ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 46
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Glazer: Chiefs expect Mahomes to play in AFCCG
pugsnotdrugs19 09:10 PM 01-17-2021
Just now on FOX postgame.

Said the reason he was real woozy getting up was they thought he got choked out to some extent by the LB..

But sounded very confident he was going to be good for this week. Also said Mahomes was trying to go back into the game today.
[Reply]
loochy 01:39 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Right after Mahomes went down then wobbled up my friend from the USAF special forces texted me: "Don't think it's a concussion. Sharp blow to the side of the neck causes unconsciousness by shock to the carotid artery, jugular vein, and Vagus nerve."

Not a "choke out."

Fun fact: you don't "choke" the carotid. You strangle it. So, anyone banning "carotid choke holds" are banning something that doesn't exist.

From what I saw, this has to be it. A concussion just doesn't make sense.

What kind of long term impacts could he face from this, if any?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:49 PM 01-18-2021
The same long term impacts you would face if you placed both hands around your neck, squeezed tightly, and caused yourself to pass out.

Stupid, yes, but nothing really in terms of long term impact. Unless you decide to start making it a regular hobby.

(Yes, I may have done this once when I was younger)
[Reply]
dmahurin 01:56 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:

Nothing really, I've taken a few pretty close to 100% hits as well as hundreds of 20-25% blows doing tactics training over a 10 year period of doing armed security. Its an instant leg wobbling, eye rattling experience. You're fine shortly afterwards. He may have some soreness and stiffness associated with just getting hit, slammed, dragged(whatever combination caused it).
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:01 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:

None. When I was a kid I practiced judo from the time I was 4 to 26 years old. Started learning 'choke holds' at about 15? Had them practiced on me a few times a month by my sensei or my brother for over a decade for demo purposes, at least. So at a minimum, maybe 200 times in 12 years?

The only way you can cause a real injury would be to hold the choke for an excessive period of time. Like a minute or more.

In practice, as soon as the person exhibits the classic loss of consciousness response, i.e., fluttering of eyelids, loss of control of extremities, etc., you release the choke and begin resuscitation procedure. Properly executed a carotid choke should take no more than 5 seconds. Revival can take up to or more than one minute. In that period, you see basically what Mahomes went through when he tried to get up. Loss of equilibrium, loss of control of extremities, slack-jaw, 1000-yd stare, etc.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 02:04 PM 01-18-2021
Call me a homer, but with Henne I'd still have the Bills as only maybe 3 point favorites. Versus SD 23-32 218 2 TD 0 INT without the starters. Yesterday 6-8 66. Just has to feed our weapons. After watching Allen in big games still not sold.

Mahomes almost sure to play and will be fun to watch. But seeing Henne beat Allen would be so sweet as well.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 02:13 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Call me a homer, but with Henne I'd still have the Bills as only maybe 3 point favorites. Versus SD 23-32 218 2 TD 0 INT without the starters. Yesterday 6-8 66. Just has to feed our weapons. After watching Allen in big games still not sold.

Mahomes almost sure to play and will be fun to watch. But seeing Henne beat Allen would be so sweet as well.
yea i dont think henne is beating the bills....but dont worry mahomes will play. i would be more worried about his toe going forward it really looked like it was bothering him.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:16 PM 01-18-2021
I have no interest in see Henne "try to get us to the Superbowl"

Get on your knees and pray Patrick will play, we all know how the other scenarios go.
[Reply]
alanm 02:19 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I have no interest in see Henne "try to get us to the Superbowl"

Get on your knees and pray Patrick will play, we all know how the other scenarios go.
I don't think anyone needs worry. Pat's gonna play.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:28 PM 01-18-2021
The Bills don't have a running game, so the Chiefs will need to cover Diggs with Sneed, who wasn't available during their first matchup this season, and provide some over-the-top help from Matheiu, Sorenson or Thorhill, then force Allen to beat them.

Reid schemed up the offense for Moore last year, who outright beat the Vikings and nearly beat the Packers. Henne's been with the Chiefs for 3 full seasons and most assuredly has command of the offense but would definitely benefit from some more reps this week.

That said, Mahomes will be the starter.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 02:45 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Bills don't have a running game, so the Chiefs will need to cover Diggs with Sneed, who wasn't available during their first matchup this season, and provide some over-the-top help from Matheiu, Sorenson or Thorhill, then force Allen to beat them.

Reid schemed up the offense for Moore last year, who outright beat the Vikings and nearly beat the Packers. Henne's been with the Chiefs for 3 full seasons and most assuredly has command of the offense but would definitely benefit from some more reps this week.

That said, Mahomes will be the starter.
This is the way.

It’s no surprise the Browns were largely ineffective on the ground and Landry ended up with 20 yards while the TEs accounted for half the passing yardage. We’re going to do the same thing to Buffalo that we did to the Browns (and did to the Bills earlier this season): Double Diggs and play three Safeties to shut down the pass while playing man on everyone else. They’ll give up some plays but they won’t get gashed by the big play (and will likely get a pick or two).

Mahomes plays and we don’t have much of a worry.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:49 PM 01-18-2021
This is gonna be a long ass week of hitting refresh, waiting on some Mahomes news.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:57 PM 01-18-2021
I’m optimistic he will play but I’m worried about the toe - it could be tough to throw if he’s dealing with turf toe
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:09 PM 01-18-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I’m optimistic he will play but I’m worried about the toe - it could be tough to throw if he’s dealing with turf toe
he was off on his targets when throwing on the run after the toe thing happened. he was on target when standing in the pocket and delivering the ball.

He can learn to throw the ball a lot better with turf toe this week. Won’t be until next year before his toe returns to normal.

Won’t be normal but we will survive.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 03:10 PM 01-18-2021
Yesterday was also further confirmation that Andy made 100% the right decision to rest his starters in week 17.

The Chiefs had no rust and Mahomes' injury shows how one fluke play can happen.

Imagine that happening in week 17 if Mahomes had played in the first quarter to get the ambiguous "positive momentum for the playoffs" that some here were clamoring for.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:14 PM 01-18-2021

A source has told me

“Patrick passed all of his tests last night. He didn’t actually hit his head, there was a nerve in his neck that got tweaked that made him out of it. He’s getting testing done on his neck/nerve today but did clear all tests last night.” @610SportsKC

— Carrington Harrison (@cdotharrison) January 18, 2021

No clue who this person is but they have a blue check mark thing...
[Reply]
Page 10 of 46
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up