ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 126
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:12 PM 04-27-2014
Watchmen is not a graphic novel...it was a 12 issue limited series (DC called it a maxi-series at the time.) It was later reprinted in single volume as a trade paperback, a collectible hardcover edition, etc.
[Reply]
DaveNull 01:47 PM 04-27-2014
Where do you draw the distinction between "graphic novel" and "trade paperback?"

I always looked at them as being essentially the same thing.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 01:57 PM 04-27-2014
'Trade paperback' is a printing term for any paperback publication that's larger in height and width, often 8-1/2x11 but sometimes smaller. In comics, it usually means they take a bunch of issues and bind them together as one volume. 'Graphic novel' is the comics-industry-invented term for a fat comic book, generally of one non-reprinted, continuous and self-contained story.

That's all in theory. In practice, they're used interchangeably.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:29 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
'Trade paperback' is a printing term for any paperback publication that's larger in height and width, often 8-1/2x11 but sometimes smaller. In comics, it usually means they take a bunch of issues and bind them together as one volume. 'Graphic novel' is the comics-industry-invented term for a fat comic book, generally of one non-reprinted, continuous and self-contained story.

That's all in theory. In practice, they're used interchangeably.

Seems the same to me- hell some of the most renowned literary works ever were originally published by newspapers as serials - including works by Dickens, Count of Monte Cristo, Uncle Tom's Cabin, Anna Karenina, The Brothers Karamazov, Madame Bovary, and the Sherlock Holmes series.

Doesn't matter if you read it in parts or as one piece...
[Reply]
DaveNull 03:05 PM 04-27-2014
I also seem to recall that the term "graphic novel" came about while comics were still viewed as "for kids".

I read Secret Wars yesterday and it really is interesting to see how far the art form has come since that was first released.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 07:22 PM 04-27-2014
Zack Snyder Officially Set to Direct Justice League

A Justice League feature film is not only officially on track today, but has also announced a director. The Wall Street Journal reports that Man of Steel helmer Zack Snyder will make the ensemble blockbuster his followup to 2016's Batman vs. Superman.

“It will be a further expansion of this universe,” Warner Bros. president of worldwide production Greg Silverman tells the outlet. "’Superman vs Batman’ will lead into ‘Justice League.’”

Although no Justice League cast is official at this stage, the project is likely to again star Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and Ray Fisher as Cyborg (with a view other JLAers expected to be announced in the future).

The article also offers a slightly less optimistic update on the status of a Wonder Woman solo film, noting that, while the studio is open to the idea, they feel the right script has not yet been found.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:28 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
Zack Snyder Officially Set to Direct Justice League

A Justice League feature film is not only officially on track today, but has also announced a director. The Wall Street Journal reports that Man of Steel helmer Zack Snyder will make the ensemble blockbuster his followup to 2016's Batman vs. Superman.

“It will be a further expansion of this universe,” Warner Bros. president of worldwide production Greg Silverman tells the outlet. "’Superman vs Batman’ will lead into ‘Justice League.’”

Although no Justice League cast is official at this stage, the project is likely to again star Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and Ray Fisher as Cyborg (with a view other JLAers expected to be announced in the future).

The article also offers a slightly less optimistic update on the status of a Wonder Woman solo film, noting that, while the studio is open to the idea, they feel the right script has not yet been found.
How about they focus on not making a steaming pile of a movie before they worry about THAT movie's followup film...
[Reply]
bowener 10:52 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
How about they focus on not making a steaming pile of a movie before they worry about THAT movie's followup film...

Doesn't matter. Enough saps will "love" the pile of shit they push out. Profits are king. Michael Bay would be out of a job otherwise.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 10:54 PM 04-27-2014
Hell, Zack Snyder would be out of a job otherwise.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:54 PM 04-27-2014
I didn't 'love' it, but I liked Man of Steel, enough to have seen it 3 or 4 times. This news doesn't bother me at all. Kind of assumed it already.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:14 PM 04-27-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I didn't 'love' it, but I liked Man of Steel, enough to have seen it 3 or 4 times. This news doesn't bother me at all. Kind of assumed it already.
Ya, I was being a bit over dramatic, and not all that concerned. Marvel has seemed to figure out how to put out consistently good movies, so if DC's suck either based on word of mouth or the trailer not interesting me, I am fine with skipping seeing it in theaters.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:24 AM 04-28-2014
Cool. I figured it would either be Snyder or Affleck. Affleck was rumored a few years ago.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 03:12 PM 05-04-2014
Jason Momoa has reportedly been signed on to the cast. They're not saying who he'll be playing, but there's mention of Aquaman, which I think would be a screamingly good choice.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/04/...Cmanual#!Iqrl0
[Reply]
Valiant 04:46 PM 05-04-2014
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
Jason Momoa has reportedly been signed on to the cast. They're not saying who he'll be playing, but there's mention of Aquaman, which I think would be a screamingly good choice.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/04/...Cmanual#!Iqrl0
Ok, of course that means no blonde lockes. At least I hope not, he would look dumb.

Man, they need to bring back SGA.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:44 PM 05-04-2014
:-) There are about 5 of these clips....sorry if repost

[Reply]
Page 25 of 126
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up