ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 663
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123523 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:13 PM 10-23-2010
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
Carwin hurt Brock, but i dont think Brock was ever out of it. After that Knee from Cain in that gif i posted, Brock was done. He was out of it. he just curled up and he couldnt defend himself and he wasnt doing anything offensively.

ITs similar, in that Brock was wobbled in both fights and thats it.
I pretty much see it the way you do.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:13 PM 10-23-2010
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
It did look damn similar. For me, the moment when the fight was stopped tonight saw Lesnar completely defenseless and I didn't see that against Carwin to the same degree. You're dead-on about Brock being exposed: stuff his shoots and land a blow to the head when he comes at you aggressively and you'll have a great chance. I'm not prepared to call him completely one-dimensional though, as Brock didn't even have an opportunity to go to something else. He was on his back getting his ass kicked too quickly to have any time to go to something else. If he hadn't have failed so hard tonight who's to say that he didn't have some stuff in his repertoire for the other rounds?
There is nothing for him to go to. He's a 1 dimensional fighter and always has been. Always will be. He short arms his strikes like a t-rex, has no real striking power and he RUNS away like a BITCH when he's hit. That's NOT the sign of a fighter. Brock loves it when he can bully a guy and run over him, but when he is forced to stand and fight he has no answer. He sucks.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:15 PM 10-23-2010
Carwin hurt Brock, but i dont think Brock was ever out of it. After that Knee from Cain in that gif i posted, Brock was done. He was out of it. he just curled up and he couldnt defend himself and he wasnt doing anything offensively.

ITs similar, in that Brock was wobbled in both fights and thats it.
A guy doesn't have to be "out of it". He turtled up the EXACT same way against Carwin as he did against Cain. The only difference is Carwin gassed. Cain didn't. Or the outcome is the same. They just had no choice but to stop the fight because Cain wasn't gassing. That's it. Brock got his ass whipped something fierce in both fights.
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:15 PM 10-23-2010
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
There is nothing for him to go to. He's a 1 dimensional fighter and always has been. Always will be. He short arms his strikes like a t-rex, has no real striking power and he RUNS away like a BITCH when he's hit. That's NOT the sign of a fighter. Brock loves it when he can bully a guy and run over him, but when he is forced to stand and fight he has no answer. He sucks.
Perhaps. He certainly sucked tonight. I would think that he has the potential to improve, no?
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:16 PM 10-23-2010
Perhaps. He certainly sucked tonight. I would think that he has the potential to improve, no?
Uhhh did he improve in his stand up from the CArwin fight to this one?

No.

So the answer is no.
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:18 PM 10-23-2010
A guy doesn't have to be "out of it". He turtled up the EXACT same way against Carwin as he did against Cain. The only difference is Carwin gassed. Cain didn't. Or the outcome is the same. They just had no choice but to stop the fight because Cain wasn't gassing. That's it. Brock got his ass whipped something fierce in both fights.
There was clearly a moment where Brock was unquestionably unable to defend himself intelligently tonight (the exact moment when the fight was called; a couple of hits before the call, really) whereas, for me, there wasn't that unquestionable moment against Carwin. I do agree though that the outcome for Carwin could have been the same if he was smarter about things.
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:21 PM 10-23-2010
Uhhh did he improve in his stand up from the CArwin fight to this one?

No.

So the answer is no.
I don't understand how that makes sense. No, he didn't look improved at all from Carwin to Velasquez. But how does that logically support the claim that Brock will not improve (especially now that his people can say to him "Look, this is how two guys handled you in similar ways. We've got to do something about this.")? This position is essentially the direct opposite of the position you take in defense of Tyson Jackson.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:24 PM 10-23-2010
I don't understand how that makes sense. No, he didn't look improved at all from Carwin to Velasquez. But how does that logically support the claim that Brock will not improve (especially now that his people can say to him "Look, this is how two guys handled you in similar ways. We've got to do something about this.")? This position is essentially the direct opposite of the position you take in defense of Tyson Jackson.
Because one is football and one is MMA??? What the fuck do they have to do with each other?

Brock is a lifetime wrestler who has the look of a wrestler on his feet. His stand up from his very first fight in the UFC against Heath Herring doesn't look any different than his stand up now. He's just never going to be very good on his feet. Some guys aren't. Sorry, that's how it is for some fighters in MMA. What part about that don't you get?
[Reply]
Brock 11:25 PM 10-23-2010
He hit his ceiling, it's over.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:27 PM 10-23-2010
Originally Posted by Brock:
He hit his ceiling, it's over.
Pretty much.

Lesnar will always present problems to guys like Mir who don't do well with wrestlers and bigger guys. But guys like Cain and Carwin will beat him 99% of the time because they can stuff his shoot and then beat his fucking ass into oblivion.

CoMo and Bo Bice, where the fuck are you whores at? Nothing to say now?
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:27 PM 10-23-2010
Because one is football and one is MMA??? What the **** do they have to do with each other?

Brock is a lifetime wrestler who has the look of a wrestler on his feet. His stand up from his very first fight in the UFC against Heath Herring doesn't look any different than his stand up now. He's just never going to be very good on his feet. Some guys aren't. Sorry, that's how it is for some fighters in MMA. What part about that don't you get?
I think what he is saying is that Tyson Jackson hasn't looked any better since the day he set foot in Kansas City..
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:29 PM 10-23-2010
Originally Posted by UCFGoldenKnight:
I think what he is saying is that Tyson Jackson hasn't looked any better since the day he set foot in Kansas City..
So? We're talking MMA. It has nothing to do with football.

The shit some of you come up with..........

And actually Jackson looked good in the first game of the season before he got hurt.
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:29 PM 10-23-2010
The outcome may have been the same, but it didnt happen, so it doesnt ****ING matter.

Its like saying if the Chiefs stop the Texans in the 4th quarter and dont let them score 21 points the Chiefs would have won. Really? no shit?
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:31 PM 10-23-2010
So? We're talking MMA. It has nothing to do with football.

The shit some of you come up with..........

And actually Jackson looked good in the first game of the season before he got hurt.
Don't put me in that... he is drawing a correlation and you're not getting. I don't know anything about MMA, never have watched it and never will.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 11:32 PM 10-23-2010
The outcome may have been the same, but it didnt happen, so it doesnt ****ING matter.

Its like saying if the Chiefs stop the Texans in the 4th quarter and dont let them score 21 points the Chiefs would have won. Really? no shit?
We've been through this. The difference is the ref made the right call tonight.

Second, Lesnar is done. He will never be champion again because he has been exposed. So suck it Lesnar fanboys. Fuck you bitches.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 663
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123523 > Last »
Up