ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>Twin Peaks to Return on Showtime
Miles 11:40 PM 10-06-2014
http://www.avclub.com/article/showti...on-2016-210127

Great and pretty unexpected news that this is actually happening.
[Reply]
banecat 03:50 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
when the main actor stands 8n one spot acting catatonic, and then for no reason showing images of people sitting in chairs looking at him with quick cut angles for one episode with no dialogue isn't fun it's strange and boring.
Was the man from another place in one of the chairs?
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 04:07 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
when the main actor stands 8n one spot acting catatonic, and then for no reason showing images of people sitting in chairs looking at him with quick cut angles for one episode with no dialogue isn't fun it's strange and boring.
To each their own. I found it strange and captivating. I was hooked the whole time.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 04:56 PM 05-22-2018
The old Twin Peaks was a fun satire as well as trailblazing storytelling. It's almost unbelievable that he was able to get that on network TV in the 90's. That said, the new Twin Peaks is on another level. Taken as one work, it is probably Lynch's masterpiece, with only Eraserhead and Mulholland Drive as possible challengers.

The fucking balls on this guy. And good for Showtime for giving him this kind of freedom. I hope it pays dividends for them as far as attracting top talent to develop content for them.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:01 PM 05-22-2018
HELLLLOOOOOO!!!!!!
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:03 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
The old Twin Peaks was a fun satire as well as trailblazing storytelling. It's almost unbelievable that he was able to get that on network TV in the 90's. That said, the new Twin Peaks is on another level. Taken as one work, it is probably Lynch's masterpiece, with only Eraserhead and Mulholland Drive as possible challengers.

The ****ing balls on this guy. And good for Showtime for giving him this kind of freedom. I hope it pays dividends for them as far as attracting top talent to develop content for them.
Inland Empire was horrifying. There were parts of it where I was scared for my safety.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 09:27 AM 05-23-2018

The fucking balls on this guy. And good for Showtime for giving him this kind of freedom. I hope it pays dividends for them as far as attracting top talent to develop content for them.
aw huh
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 09:29 AM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Inland Empire was horrifying. There were parts of it where I was scared for my safety.
One of the things I love most about Lynch's work is how it can rattle me to my marrow. Virtually every one of his movies/shows has had that effect on me at some point during the experience. Mullholland Drive, Lost Highway, Inland Empire, Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet... they've all scared the shit out of me. Same with the original Twin Peaks, FWwM and the new season. Lynch is tapped into something so deep and primal and raw. It's horrifying, fascinating and gratifying all at the same time.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:24 AM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
One of the things I love most about Lynch's work is how it can rattle me to my marrow. Virtually every one of his movies/shows has had that effect on me at some point during the experience. Mullholland Drive, Lost Highway, Inland Empire, Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet... they've all scared the shit out of me. Same with the original Twin Peaks, FWwM and the new season. Lynch is tapped into something so deep and primal and raw. It's horrifying, fascinating and gratifying all at the same time.
he varies the volume a lot in the dream sequences in Inland Empire - which in my dreams that seems to happen as well. I agree.
[Reply]
Miles 01:23 PM 05-23-2018
I find exactly the same. For some reason I’ve never seen Inland Empire and probably should do something about that.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 01:33 PM 05-23-2018
The scene with the seductive woman in the apartment in Eraserhead is my favorite example of this. I felt absolutely nailed to my seat and I cannot properly articulate why. Club Silencio in Mulholland Drive is another great one. Dean Stockwell lipsyncing in Blue Velvet. Lynch calls it "the eye of the duck".
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:46 PM 05-23-2018
The scene with the seductive woman in the apartment in Eraserhead is my favorite example of this. I felt absolutely nailed to my seat and I cannot properly articulate why. Club Silencio in Mulholland Drive is another great one. Dean Stockwell lipsyncing in Blue Velvet. Lynch calls it "the eye of the duck".
what about Winkies?
[Reply]
kysirsoze 02:11 PM 05-23-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
what about Winkies?
Yeah. Good call. I could see it either way. I don't know which one Lunch would pick out, but his movies seem to have several "eyes of the duck". Lol.

Side note :

I rented the DVD of Inland Empire years ago and watched it. As it was going I was like "ok this is too weird even for me" and "Jesus Christ how long is this fucking thing?". After about 3 hours, I snap and turn it off. Next morning, I take the DVD out and realize I had been watching the incredibly long collection of deleted scenes. It was one of those two sided DVDs with special features on one side and it auto played when I put it in. As a Lynch fan I had to laugh that I spent 3 hours thinking this nonsensical string of images and scenes was the movie. I also, of course, felt like a fucking idiot, but at least I didn't watch it and come out praising it as a masterpiece either. The rental had expired so I had to return it and still haven't seen the movie. Only one of his I haven't seen. Lmao
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:11 AM 05-24-2018
Yeah. Good call. I could see it either way. I don't know which one Lunch would pick out, but his movies seem to have several "eyes of the duck". Lol.

Side note :

I rented the DVD of Inland Empire years ago and watched it. As it was going I was like "ok this is too weird even for me" and "Jesus Christ how long is this ****ing thing?". After about 3 hours, I snap and turn it off. Next morning, I take the DVD out and realize I had been watching the incredibly long collection of deleted scenes. It was one of those two sided DVDs with special features on one side and it auto played when I put it in. As a Lynch fan I had to laugh that I spent 3 hours thinking this nonsensical string of images and scenes was the movie. I also, of course, felt like a ****ing idiot, but at least I didn't watch it and come out praising it as a masterpiece either. The rental had expired so I had to return it and still haven't seen the movie. Only one of his I haven't seen. Lmao
I definitely like it - those brunettes in the middle were top shelf too.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:16 AM 05-24-2018
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 08:56 AM 05-24-2018
David Lynch is a goddamn genius and a national treasure!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up