ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3284 of 3903
« First < 2284278431843234327432803281328232833284 32853286328732883294333433843784 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 01:01 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah! Get 'em!!!
Cross-forum fail. Impressive.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:10 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not sure how old you are, but 1 in 5 people under 40 have metabolic syndrome, a risk factor for heart disease bc of poor diet/lifestyle.

You’ll be able to get a vaccine within months whereas heart disease has been a major problem for decades.
50% of smokers will die from a smoking related illness while also causing harm to people around them , banning cigarettes seems easier than banning fat people if you want to save lives and reduce healthcare costs, might lower heart disease numbers you are talking about as well.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:16 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So how are you guys proposing we do these things with obesity?

Comparing a contagious virus to obesity seems a bit off to me but have at it
We weren’t comparing it to only the virus. The previous post with most deaths by day with wars, 9/11 etc was the reference.

And yes we need to start making drastic changes to our system to help people be healthier. That includes helping poor people get access to healthy food.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:19 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Oh, so heart disease isn't spread by a contagious virus. Good to know.
It isn’t, which means that covid will be under control within a handful of months with the rollout of a vaccine.

Heart disease has been a problem before, now and will still be a problem.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:20 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
We could try yelling at every fat person we see? :-)
Could work
Stop yelling at me. I'm just big boned.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:21 PM 12-10-2020
It isn’t, which means that covid will be under control within a handful of months with the rollout of a vaccine.

completely reworking your economic and healthcare systems and the lifestyle of hundreds of millions of people should do the trick , easy enough.
[Reply]
O.city 01:24 PM 12-10-2020

It's a huge problem.

I've been told it's people's personal choice though, so there is no forcing anyone to do anything that could be helpful to everyone.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:27 PM 12-10-2020
So will they approve this today or tomorrow?
[Reply]
TLO 01:34 PM 12-10-2020
Parsing thru the data, why isn't a single shot of the pfizer vaccine on the table? I understand for long term the 2nd, but damn after the 1 thats a hella response.
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm hoping they discuss this today.
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think the concern is that one dose wouldn't provide lasting immunity, but I know they don't have enough data to make any conclusions about that definitively.

In short, I'll leave that one up to the people who are smarter than me. :-)
So this question was just asked by one of the doctor's on the panel to the Pfizer group.

If I understood the Pfizer groups answer, they started this as a 2 dose trial, so they simply don't have the data for a single shot and its efficacy long term.

The lady answering the question had her mic cutting in and out so I didn't hear everything she said.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:38 PM 12-10-2020
It's a huge problem.

I've been told it's people's personal choice though, so there is no forcing anyone to do anything that could be helpful to everyone.
My wife pretty much spends all her days fighting with people trying to make them healthier , it is harder than it sounds.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:41 PM 12-10-2020
Roughly 655,000 people die of heart disease every year for reasons htismaqe listed. This does not count the diabetes rates skyrocketing over time which leads to future health problems.

If we truly care about about this, we’ll help people get healthy, make healthy food more available and promote healthy lifestyles.
Yes, I think we should follow suit and employ a sugar tax on sodas! That is if you truly care.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:44 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
So this question was just asked by one of the doctor's on the panel to the Pfizer group.

If I understood the Pfizer groups answer, they started this as a 2 dose trial, so they simply don't have the data for a single shot and its efficacy long term.

The lady answering the question had her mic cutting in and out so I didn't hear everything she said.
Makes sense. It's probably not dissimilar to Moderna's finding that the half dose was better. It may be true, but if they didn't collect enough data to conclude that confidently, they can't make it a recommendation at this point.
[Reply]
TLO 01:44 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
So will they approve this today or tomorrow?
If they're gonna approve it today, we should know in a couple hours
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:45 PM 12-10-2020
We weren’t comparing it to only the virus. The previous post with most deaths by day with wars, 9/11 etc was the reference.

And yes we need to start making drastic changes to our system to help people be healthier. That includes helping poor people get access to healthy food.
Poor people in general (always exceptions) have access to healthy food, its ridiculous to claim otherwise at this point.

Eggs are cheap, vegetables are cheap, water is damn near free where as soda isn't etc....Maybe some education would help but lets be honest, a lot of obesity is driven by laziness and poor habits taught to children who grow into adults with poor habits.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:47 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Yes, I think we should follow suit and employ a sugar tax on sodas! That is if you truly care.
Why not? They have additional taxes on cigarettes and alcohol, I'm fine with taxing sugar.

But I also want to have input on what the $ is used for.
[Reply]
Page 3284 of 3903
« First < 2284278431843234327432803281328232833284 32853286328732883294333433843784 > Last »
Up