ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is the Saints 2 QB offense the future?
RunKC 05:36 PM 04-27-2020
Very interesting pod today from our guy Terez Paylor. He mentioned specifically that everything he heard has banked on the 2 QB system being used and will be the next big thing. Terez even went as far as to say that football today could be viewed like the 80’s in 10 years with this type of new innovation that will create tons of new packages for offenses.

He actually makes it sound like every team will be getting one in the near future like the Eagles just did with Jalen Hurts.

The premise here is having that extra QB to be your Taysom Hill and put tons of stress on defenses by having him be a runner and efficient passer.

Sounds pretty interesting, but I would like the ball to be in Mr. Mahomes caring hands. I do admit I would love for Andy to put a few package plays in our playbook with John Lovett running this type of stuff.

Not a consistent thing obviously. But I’d love to see Andy trying it out
[Reply]
CrazyPhuD 06:42 PM 04-27-2020
We could sign Alex Smith once he’s finally cut. :-)
[Reply]
MightyMouse 06:50 PM 04-27-2020
Sometimes people just overthink things. It’s fun for coordinators to come up with new things so they love the idea but realistically it’s pretty stupid.
-if you have a MVP QB why take the ball out of his hands? I’ll take Mahomes every play please.
-not enough talented people like this for it to be some catchy trend.
- what has Hill ever gotten the Saints? They have Brees. They can’t with out sprinkling in a little Hill? Did Hill lead them to some super bowl I’m not aware of? 10mil a year for some gadget plays and he can play some special teams, great!

He seriously is the most overrated player I can remember.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:51 PM 04-27-2020
Pittsburgh did this 25 years ago with Kordell Stewart as a gadget back-up QB... it’s not exactly a new concept.
[Reply]
Hoover 06:59 PM 04-27-2020
I think drafting a decent backup just makes sense economically.

I mean some back up qbs make too much. Look at what we have paid Henne. Now I don’t want to invest a 2nd or 3rd in a backup QB but in the right situation I’d be all for getting a QB in here to backup Mahomes on a rookie contract
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:03 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:

I mean some back up qbs make too much. Look at what we have paid Henne. Now I don’t want to invest a 2nd or 3rd in a backup QB but in the right situation I’d be all for getting a QB in here to backup Mahomes on a rookie contract
Straight up.

The Bills drafted Frank Reich in the third round and he backed up Jim Kelly for 9 seasons and 4 Super Bowl appearances, one of which definitely wouldnt have happened without Reich's still-largest comeback in playoff history.

Fairly successful. Obviously was an asset in the QB room, considering how successful of a coach he's been already.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:06 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:

Or you could just convince a veteran QB to come out of semi-retirement like the Chiefs did with Matt Moore last year.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:09 PM 04-27-2020
Even 2 QB fantasy leagues suck.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:10 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Even 2 QB fantasy leagues suck.
Truth.
[Reply]
eDave 07:12 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
No. If you have 2QBs you really have none.
This right here. Who's even entertaining this idea?
Good luck with THAT.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 07:12 PM 04-27-2020
The Rams used Bob Waterfield and Norm Van Brocklin in the 50's.

In 1951 both passed for over 1500 yards, both had 13td'. Both were making pro bowl teams, this was more about having two equal QB's than a passer and a runner however.

In Partrick Mahomes we have a once in a generation QB, you don't mess around trying to get cute with anything, you leave this stud alone,

Here's a first....

1950 and 1951 both Waterfield and Van Brocklin in the pro bowl.
[Reply]
sedated 07:29 PM 04-27-2020
Personel and misdirection can work, but every snap that you are taking passes away from your starting QB to give them to someone less talented at throwing the ball, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:33 PM 04-27-2020
The saints have a QB and a half not 2 QB

It might be neat to have 2 people who can lateral and throw it deep but it's a gimmick that will get run eventually like the wildcat or whatever
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:34 PM 04-27-2020
Tom Brady could be the first starting QB to be the 5th best in his division of 4 teams. Kind of crazy to think about.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:45 PM 04-27-2020
Interesting in theory and fun for gadgets, but a dynamic offense of the future... dunno about all that.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 07:49 PM 04-27-2020
Stick this guy in the slot at Mami, give him 6-8 might pass plays a game meaning the D is thinking....pass?

It could work there just not with us.

55% comp% last season, so....???
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up