ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>At what point did you realize that Mahomes was other-worldly?
Fat Elvis 11:34 PM 09-21-2018
For me, it was last year in a preseason game vs the Bungles. Mahomes gets flushed out of the pocket, rolls to his right, and throws a freakin' *curveball* to his receiver between three defenders.

Prior to that play, it never occurred to me that throwing a curveball with a football (let alone throwing a curveball with a baseball) on the run was even within the realm of possibility.

Mahomes making the unblocked defender miss on a naked boot and threading the needle. pic.twitter.com/26xbo3qpGH

— Ted Nguyen (@FB_FilmAnalysis) August 20, 2017

[Reply]
DRM08 12:23 AM 09-22-2018
Now just in terms of his heart, the 2015 TCU game is a great example. The kid is a big time fighter even in very tough situations.

Very early in that TCU game, he suffered a pretty bad knee injury. He had a terrible limp the rest of that game and in fact wore a big knee brace the rest of his college career. That was about another 22 games with the knee problem. Most of us thought he would sit out at least a few games in 2015 but he kept playing through it.

Anyway, in this TCU game he managed to put 50+ points on the board with one leg. That TCU team was ranked #3 in the country. Pat led Tech to a game-winning drive, only to watch the Tech defense choke away the victory. Similar to Drew Brees in the playoffs against the Vikings. Pat and his teammates almost pulled off a miracle of laterals at the very end with no time on the clock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byjxv7qDM8g
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:27 AM 09-22-2018
I was like. I wasn't even in the read pat LOL
[Reply]
eDave 12:29 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This was the play that changed The Matrix.

After that, anything is possible.

When you got on board, I got worried. Your track record blows. Don't let us down.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:36 AM 09-22-2018
Mahomes wowed me in preseason but that was against backups.

This is his best play. He’s running backwards from Von Miller keeping his eyes downfield and launches it perfectly between defenders. I can’t definitively say that anyone outside of Rodgers can make this play.

Miller is able to get some pressure and force Mahomes off his spot. He gets outside the pocket and makes one of the best throws of the year by any quarterback. Unbelievable final drive. pic.twitter.com/x6LGt10fs2

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) January 2, 2018

[Reply]
Buns 12:36 AM 09-22-2018
For me it was in the lead up to the draft, when I saw that throw running to his right against Lousiana Tech. And then watching the shit out of the Gruden QB Camp.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:39 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
He isn't. Not at all.

It's so weird, really. Guys like Skip Clueless and Thannon Tharp actually MAKE UP stats to support completely fabricated narratives regarding Mahomes. I've never seen anything like it.

Then again, I've never actually fact-checked most of these imbeciles.

Because who wants to spend their time fact-checking imbeciles?

FAX
i fact check you. i in fact check your posts. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:40 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Anyway, in this TCU game he managed to put 50+ points on the board with one leg.
:-)

Look at him throw the ball 70 yards with a bad knee on the last drive.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:41 AM 09-22-2018
The game that convinced me Pat could play very well at the NFL level was against LSU. That defense had about 10 NFL guys and Pat had almost no help on his side of the ball. Pat's NFL Left Tackle got absolutely destroyed in the pass rush by LSU's Arden Key.

As a result of the fact Tech's OL got manhandled by LSU, Mahomes was pulling miracles scrambling around throwing across his body to convert 3rd downs, etc. Keep in mind this was after the TCU knee injury earlier in the same season, which makes his scrambling in this LSU game even more remarkable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4rGwPzAnbo
[Reply]
FAX 12:42 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i fact check you. i in fact check your posts. :-) :-)

FAX
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:45 AM 09-22-2018
The game that convinced me Pat could play very well at the NFL level was against LSU. That defense had about 10 NFL guys and Pat had almost no help on his side of the ball. Pat's NFL Left Tackle got absolutely destroyed in the pass rush by LSU's Arden Key.

As a result of the fact Tech's OL got manhandled by LSU, Mahomes was pulling miracles scrambling around throwing across his body to convert 3rd downs, etc. Keep in mind this was after the TCU knee injury earlier in the same season, which makes his scrambling in this LSU game even more remarkable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4rGwPzAnbo
one thing i love he does, but he's yet to do this year, that i know of...

his fake up the middle run, backpeddles a bit, then throws it :-)
[Reply]
Buns 12:48 AM 09-22-2018
Now just in terms of his heart, the 2015 TCU game is a great example. The kid is a big time fighter even in very tough situations.

Very early in that TCU game, he suffered a pretty bad knee injury. He had a terrible limp the rest of that game and in fact wore a big knee brace the rest of his college career. That was about another 22 games with the knee problem. Most of us thought he would sit out at least a few games in 2015 but he kept playing through it.

Anyway, in this TCU game he managed to put 50+ points on the board with one leg. That TCU team was ranked #3 in the country. Pat led Tech to a game-winning drive, only to watch the Tech defense choke away the victory. Similar to Drew Brees in the playoffs against the Vikings. Pat and his teammates almost pulled off a miracle of laterals at the very end with no time on the clock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byjxv7qDM8g
That's fucking heartbreaking, man.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:56 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Buns:
That's ****ing heartbreaking, man.
Yeah it was a crappy way to lose that game. Felt really bad for Mahomes because the dude put 1,000% into it on a bad leg.
[Reply]
FAX 12:58 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Buns:
That's ****ing heartbreaking, man.
To be fair, Mr. Buns, games that end with failed laterals usually are.

It's that broken condom moment when all the good things you had planned for your life are suddenly shattered into utter oblivion with the soul-crushing knowledge that you are now going to wind up financially supporting a desert whore and her wildling child for the next 20 years. Dreams of a graduate degree? Gone. Visions of traveling the world using your own name? Done. Nope ... now you're forced to choose between either becoming a desert pimp or stealing someone else's social security number and living the life of an anonymous vagabond after decorating your isolated jungle shack which you built from palm branches and discarded periodical pages.

FAX
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:10 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
To be fair, Mr. Buns, games that end with failed laterals usually are.

It's that broken condom moment when all the good things you had planned for your life are suddenly shattered into utter oblivion with the soul-crushing knowledge that you are now going to wind up financially supporting a desert whore and her wildling child for the next 20 years. Dreams of a graduate degree? Gone. Visions of traveling the world using your own name? Done. Nope ... now you're forced to choose between either becoming a desert pimp or stealing someone else's social security number and living the life of an anonymous vagabond after decorating your isolated jungle shack which you built from palm branches and discarded periodical pages.

FAX

Did you bang a saudi hooker at some point?

I missed you
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:13 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Did you bang a saudi hooker at some point?

I missed you
um... not sure how to break this to you but dont let billay and sr read this post.... bound to be some jealousy that comes around. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up