ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>DAT is Back
dlphg9 10:59 AM 08-20-2019
I bet Thomas doesn't have over 10 touches all year. This is strictly a ST move.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:02 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I bet Thomas doesn't have over 10 touches all year. This is strictly a ST move.
Probably not he does give them another guy who can do that jet/loop motion stuff that Hill does.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:03 AM 08-20-2019
I thought DAT was in jail because of his marijuana thing
[Reply]
Chargem 11:03 AM 08-20-2019
Is he suspended to start the season, wasn't there a whole pot thing?
[Reply]
Dante84 11:03 AM 08-20-2019
This means Thompson, Pringle and DAT are competing for 2 spots.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:04 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
This means Thompson, Pringle and DAT are competing for 2 spots.
Thompson isn't making the team, PS bound.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:05 AM 08-20-2019
DAT is loved in the locker room and a Toub favourite.
I approve of this move.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:07 PM 08-20-2019
I'm no fan of DAT as I think he tends to play pretty dumb (if I recall he injured himself returning a kick backwards late in 2017) and he goes down when you blow on him. But he seemed to be a better gunner than Kemp who is no longer with us. And maybe this makes it easier for us to cut Tremon Smith.

I'd be both surprised and disappointed if DAT is returning kicks or punts or having any real role in our offense. I think/hope this just allows Reid and Toub to move their pieces around more effectively and provides another insurance option.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:09 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'm no fan of DAT as I think he tends to play pretty dumb (if I recall he injured himself returning a kick backwards late in 2017) and he goes down when you blow on him. But he seemed to be a better gunner than Kemp who is no longer with us. And maybe this makes it easier for us to cut Tremon Smith.

I'd be both surprised and disappointed if DAT is returning kicks or punts or having any real role in our offense. I think/hope this just allows Reid and Toub to move their pieces around more effectively and provides another insurance option.
He'll get work as a returner, if Hardman is a very big part of the offense at all his specials work will be limited, just like Tyreek.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:18 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He'll get work as a returner, if Hardman is a very big part of the offense at all his specials work will be limited, just like Tyreek.
Hill was one of the top 5 WRs in the league and he was still our core punt returner. That doesn't really strike me as limited. Seems much more palatable to see Hardman back returning kicks and punts given how much they still relied on Hill last year.

The guy was an All American punt returner in college and it's gonna be really disappointing if a mediocre DAT steals those opportunities.
[Reply]
FAX 02:19 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

The ganja may have softened his skull, so I have no idea about the concussion problem, Mr. TwistedChief.

But when it comes to the broken leg, that was against the Mules and it was a damn wacky tackle while his foot was stuck in the ground. I'm only a registered physician and psychic on ChiefsPlanet, but I am 100% certain that was one of those fluke plays that (in no way, shape, or form) indicates he is injury-prone below the neck. 2 times out of 10, that tackle would have broken a Square-Lipped White Rhino's leg.

And as we all know, the Square-Lipped White Rhino (although relatively non-aggressive) is difficult to take down one-on-one.

FAX
[Reply]
oldman 11:16 AM 08-20-2019
So we signed 2 WRs, Tolliver and DAT?? Surely they wouldn't classify him as a RB and add to the congestion there.
[Reply]
wazu 11:19 AM 08-20-2019
If he makes this team then we have problems we don’t know about.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:20 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
Um he's basically a lock, he was signed to take Kemps special teams spot.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:30 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
Lol wtf?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up