480. I got a 459 and a 460. And I decocked each time I reholstered, so each initial shot was double action. I don't think that was a requirement, but if I'm ever going to be using it in a real defensive situation that's what the first shot will be, so it's good to get in the habit of doing it that way.

I was pretty happy with my scores.
That helps to keep the loved ones alive. Good job brother...
[Reply]
Frazod 10:34 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
That helps to keep the loved ones alive. Good job brother...
Thanks. Unfortunately, I did not have the same results shooting the duty matches with the Shadow. On those I got around 360 both times. Duty matches are for longer barreled guns and shot at greater distances, up to 25 yards. Those long shots are a bitch with my old man eyes, and I certainly can't blame the weapon.

I was talking to my gunsmith about that tonight (he's also a master-level shooter) and he told me that my problem is probably focusing on the target and not the front sight. I hope it's that simple. But in any event, I need to practice.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:39 PM 04-11-2017
Wow. Fuck him. With a chainsaw.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:48 PM 04-11-2017
Finished up my suppressor paperwork today.

Now the waiting begins. $880 including the tax stamp isn't too bad.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:59 PM 04-11-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Finished up my suppressor paperwork today.

Now the waiting begins. $880 including the tax stamp isn't too bad.
I'm sure the Illinois suppressor bill is effectively perma-stalled. Haven't heard anything about it in months. :-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:51 AM 04-12-2017
Thanks. Unfortunately, I did not have the same results shooting the duty matches with the Shadow. On those I got around 360 both times. Duty matches are for longer barreled guns and shot at greater distances, up to 25 yards. Those long shots are a bitch with my old man eyes, and I certainly can't blame the weapon.

I was talking to my gunsmith about that tonight (he's also a master-level shooter) and he told me that my problem is probably focusing on the target and not the front sight. I hope it's that simple. But in any event, I need to practice.
A trick I was trained to do in my military days was for each target engagement run your eyes from your sight to your target..they called it following your bullet flight..or path

It helped me with longer pistol shots..after doing it enough it becomes second nature and improved my engagements

But of course all I did when I wasn't deployed was spend time on the range with the taxpayer footing my bills so that helped too
[Reply]
Page 71 of 341
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Up