ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 17
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
seamonster 05:03 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That's what's your liver and kidneys and lymph nodes and shit are for..

You're going to do what you want but a 10-day fast doesn't seem wise. Maybe just restrict your cals to 1200 a day? You should be able to lose weight fairly quickly if you're moderately active.

Your body has adapted to living off food so going without it isn't sustainable.
It's wise and it's backed up with science. That's the only way I picked up stage III cancer in my lymph nodes. I fasted for two days and did heavy leg work outs and got an instant fever. My body started to eat away at the metastic tumor while it was in fasting mode and it saved my life. Had I not have done that I wouldn't have realized I had cancer and the disease would have spread to the lungs the brain.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
[Reply]
scho63 05:09 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I'm no doctor and haven't read up on water fasting in particular, but my first thought would be that you better be exercising as well as at least replacing the water you're losing from food.

From what I've read on simple dieting, after water weight comes muscle mass if you're not working out... I can easily lose 10+ pounds of water weight alone after a week or three of holiday-type of gorging and a few days on keto (and I'm not overweight, besides a little skinny-fatness), which is of course the same reason people come back to these types of things. And then on top of that, there's probably muscle loss and then maybe some fat.

Your liver and kidneys can take care of the "toxins".
This is a fallacy of losing muscle mass. Once in ketosis, your body only burns stored fat.

You never want to keep exercising on a water fast as your body will crave fuel and there is none.

Walking or hiking are fine but no gym!
[Reply]
Jerok 05:11 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No argument here.
[Reply]
redfan 05:13 PM 01-21-2021
That doesn't sound very healthy at all op, but I'm no nutritionist.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:14 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
This is a fallacy of losing muscle mass. Once in ketosis, your body only burns stored fat.

You never want to keep exercising on a water fast as your body will crave fuel and there is none.

Your body requires protein for several metabolic processes. If you're not taking in protein, you're still burning protein. If you're reaching ketosis by eating literally nothing, your body will absolutely break down muscle to get protein.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:28 PM 01-21-2021

Again, I'm no doctor, but that really doesn't seem to make sense and there are studies that state otherwise.

Ketosis obviously works from a fat burning perspective because you're not giving yourself enough carbs to live off, but there's no magic of ketones that I've ever read that protects muscle mass by itself.

Even on a normal keto diet, everything I've read/listened to (and backed up by studies as much as possible) says to make sure you're eating enough protein and working out, and there's a ton of stuff out there on muscle loss on a high fat/high protein diet, much less no protein at all.

And the older people get, I would think it becomes even smarter to consult doctors about it and do research, as people will generally lose muscle mass as they age regardless of diet.

And for a week a year... probably not a big deal. Just pointing out that the perceived benefits of this seem to either not exist at all ("toxins") or are masked by something else (water weight and muscle loss).

Originally Posted by :
“Muscle loss on the ketogenic diet is an ongoing area of research,” says Edwina Clark, RD, a dietitian in private practice in San Francisco. “Small studies suggest that people on the ketogenic diet lose muscle even when they continue resistance training. This may be related to the fact that protein alone is less effective for muscle building than protein and carbohydrates together after exercise.” Meanwhile, according to a small study published in March 2018 in the journal Sports, people following the keto diet for three months lost about the same amount of body fat and had about the same muscle mass changes as people following normal diets. Yet the folks on keto did lose more leg muscle.
Link 1 (emoji was killing it)

Link 2
[Reply]
stevieray 05:29 PM 01-21-2021
whoa.

No thanks.

...but good fortune if it helps you!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:55 PM 01-21-2021
Fasting is great and always makes you feel better. Gotta get past the first 24 hours and then its all gravy. I do a 72 hour about once a month.

Fasting gives your body a chance to heal because you're not spending all the energy digesting food. You actually start producing stem cells at some point ,I think at 3 days or so. Your body goes into full repair mode.

Jesus did it regular. He turned out OK.

Also it's a good thing to know you can do for when SHTF. People stock up on food but all you need is water and electrolytes.

