ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 270
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 11:28 AM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
No to trading DRob. Yes to trading a pick for a CB.
Depends on what we could get. This is Dave Gettleman here. If Veach could get a 3rd rd pick for him, then holy shit you do that yesterday.

That’s the thing. I know it’s going to be one of the first picks in the 3rd, but Gettleman is really dumb. I could see him doing that.

Then use that pick to go get a corner via trade
[Reply]
Dante84 11:46 AM 07-31-2019

“A lot of speed.”

~ #Chiefs’ new tailback Tremon Smith on what to expect from him on offense as he makes the switch from cornerback. Smith was an all-state quarterback in high school. pic.twitter.com/JM6fZMDHVL

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) July 31, 2019

[Reply]
Buckweath 11:55 AM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Depends on what we could get. This is Dave Gettleman here. If Veach could get a 3rd rd pick for him, then holy shit you do that yesterday.

That’s the thing. I know it’s going to be one of the first picks in the 3rd, but Gettleman is really dumb. I could see him doing that.

Then use that pick to go get a corner via trade
I don't think they're getting a 3rd round pick for Robinson at all.

I've always been a fan of Robinson and he could be pretty good this year but he has rather little production in 3 years in the league and he has one year left before being a free agent.
[Reply]
RustShack 11:59 AM 07-31-2019
Robinson is WR3 right now. He’s Mahomes go to target when the play breaks down, he just has that chemistry with Mahomes to get where he needs to be during the scramble.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:03 PM 07-31-2019
The Chiefs aren't trading a starter on a Super Bowl caliber squad to get a draft pick that will get them a developmental player tomorrow. Get the fuck out of here :-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:03 PM 07-31-2019
I absolutely despise KSU and I'm extremely confident Pringle makes the team and i'm excited about him.

What a dogshit take.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:04 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We're literally a Sammy Watkins injury away from Demarcus Robinson taking significant snaps, too.

Last year we actually DID have a Sammy Watkins injury and we had to throw shitty fucking Chris Conley out there. Yeah, he had speed, but he had more trouble getting open than if we asked Mitchell Schwartz to play WR and Jalen Ramsey was defending him.

Pringle being the 3rd option if Watkins went down isn't the doomsday scenario you paint it to be, because if it is, we're kinda fucked not matter what if Watkins goes down. And no, I'm not saying we actually would be. That's just the claim going around right now--- inexperience at the WR position (no matter how talented) being the next man up is a very bad thing.

It wouldn't be as smooth as Watkins, but we'd be just fine.
I'm just saying I have no desire to trade him for a sack of shit just because we can.
[Reply]
R Clark 12:17 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
With Hunt gone, they lack a 'tough' runner. And I know that's not exactly what our primary focus will be, but when you need one of those guys you need one.

Hyde can be the bruiser back who you bring in to get some tough yards. Hunt's desire to go punish people rubbed off on this offense a bit, IMO. Without him, you have a bunch of waterbugs and maybe lose a little bit of killer instinct.

If you ditch Hyde as well, you've got nobody that's really gonna put their nose in there, blast someone and fire up the offense. That's an element that I'd prefer have than not.

I think so, yes.
doesnt are full back fill this role ?
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:23 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by R Clark:
doesnt are full back fill this role ?
“Are full back”, AKA Sherman, doesn’t carry the ball much.

Just like every FB in the modern NFL.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:26 PM 07-31-2019
RRRRR fullback is for blocking matey
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:27 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
"Man, people really have a hard-on over Byron Pringle because of a couple of decent pre-season games before he missed the entire damn season w/ an injury. That sure seems strange, I wonder why...."

{Googles name}

Oh. Now I get it.

Fellas, the odds are overwhelming that Byron Pringle is a JAG. He'll probably make the team and he'll probably have a few moments here and there, but why the hell are we just assuming he's a better player than Robinson, who has physical tools for days and is in his 4th year in this system?

Now I'd be willing to trade Robinson for the right return, but this idea that he's just gonna plummet down the depth chart because of a UDFA who had a couple of nice games against backups and then missed the entire season is just silly.

When you googled him did you notice his stats are pretty similar to Hardmans in college? With a way worse QB too. I'm not a K-State fan but think the guy could be a good player. He left school too early and has been arrested a few times. The guy is more than a JAG.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:45 PM 07-31-2019
And I'll say it again.

Chris Conley was a bust. He had speed and length, but he had zero shimmy or ability to quick stop/start. He was great when the defender gave him a nice cushion, but he was horrible if they played him in man. And the fumbles. God, I won't miss his fumbles.

Patrick Mahomes isn't Alex Smith. Yes, these are all unproven guys, but he has the talent to at the very least turn any one of these bottom of the depth chart guys into a 4th WR option good for 200 yards on the year and MAYBE a TD. Possibly two TDs. In other words, I think several of these WRs possess the natural talent to be Chris Conley from last year. Especially Pringle, given his extra year of experience.

And like I said before, I'm not shitting on Robinson. I just saw that as a possible opportunity to gain a little help without losing much on offense. But I also haven't seen Robinson in his new elevated role within this offense this year. It's possible he turns out to be everything we want in a 3rd WR that we just never had last year even when Watkins was healthy.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:52 PM 07-31-2019
Bust in what sense? He was a 3rd round pick that gave them multiple years worth of production. I mean they didn't get a steal by any means, but it was just fine.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:58 PM 07-31-2019
I have ZERO interesting in trading D-Robinson unless someone is willing to over pay. And as mentioned above it would probably take a 3rd rounder and I don't see that happening. And even if it did, I would be nervous about it.

If we didn't have Jones, Hill, and Fuller to worry about, he's a guy I would toy with signing to an extension as long as its team friendly.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:00 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Bust in what sense? He was a 3rd round pick that gave them multiple years worth of production. I mean they didn't get a steal by any means, but it was just fine.
3rd rounder that we moved up to get. I mean 76th overall ain't nothin'.

The Achilles hurt him badly; he was never a guy that could get in/out of his breaks worth a damn and it only seemed to get worse after the achilles. He was truly valuable for us in 2016 but in '17 and '18 he was either hurt or along for the ride. In '15 he was an afterthought.

You're not always gonna do better than that with a 3rd rounder, but that's kinda the baseline of what I would say is a tolerable pick. I agree that 'bust' is a little strong, but it's not a pick that we really advanced the squad with either.

Nelson was taken later, takes FAR more heat here and was significantly more valuable to the Chiefs over his time here.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 270
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Up