ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 92
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About the Bills (AFC Championship Edition)
cmh6476 05:11 PM 01-17-2021
They're pretty good
[Reply]
Mecca 09:32 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Matter2003:
Allen hasn't really been that this year other than a few spots. I feel as if people are simply waiting for him to do something like that so they can jump up and be like "See!! I told you he is still too reckless with the football!!"

QB's like Wilson make bad decisions like throwing a terrible pick 6 and complete 40% of his passes in the playoffs and people just gloss over it like those things happen. Allen makes a throw that a defender gets a hand on they lambast him for throwing into coverage and making a terrible decision.

It is kind of comical how Allen's standard of play needs to be much higher because of what people believed coming out of the draft and what they saw his first year and some of his second and not based on what other QBs around the league are doing.
He did it repeatedly in the Rams game...turning his back to the rush, holding the ball in 1 hand while trying to break DL tackles surrounded by others etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:35 PM 01-18-2021
I put him on ignore, so I didn't get a chance to see his idiotic posts to respond to them.
You put me on ignore, ThaDix? That's not very nice of you.

Also, considering I've made two posts to YOU and you already have me on ignore, that's even more incrimination.
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:35 PM 01-18-2021
Allen hasn't really been that this year other than a few spots. I feel as if people are simply waiting for him to do something like that so they can jump up and be like "See!! I told you he is still too reckless with the football!!"

QB's like Wilson make bad decisions like throwing a terrible pick 6 and complete 40% of his passes in the playoffs and people just gloss over it like those things happen. Allen makes a throw that a defender gets a hand on they lambast him for throwing into coverage and making a terrible decision.

It is kind of comical how Allen's standard of play needs to be much higher because of what people believed coming out of the draft and what they saw his first year and some of his second and not based on what other QBs around the league are doing.
Who cares? He wants a name for himself, to be the champ you got to beat the champ. He's here in 6 days for that opportunity. Do I think Buffalo will win? Not with Patrick, maybe not even with Henne.

Everybody was talking shit about Mahomes. He shut them up. Let's see if Allen can do it.
[Reply]
Matter2003 09:35 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He did it repeatedly in the Rams game...turning his back to the rush, holding the ball in 1 hand while trying to break DL tackles surrounded by others etc.
He also threw 25% of their entire years passing TDs allowed in 1 game and ran for another.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:36 PM 01-18-2021
Sounds good in theory but don't you think Baltimore, Indy and pretty much every other team tried this too? There is a reason he had 127 catches and over 1500 yards and led the NFL in both receptions and yards. It would be like saying teams should take away Kelce. They try. It doesn't work.

There are scheme adjustments they can make which make it nearly impossible for a team to truly take him out...namely they run a lot of deep overs with him that means the CB is in a trail position underneath him and the safety is having to try and run from the other side of the field to catch him and Allen's ball placement on those throws is usually perfect out in front of him.

Additionally when Allen escapes the pocket(like Mahomes does a lot) zone coverages tend to break down and the Bills WR are very good at finding the holes in the zones, many times sitting down or even drifting slightly inside where Allen uses his arm to make throws that would be major no-no's for other QB's(like Mahomes does).
The problem with that comparison is that the Chiefs are filled to the brim with playmakers that Mahomes will be more than happy to throw to. You double Kelce, we've got Hill. You double both of them, we've got Watkins/Hardman. Or we've got CEH in the flat. Or we could just run it with CEH. Or we run a sweep motion.

I'm not talking bad about Diggs, he's great, but you put Sneed on him with some safety help, and you eliminate the big play, it just makes the game that much harder for Allen. Sure maybe Diggs gets open for some 10-15 yarders and racks up yards, maybe even a TD. But don't sleep on Spags. Force him to throw to his TE's, his 2nd or 3rd options, take away the reliable option when things break down.
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:37 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
The problem with that comparison is that the Chiefs are filled to the brim with playmakers that Mahomes will be more than happy to throw to. You double Kelce, we've got Hill. You double both of them, we've got Watkins/Hardman. Or we've got CEH in the flat. Or we could just run it with CEH. Or we run a sweep motion.