I watched a video of a guy that did a 40 day fast a while back and it was very interesting. He drank smart water like you buy at the store. I'll see if I can find the video. He went 40 days and then decided to set the guinnes record of like 52 days and did that since he had made it to 40.
[Reply]
Eureka 06:07 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Isn't fasting supposed to be good for us because of our ancestors not always able to hunt for a meal so our bodies are technically used to going long periods without food instead of eating multiple times a day.
You are exactly right. That is why on day 4 you get a burst of energy. My eyesight is bright, sense of smell increase, and I feel kind of on alert. Our ancestors would use this to go hunting as the body is giving its best so you can. Got to eventually eat.

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
That's what's your liver and kidneys and lymph nodes and shit are for..

You're going to do what you want but a 10-day fast doesn't seem wise. Maybe just restrict your cals to 1200 a day? You should be able to lose weight fairly quickly if you're moderately active.

Your body has adapted to living off food so going without it isn't sustainable.
A Russian scientist studied this stuff after WWII. They found that Men who had 800ish calories were much more agitated/uncomfortable while the men who fasting only where able to cope better. Soviet Russia could experiment on groups of people then. That scientist Dr. Yuri Nikolayev studied fasting for decades. A lot of what know is based off that. Interestingly these studies only came a decade after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Congrats on your 10 day Arkansas Meth diet

Your digestion issue was H. pylori

order a pizza or something
Had to look H. Pylori up. Didn't have those symptoms.

Originally Posted by seamonster:
It's wise and it's backed up with science. That's the only way I picked up stage III cancer in my lymph nodes. I fasted for two days and did heavy leg work outs and got an instant fever. My body started to eat away at the metastic tumor while it was in fasting mode and it saved my life. Had I not have done that I wouldn't have realized I had cancer and the disease would have spread to the lungs the brain.
Correct. Studies have shown that fasting causes the body to stop the spread of cancer. From what I understand the cancer doesn't like to feed off Ketones which is what the body produces for energy while fasting. Cancer loves sugar though which is in almost everyone's diet.

The truth is Western medicine doesn't push fasting and it really comes down to one simple Fact. Fasting is free and not really profitable.

The body understand that fat takes less energy to break down and turn it into energy then muscle does. Therefore the body uses mostly fat as an energy source over muscle. It will eventually break down more muscle once fat reserves are low.

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Your body requires protein for several metabolic processes. If you're not taking in protein, you're still burning protein. If you're reaching ketosis by eating literally nothing, your body will absolutely break down muscle to get protein.
Muscle takes more energy for the body to break down into usable energy. Fat takes less energy to break down thus the body will use fat. The body is amazing and will do what is necessary to survive the longest.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:09 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Fasting gives your body a chance to heal because you're not spending all the energy digesting food.
Food IS energy.

Healing from what, exactly? Will my digestive tract get bored and start working on my shin splints after a few days? That would be cool.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:09 PM 01-21-2021
I you got time to kill this is a very good video

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:10 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Food IS energy.

Healing from what, exactly? Will my digestive tract get bored and start working on my shin splints after a few days? That would be cool.
Actually yes, it will
[Reply]
Eureka 06:12 PM 01-21-2021
Fasting is great and always makes you feel better. Gotta get past the first 24 hours and then its all gravy. I do a 72 hour about once a month.

Fasting gives your body a chance to heal because you're not spending all the energy digesting food. You actually start producing stem cells at some point ,I think at 3 days or so. Your body goes into full repair mode.
This is great information and is one of the reasons I fast every year. I give my body a break, give it a chance to repair, and detox itself. Cool that you do that HOG. Maybe I'll try a three day once in awhile. First three are def the hardest.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:15 PM 01-21-2021
After 3 days ve careful because that's when you start getting light headed and dizzy thus affecting daily tasks and job duties
[Reply]
Eureka 06:18 PM 01-21-2021
I you got time to kill this is a very good video
Watched that documentary and it was very interesting. He ended up gaining all his weight back over a few years.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 17
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up