ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 386
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:03 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Waaa! Where's all that coming from?
I missed you /sad face
[Reply]
Hawk 04:04 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We've already seen him second guessing Danny after they destroyed the Lannister army. We know that he's on speaking terms with Cersi now. We know how deeply he cares for his brother. We also don't know what was communicated between he and Cersi.

You'd think that Jon ****ing Daenerys would be welcomed as that would unite the North with Daenerys. That would also spell great trouble to Cersei.

So why the long face if it's in the interests of Jon/Daenerys? Could it be because of the repercussions it'd have on Cersei?
There is no frickin way Tyrion betrayed Dany for Cersei. None. If the writers take it that direction, they should be publicly flogged. That is sooooo far removed from Tyrion's character, plus it would make no sense for Cersei to trust him with her plans either. That would be assinine writing.

The dark look by Tyrion was meant solely to drum up off season drama and debate about what it means. D&D love doing that kind of crap.

But at the end of the day, it can only be either jealousy (unlikely), or a legit concern that Jon's influence over Dany will reduce his role. Throughout the season, Tyrion screwed up a lot and Dany started asking Jon for advice and then following it while often arguing with Tyrion and not heeding his advice. Now Dany is in bed with Jon, and Tyrion knows that if Dany had followed his advice to do nothing, Jon would be dead. Dany will remember that. Things are not going well for Tyrion in his role as Hand, and Jon and Dany hooking up will only make it worse. If they marry, they only need one hand, and Davos will be the guy, not Tyrion.

Plus he may have some concern about the Queen hooking up with a bastard, even if he is King of the North. Not a good look for the Queen of Westeros to be with a bastard. Of course Tyrion doesn't know Jon is legit.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:05 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I missed you /sad face
LOL!
[Reply]
DaFace 06:21 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Ok, need another explanation in crayon please...

Can someone explain why the internets think Bran = Night King?

I'm just an idiot who hasn't read the books, but it makes no fucking sense. If Bran is the NK, why the fuck is he trying to destroy human civilization?
Not sure crayon will cover that one - it's a pretty complex theory. This article is probably a better explanation than I could come up with.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ight-King.html

I think it's a pretty big stretch, but who knows?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:48 PM 08-30-2017

I'm just an idiot who hasn't read the books, but it makes no fucking sense. If Bran is the NK, why the fuck is he trying to destroy human civilization?
its not a popular theory. But, in crayon, cliff notes, their theory is that the NK and the Zombies were created to unite the humans.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:06 PM 08-30-2017

Bran is everyone. Like, literally everyone. None of this shit has really happened, it's him being tested by the original Three Eyed Raven to see if he can handle the sheer volume of info and decipher it all to become the next Three Eyed Raven. It's like a holodeck simulation, or a Newhart nightmare. One of the two.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:23 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
its not a popular theory. But, in crayon, cliff notes, their theory is that the NK and the Zombies were created to unite the humans.
No it was not to unite them. It has to do with:

The Back History of Game of Thrones - Westoros

Children of the Forest created the White Walkers—from men—to fight the First Men for them.

http://nerdist.com/history-of-throne...white-walkers/

Remember the scene where they showed the Children of the Forest putting a dragon glass dagger into a human. Iirc, it was the Night King being created.

Iirc, the White Walkers then became a problem for the Children of the Forest as an unintended consequence of their act.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:27 PM 08-30-2017
I can't stand her looks. Mainly because of her pig snout. Never found her attractive. Felt the same about her in the Tudors as Anne Boleyn. But Anne Boleyn wasn't considered a great beauty either so it was the right casting. JMO

Some shots of her make her look better though. It just depends.
She has an asymmetrical face and that is not generally considered to be classically beautiful. I think she hot though. Stroke face and all.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:38 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by Hawk:
There is no frickin way Tyrion betrayed Dany for Cersei. None. If the writers take it that direction, they should be publicly flogged. That is sooooo far removed from Tyrion's character, plus it would make no sense for Cersei to trust him with her plans either. That would be assinine writing.

The dark look by Tyrion was meant solely to drum up off season drama and debate about what it means. D&D love doing that kind of crap.

But at the end of the day, it can only be either jealousy (unlikely), or a legit concern that Jon's influence over Dany will reduce his role. Throughout the season, Tyrion screwed up a lot and Dany started asking Jon for advice and then following it while often arguing with Tyrion and not heeding his advice. Now Dany is in bed with Jon, and Tyrion knows that if Dany had followed his advice to do nothing, Jon would be dead. Dany will remember that. Things are not going well for Tyrion in his role as Hand, and Jon and Dany hooking up will only make it worse. If they marry, they only need one hand, and Davos will be the guy, not Tyrion.

Plus he may have some concern about the Queen hooking up with a bastard, even if he is King of the North. Not a good look for the Queen of Westeros to be with a bastard. Of course Tyrion doesn't know Jon is legit.
Also possible concern for Jon taking over as Hand?

Or maybe he realized he left his fidget spinner in Dany's cabin, and it would be awkward to retrieve it now.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:39 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
She has an asymmetrical face and that is not generally considered to be classically beautiful. I think she hot though. Stroke face and all.
Each to their own when it comes to beauty. Never noticed if her face was asymetrical. She has a great figure if a bit flat chested. I still think she has a Ms. Piggy face.

I think Van Houten, Turner and Heady are the hottest in the series—in that order. The daughter from Dorne in the cell with the mother is also much prettier.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:39 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Or maybe he realized he left his fidget spinner in Dany's cabin, and it would be awkward to retrieve it now.
:-)

I can't believe anyone buys those things.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:15 PM 08-30-2017
Each to their own when it comes to beauty. Never noticed if her face was asymetrical. She has a great figure if a bit flat chested. I still think she has a Ms. Piggy face.

I think Van Houten, Turner and Heady are the hottest in the series—in that order. The daughter from Dorne in the cell with the mother is also much prettier.
There is something about Headey that I just don't like. I can't put my finger on it but, even though there is nothing unattractive about her and she has a decent body, I just look at her and think "meh." I think Von Houten is underrated. I thought she was much older than she actually is. I've seen pics of her out of GoT character and she's ridiculously beautiful.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:20 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Also possible concern for Jon taking over as Hand?

Once Dany realizes who Jon is, she will have no choice but to bend the knee to him.

At least she should be used to it by then. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:39 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
There is something about Headey that I just don't like. I can't put my finger on it but, even though there is nothing unattractive about her and she has a decent body, I just look at her and think "meh."
Her evilness?

She's also pretty flat-chested. So when I saw her walk of shame naked through King's Landing, I had to look up how it was shot. Sure enough, it was a body double with her head put on that body. She just doesn't have that much on top to be same person.

Originally Posted by :
I think Von Houten is underrated. I thought she was much older than she actually is. I've seen pics of her out of GoT character and she's ridiculously beautiful.
Definitely beautiful imo too. More so than as the Red Priestess.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:02 PM 08-30-2017
Yeah, Van Houten is other worldly hot as well.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 386
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Up