ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>American Gods (STARZ)
unlurking 07:22 AM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
vailpass 06:28 PM 01-10-2021
Season 3 started today. They replaced one of my favorite characters, Mr. World, played by Crispin Glover. Now, it’s Ms. World, played by a black woman.

I’m out.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:58 AM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Season 3 started today. They replaced one of my favorite characters, Mr. World, played by Crispin Glover. Now, it’s Ms. World, played by a black woman.

I’m out.
I DGAF about that. What bothered me is that aside from a couple sequences, the overall show was no where near the quality we should expect.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:16 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I DGAF about that. What bothered me is that aside from a couple sequences, the overall show was no where near the quality we should expect.
The show was horrible. I do however care about changing fundamental characters due to social justice motivations instead of what's best for the story.

Mr. World is Mr. World. Glover nailed it. All of a sudden he was a she. And she is terrible in the role.

Next.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:33 PM 01-11-2021
The show was horrible. I do however care about changing fundamental characters due to social justice motivations instead of what's best for the story.

Mr. World is Mr. World. Glover nailed it. All of a sudden he was a she. And she is terrible in the role.

Next.
I'll watch the next couple at least. Ian McShane deserves at least that much for how well he's done with his role.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:59 PM 01-11-2021

Next.
I thought she did alright and she was kinda smoking. Much hotter than Crispin Glover.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:00 PM 01-11-2021
I'll watch the next couple at least. Ian McShane deserves at least that much for how well he's done with his role.
Agreed, maybe it will pick up steam.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:01 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
I thought she did alright and she was kinda smoking. Much hotter than Crispin Glover.

[Reply]
unlurking 02:27 PM 01-11-2021
I forgot about this show after season 1!

From what I'm seeing Crispin Glover is playing a different role in season 3? No idea who/why (trying to avoid spoilers) so I'm wondering if it was his decision to no longer play Mr. World? If they decided to drop him, why would they have him back in another role?

EDIT: Apparently Danny Trejo will also be playing Mr. World this season. I'm guessing this wasn't a SJW decision. Whether it's a good decision I have no idea, I have to add season 2 to my queue!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:14 PM 01-11-2021
No idea what they're going for rotating through multiple Mr. Worlds. Having two specific actors / personas portray Mr. World seems like a direct foreshadow to a concept that book readers already know..
[Reply]
vailpass 08:18 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
No idea what they're going for rotating through multiple Mr. Worlds. Having two specific actors / personas portray Mr. World seems like a direct foreshadow to a concept that book readers already know..
I read it a few years ago. What concept?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:49 AM 01-12-2021
She is hot. Not sure that is debatable.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:45 AM 01-12-2021
You can never have enough Crispin Glover weirdness. This should tide over anyone going through withdrawals:

[Reply]
vailpass 02:28 PM 01-12-2021
She is hot. Not sure that is debatable.
That wasn't what I was referring to. But the fact you think she is hot is definitely debatable. Her face looks like something out of a wax museum or a cave man show.

[Reply]
vailpass 02:28 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
You can never have enough Crispin Glover weirdness. This should tide over anyone going through withdrawals:

Hah yes!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:42 PM 01-12-2021
I read it a few years ago. What concept?
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up