ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 92
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About the Bills (AFC Championship Edition)
cmh6476 05:11 PM 01-17-2021
They're pretty good
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:04 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Well, can you blame them?

They know basically their only chance to win is if Mahomes sits and Henne plays.

They want their pass to the Super Bowl, they don’t care how they get it.

Unfortunately for them, there have already been several times this year a player has been placed in concussion protocol one week and played the very next. The precedent has been set and done several times.

Sorry, Buffalo. You’re getting the Super Bowl MVP. You’re gonna have to really earn it.

I don’t blame them for not wanting Mahomes to play. I can see that either way for what you would want. But it’s the whole narrative being created that Mahomes playing would be a cheating conspiracy that is so odd and shows that victim complex others mentioned.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:05 PM 01-18-2021
:-)

[Reply]
Matter2003 09:06 PM 01-18-2021
Well, can you blame them?

They know basically their only chance to win is if Mahomes sits and Henne plays.

They want their pass to the Super Bowl, they don’t care how they get it.

Unfortunately for them, there have already been several times this year a player has been placed in concussion protocol one week and played the very next. The precedent has been set and done several times.

Sorry, Buffalo. You’re getting the Super Bowl MVP. You’re gonna have to really earn it.
I don't think that at all. I think we have a legit shot at winning this game.
I said in the other thread probably 60-40 favoring the Chiefs, but if we win it won't be some flukiness, we will have earned it.

538's model favors the Chiefs 52-48% and says the actual line should be Chiefs -0.5 points.

ESPN's FPI says with Mahomes the Chiefs win 61% of the time, which is pretty close to what I said. It's one game, anything can happen. Over a 7 game series I wouldn't like our chances. In a single game, I feel a little better.

Chiefs are the reigning champs but they are not infallible.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:06 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Matter2003:
For the conditions he played in I think Allen had a pretty good game overall. Buffalo is one of the windiest cities in the country, so when we say the wind was bad, it's pretty bad. More so than that, the winds swirl in the stadium due to how its designed so the direction of the wind can change from minute to minute.

If you want to bet on him having another game like that I think you might be disappointed. I expect him to play one of his best games of the year. Allen actually is a slightly better road QB than home QB.
Bummer for you all that he’ll be playing maybe his whole career in Buffalo, when apparently weather is such an issue for him. First the Kansas City game and now last week. You’d think Buffalo might have considered drafting a QB that was a little less affected by weather conditions.

I guess we can’t all have a Mahomes who balls out in blizzard like conditions.

Hopefully for you all there will be good weather come Sunday. Fingers crossed.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:07 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I haven't seen anything from the Bills that gives me concerns on Sunday. Josh Allen obviously is a better QB than Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson or Phyllis Rivers. He can burn you with both his arm & legs. I still think he plays on a sugar high a lot of the time & I fully expect that to happen on Sunday playing on the road for the Super Bowl. This is the biggest game of his life & I'm sure his nerves will be on edge.

If Mahomes & CEH plays, I expect a game much like the earlier game except I expect the Bills to play the run better which will open up the passing game. The Bills are in a no win position in trying to defend the Chiefs. They can't fully concentrate on either the run or pass. The Bills have no running game except when Allen takes off. Cover Diggs & they have nothing. Spags will gameplan Allen & hold them to less than 20pts & we all know the Bills aren't holding the Chiefs to less than 20pts.

Bring on the Packers!
Heading into the playoffs, I thought the Chiefs' biggest threats to repeat were in the NFC (and I think that's still true), but did buy into some of the Bills' hype because teams need to be able to outscore Mahomes... and that of course rules out the Lamar Jackson as well as the Browns' lack of defense, and probably the Titans, etc.

They haven't done anything to change my mind, and if anything I'm probably a bit over confident at this point. I expected them to come down to earth a bit, as the playoffs are just at a different level, but I am wondering about the nerves and potentially what kinds of chances will be taken in order to score as much as possible (a 4th a 3 at midfield, a fake punt, going for two in a situation that makes the Colts wonder WTF they're doing, etc.).

I've thought all of these teams are still a year or two of playoff experience away and perhaps the Bills are the closest to where the Chiefs were in 2018.

You have to be able to outscore the Chiefs, and maybe they can.... while pressuring Mahomes without a blitz.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:07 PM 01-18-2021
I said in the other thread probably 60-40 favoring the Chiefs, but if we win it won't be some flukiness, we will have earned it.

538's model favors the Chiefs 52-48% and says the actual line should be Chiefs -0.5 points.

ESPN's FPI says with Mahomes the Chiefs win 61% of the time, which is pretty close to what I said. It's one game, anything can happen. Over a 7 game series I wouldn't like our chances. In a single game, I feel a little better.

Not trying to be a douchebag or anything but I think the only team that can possibly beat us is GB.

If you guys had another offensive weapon or had a more balanced approach on offense then maybe. I just feel like Allen and Diggs simply won't be enough.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:09 PM 01-18-2021

Just for the record, 538 is currently assuming Henne is our QB. It oddly doesn't shift things a TON, but it does shift it to about your 60/40.
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:09 PM 01-18-2021
For the conditions he played in I think Allen had a pretty good game overall. Buffalo is one of the windiest cities in the country, so when we say the wind was bad, it's pretty bad. More so than that, the winds swirl in the stadium due to how its designed so the direction of the wind can change from minute to minute.

If you want to bet on him having another game like that I think you might be disappointed. I expect him to play one of his best games of the year. Allen actually is a slightly better road QB than home QB.
What do you attribute that to? The weather, the crowds? The buffalo wings vs the barbecue? Don't hold back. I want the truth.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:10 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Lots of Bills fans are obsessing over Mahomes right now. Not just about is he playing or not, but many seem to be setting it up that he can only play if the Chiefs cheat the system. They are really setting themselves up for the idea that they will have gotten screwed by the league when they lose.
Sounds like Chiefs fans before Mahomes.
[Reply]
Matter2003 09:11 PM 01-18-2021
Bummer for you all that he’ll be playing maybe his whole career in Buffalo, when apparently weather is such an issue for him. First the Kansas City game and now last week. You’d think Buffalo might have considered drafting a QB that was a little less affected by weather conditions.

Well, I guess we will see then. Allen will be just fine, we aren't worried about him.
[Reply]
Matter2003 09:12 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
What do you attribute that to? The weather, the crowds? The buffalo wings vs the barbecue? Don't hold back. I want the truth.
I think he plays more relaxed on the road.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:12 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't miss the "making excuses" phase of our Fandom.
Fucking the prom queen is so much better.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:13 PM 01-18-2021

I agree. If Mahomes plays (which is almost a certainty at this point) and you all DO win, you will absolutely have earned it.

And you are correct that the Chiefs are not infallible and ‘any given Sunday’ and all that, but they are the superior team with the superior QB so you can understand while we’re all noticeably very confident going into this game.

For the record, if the Bills pull off the miracle upset, I will absolutely root for you all in the Super Bowl. You all do deserve to finally win one. Losing 4 in a row must have been brutal. No fanbase deserves that. Well, maybe the Donkos or the Cowboys.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:13 PM 01-18-2021

You would have thought the Bills organization would have figured out they were drafting a pussy or not. It seems every little thing bothers him. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:14 PM 01-18-2021
And now Shitter2003 is back but ThaDix is gone again. :-)

He thinks we're stupid.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 92
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up