ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 173
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
58-4ever 03:01 PM 07-15-2015
5-whenever BTW.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:59 PM 07-15-2015
I would totally join Ed for a drink.
[Reply]
Predarat 05:07 PM 07-15-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Here are some more Danish women, one of whom I know and why I love going over there so much!
Damn they are even hot when doing the duckface. Can't say that about all women.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:47 PM 07-15-2015
Here are some more Danish women, one of whom I know and why I love going over there so much!
Yowza, what a bunch of fair and healthy looking Valkyries you have over there.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:42 AM 07-19-2015
My people do have some gorgeous babes, but then the guys tend to be a bit funny looking, like me!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:41 PM 07-21-2015
My doctor visit went very well today. I am not getting chemo again until after my surgery. I was talking with the doc and said I had not had a brew for about a month after I got back from Denmark and she asked if I was having withdrawals! *groan* Nooooo, I am not. I drink a ton of beer over there and it averages out to about 1 or 2 bottles per week over a year. I did find out she likes to go to the same Barley's I do, so now I will have to be on the lookout to duck and hide whenever I go there if I spot her!

I told Eli when he was taking my vitals that the last storm knocked a huge branch down from a hedge tree in the back pasture, so I will have to take the chainsaw to it and I asked him not to tell Doc Baranda, but he ratted me out anyway. She fussed at me again. I assured her that if I got cut with the chainsaw, blood thinners or not, it would be carnage. I told her I wear gloves and a helmet with a visor, so I would be fine, but she is worried anyway. City folk just don't understand! :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 04:18 PM 07-21-2015
This is killing me... a friend on FB from over there is friends with the girls in this photo, taken before Karneval. If I could turn 20 years younger, I'd go right back over there and ravish the countryside!
Attached: DanishHotties.jpg (67.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:04 PM 07-21-2015
My doctor visit went very well today. I am not getting chemo again until after my surgery. I was talking with the doc and said I had not had a brew for about a month after I got back from Denmark and she asked if I was having withdrawals! *groan* Nooooo, I am not. I drink a ton of beer over there and it averages out to about 1 or 2 bottles per week over a year. I did find out she likes to go to the same Barley's I do, so now I will have to be on the lookout to duck and hide whenever I go there if I spot her!

I told Eli when he was taking my vitals that the last storm knocked a huge branch down from a hedge tree in the back pasture, so I will have to take the chainsaw to it and I asked him not to tell Doc Baranda, but he ratted me out anyway. She fussed at me again. I assured her that if I got cut with the chainsaw, blood thinners or not, it would be carnage. I told her I wear gloves and a helmet with a visor, so I would be fine, but she is worried anyway. City folk just don't understand! :-)
I'm glad you're getting a break from chemo, though I suppose surgery is hardly a consolation prize.
Eh, just keep living man. Do your thing.

As to the pic you shared, I will be planning my next Euro vacation to the North for sure! Wowza.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:47 AM 07-23-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
I'm glad you're getting a break from chemo, though I suppose surgery is hardly a consolation prize.
Eh, just keep living man. Do your thing.

As to the pic you shared, I will be planning my next Euro vacation to the North for sure! Wowza.
I suggest Aalborg, Denmark and if you visit the Harp, there are so many girls to see since it is at the intersection of two main walking streets. I must have fallen in love looking out the window about 11 or 12 times before my lunch was served!
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:30 AM 07-23-2015
Keep fighting, Ed!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:01 PM 07-23-2015
I suggest Aalborg, Denmark and if you visit the Harp, there are so many girls to see since it is at the intersection of two main walking streets. I must have fallen in love looking out the window about 11 or 12 times before my lunch was served!
Girl-watching in Europe is a whole different ball game, ain't it? :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:13 AM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
Girl-watching in Europe is a whole different ball game, ain't it? :-)
Yes it is indeed! And some of the girls over there, I was not quite sure if they were wearing skirts or belts! Whatever they had on didn't have a whole lot of material. :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:18 AM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop:
Keep fighting, Ed!
I am and thanks for the support. I'm trying to get my strength and courage up for my surgery on August 12th.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 12:13 PM 07-24-2015
Ed, given your remarkable attitude, I doubt that surgery sets you back one whit. Heck, you'll probably be chainsawing something a couple of days afterwards! Keep kickin' butt!!!
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:36 PM 07-24-2015
Ed,
What is your blood type? Would it help if some of us donate blood ear-marked for you?
[Reply]
Page 35 of 173
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Up