ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: How many ketchup packets do you desire for a large order of McDonald's fries?
0 - Ketchup only masks the flavor of the fries. 22 32.35%
1 - I gently use ketchup as a garnish. 7 10.29%
2 - Ketchup enhances the flavor, but only if used in moderation. 4 5.88%
3 - I desire some coverage on my fries. 4 5.88%
4 - Fries are good. Ketchup is good. Together they're great. 15 22.06%
5 - I like ketchup. Give me a break. 4 5.88%
6 - This is America, where the ketchup flows down forested mountainsides. 4 5.88%
7 - Ketchup keeps my coat sleek and shiny. 2 2.94%
8 or more - The fries are merely a vehicle for the ketchup. 5 7.35%
I don't eat french fries. Please don't tell the government that I'm an alien. 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Why are ketchup packets so small?
Rain Man 04:59 PM 01-19-2021
I mean, really. Why? One ketchup packet handles two french fries, maybe three. If I'm at McDonald's I have to grab a dozen packets to cover a large order of fries, and it makes me feel like a heel to do it.

And it's not even efficient. There's so little ketchup in each packet that 10 percent ends up on the packet where I tore it open due to surface tension or non-Newtonian flow or some other scientific principle. Who designed these things?

Is the problem me? Do I use too much ketchup? Or is the problem a society that makes me a villain for using ketchup?
[Reply]
Frosty 08:27 PM 01-19-2021
It's weird but, while I don't care much for ketchup, I eat a ton of it on fries. I don't know how many packs I would use on a typical fast food order of fries but it was a lot.Also, I don't like ketchup on hash browns or tater tots. I usually eat hash browns with only salt on them and I eat tater tots with 1000 Island dressing.

The only other thing I eat ketchup with is those little frozen potato cubes (I think they're called O'Brien potatoes or Southern-style hash browns, depending where you live) that I cook 'til crisp in an air fryer. But to me, those are tiny fries so they seem right with ketchup.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:28 PM 01-19-2021
I wish they kept the ketchup packets refrigerated. Cold ketchup is a welcome compliment to hot salty fries.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:31 PM 01-19-2021
Because the amount of fries they serve you now is obnoxiously big, compared to years past.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:49 PM 01-19-2021
I hate it when the chiefs fall behind and have to play ketchup
[Reply]
thabear04 09:26 PM 01-19-2021
Ketchup and pepper mixed together.
Ketchup and ranch mixed together.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:43 PM 01-19-2021
I'm a huge ketchup fan, mostly on potatoes, meatloaf, and burgers. We are a Heinz family, but we still call it "Mahomes Sauce."

I don't usually get fries at McDonald's because of the tiny ketchup package issue and I am almost always driving if I'm eating McDonald's. A pack is good for maybe 5 fries.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:51 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
For a year or two my local Wendys used those double size, bottle shaped packets... I loved them, they were the perfect answer to tiny packets

Must've proven too expensive to maintain or something, who knows
Wendy's used to have those self-fill tiny cups of ketchup when you ate in. I would use at least 6 of those for a medium fry. Fast food restaurants are uniformly stingy in their ketchup distribution policies. Stingy people have cold hearts.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:56 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by thabear04:
Ketchup and pepper mixed together.
Ketchup and ranch mixed together.
Bar-B-Que and ranch is delish!
[Reply]
cdcox 09:58 PM 01-19-2021
I have to open those tiny ketchup packets with my teeth after some teenager has dug their grubby hand in the packet bin a dozen times. Not only do fast food restaurants have a cold heart, but they endanger public health.

Free the Mahomes Sauce!
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:37 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Wendy's used to have those self-fill tiny cups of ketchup when you ate in. I would use at least 6 of those for a medium fry. Fast food restaurants are uniformly stingy in their ketchup distribution policies. Stingy people have cold hearts.
Shit, try to get an extra packet or two of their chili sauce out of them sometime.
[Reply]
srvy 10:48 PM 01-19-2021
I have always been a BBQ sauce to dip a fry but Freddy's fry sauce has grown on me. Fresh cut fries require nothing for me but salt.
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:50 PM 01-19-2021
Sir, I do believe, it is to make your hands look large. I have the same theory about your penii.
[Reply]
srvy 11:14 PM 01-19-2021
My wife left the rice farm and took a job sewing in a sweatshop in Manila. When payday came around on a Friday she and the girls would splurge on a small fry at the new Mcdonalds that had just arrived there. Nothing else really sold well at first but french fries. So they add chicken wings to the menu to compete with Jollibee and Crackado took off in the PI.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:18 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
Heinz dip and squeeze packets solve that problem. To bad I've only seen them at a couple places like Culver's and Chick-fil-A.
This. Newer packets are NOT small. Culver's and Caine's have them here.
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:23 PM 01-19-2021
Packets that do not need to be handed out: ketchup
Packets that are too big: mayonnaise
Packets that are too small: mustard
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up