I'm not talking bad about Diggs, he's great, but you put Sneed on him with some safety help, and you eliminate the big play, it just makes the game that much harder for Allen. Sure maybe Diggs gets open for some 10-15 yarders and racks up yards, maybe even a TD. Force him to throw to his TE's, his 2nd or 3rd options, take away the reliable option when things break down.
Is Clyde expected back?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:38 PM 01-18-2021
He also threw 25% of their entire years passing TDs allowed in 1 game and ran for another.
And he does it because it works sometimes, the issue is other times you'll have a 4 turnover game or do it at a key time and lose.

His fumble against the Colts is an example of how he almost cost them the game bring reckless.
[Reply]
Matter2003 09:40 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:

I'm not talking bad about Diggs, he's great, but you put Sneed on him with some safety help, and you eliminate the big play, it just makes the game that much harder for Allen. Sure maybe Diggs gets open for some 10-15 yarders and racks up yards, maybe even a TD. But don't sleep on Spags. Force him to throw to his TE's, his 2nd or 3rd options, take away the reliable option when things break down.
I wouldn't discount Beasley, Brown or Davis for that matter. Davis has made big catches on the sideline for us when Allen scrambles all year. Beasley may not be 100% but he is still dangerous in the slot. The Ravens put Marlon Humphrey on him a lot of the game. Chiefs don't have a Marlon Humphrey to put on him in the slot.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:46 PM 01-18-2021
I wouldn't discount Beasley, Brown or Davis for that matter. Davis has made big catches on the sideline for us when Allen scrambles all year. Beasley may not be 100% but he is still dangerous in the slot. The Ravens put Marlon Humphrey on him a lot of the game. Chiefs don't have a Marlon Humphrey to put on him in the slot.
Don't underestimate Sneed. He might not be a Humphrey yet, but he is far better than you think he is.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:46 PM 01-18-2021
Bills fans are absolutely PRAYING that Mahomes is concussed on their board.

It’s pathetic and disgusting.
[Reply]
Matter2003 09:46 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
And he does it because it works sometimes, the issue is other times you'll have a 4 turnover game or do it at a key time and lose.

His fumble against the Colts is an example of how he almost cost them the game bring reckless.
Was that really a reckless play tho? He evaded a guy coming up the middle and simply turned and another player was in his face immediately. That just seemed like more of a bad luck play than reckless. Was it really any more reckless than Mahomes taking a 30 yard sack against the Dolphins?

I'll agree that he can be a little loose with the ball at times but him grabbing a Rams LB by the facemask and throwing him down knocking a DT down too like 2 bowling pins, then stiff arming Aaron Donald and escaping outside to throw the ball away was probably the most bad ass play of the year by a QB. Well...maybe his stiff arming a Dolphin DLineman literally on his back to the ground and then trucking a Dolphin LB for another 4 yards on the same scramble was probably equally badass. I mean, what QB does that??
[Reply]
Matter2003 09:48 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Don't underestimate Sneed. He might not be a Humphrey yet, but he is far better than you think he is.
He can't cover both Diggs and Beasley tho.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:49 PM 01-18-2021
If Spags has even a bit of sense to him he'll focus on shutting down what the Bills do best and that is throwing quick reads to Diggs. The Bills have other weapons in Davis and Beasley, but make them work for it.

On the flip side, the Chiefs didn't really focus on throwing the ball downfield last time and the Bills can't match the Chiefs in the speed and quickness department. Despite that fact, Mahomes was still surgical. I see Andy opening it up this time around.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:50 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They post the exact same shit, right down to the same stats, the same chances of the Bills winning, and in EXACTLY the same writing style.

If it's not the same person, they've got some serious bot shit going on.
Yeah, I noticed some of the early posts... and of course there's the whole Einstein and Matter thing, which is a bit sus.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:51 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Bills fans are absolutely PRAYING that Mahomes is concussed on their board.

It’s pathetic and disgusting.
It's all they have...they know they are doomed if Mahomes plays.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 92
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up