« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Prince
siberian khatru 10:57 AM 04-21-2016
http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-dead-at-57/

Updated link: http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...nce-dead-at-57
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:19 PM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
My guess is that he chose not to have a Will because he fathered so many children that were unknown to him that wouldn't be eligible to make a claim towards his estate.

Not having a Will allows those that he fathered to a piece of his income, which will generate revenues for decades, if not a century.
Not trying to be dense, but I'm not sure I follow...

A will would've prevented these supposed kids from getting an inheritance?

You're saying those kids have a shot at a piece of his estate through DNA testing, which would prove they're his kids and the law could divvy it up to them how it sees fit?
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:22 PM 06-03-2016
He didn't have a will because he was a Jehovah's Witness. They are some truly strange fucking people.
[Reply]
cdcox 05:36 PM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
You seriously think that doctor was trying to get you hooked? I'm very skeptical.
What they are trying to do does not equal what they are doing.
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 05:41 PM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
He didn't have a will because he was a Jehovah's Witness. They are some truly strange fucking people.
Being a JW has absolutely nothing to do with having, or not having a will. No where is it encouraged, or discouraged, or discussed in any circumstance.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:47 PM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Not trying to be dense, but I'm not sure I follow...

A will would've prevented these supposed kids from getting an inheritance?

You're saying those kids have a shot at a piece of his estate through DNA testing, which would prove they're his kids and the law could divvy it up to them how it sees fit?
If he had a Will, the money would have gone to specific people or donated to specific charities, etc.

It would have been difficult, if not impossible, for people to claim inheritance based on being related to him.

Without a will, people not previously identified as heirs can challenge for a piece of his estate.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:48 PM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by LiL stumppy:
Being a JW has absolutely nothing to do with having, or not having a will. No where is it encouraged, or discouraged, or discussed in any circumstance.
Yeah, I have close relatives that are JW... some very odd customs no doubt, but I dont think having a will is among them
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 05:51 PM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yeah, I have close relatives that are JW... some very odd customs no doubt, but I dont think having a will is among them
I have family that are, and family that are not JW's. Outside of not celebrating holidays (what many people view as weird,) my family that are JW's are some of the most fun, happy, respectful people I know. I don't know if I agree with odd customs coment TBH (my personal opinion), they simply read the bible and try and live their lives by it.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:05 PM 06-03-2016
I have family that are, and family that are not JW's. Outside of not celebrating holidays (what many people view as weird,) my family that are JW's are some of the most fun, happy, respectful people I know. I don't know if I agree with odd customs coment TBH (my personal opinion), they simply read the bible and try and live their lives by it.
They're fucking weird pieces of shit that knock on my door on Saturday mornings. They can take their stupid Watchtower and wipe their asses with it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:25 PM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If he had a Will, the money would have gone to specific people or donated to specific charities, etc.

It would have been difficult, if not impossible, for people to claim inheritance based on being related to him.

Without a will, people not previously identified as heirs can challenge for a piece of his estate.
You would think there would be atleast a few very close people and organizations he would want to leave much of it to... it now sounds like a complete mess IMO

I hear you, my relatives are also rock solid, down to earth, fun and respectful people. Their faith has been a blessing to them in many, many ways... love them to death

Its just that I've always felt strongly that God doesnt care if you have a birthday party, or get together with other family on what non-JW call Christmas. Even though its true Christmas is a bastardized holiday, its still just about the only time of year you can guarantee that everyone will atleast try to get together

Only JW will go to Heaven, all other so called Christian faiths are basically apostates, even if they're sometimes well meaning... that one always gave me a hairlip, though they've stopped saying that for the last many years

Its a long story, my dearest Great Grandmother (same side as living family) was a highly devout Jehovas Witness
[Reply]
patteeu 07:49 PM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by cdcox:
What they are trying to do does not equal what they are doing.
Ok, maybe we're not as far from each other as it seems then.

I don't have any desire to see people develop addictions to pain meds because I can see how much it can fuck up lives. But if I have to take a chance that one more person will become addicted in order to relieve one more person's pain, I'll err on the side of relieving the pain.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:28 PM 06-03-2016
Ok, maybe we're not as far from each other as it seems then.

I don't have any desire to see people develop addictions to pain meds because I can see how much it can **** up lives. But if I have to take a chance that one more person will become addicted in order to relieve one more person's pain, I'll err on the side of relieving the pain.
Often times you are talking about the same person. Doctors relieve short term pain for someone that leads to years of addiction for them and/or their death. How many weeks of pain relief justifies a death?
[Reply]
patteeu 10:37 PM 06-03-2016
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Often times you are talking about the same person. Doctors relieve short term pain for someone that leads to years of addiction for them and/or their death. How many weeks of pain relief justifies a death?
All of them, IMO. Find another way to prevent those deaths than asking those in real pain to grin and bear it.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:33 AM 06-04-2016
All of them, IMO. Find another way to prevent those deaths than asking those in real pain to grin and bear it.
Medical marijuana. It really does wonders with much less of an addiction problem.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:03 AM 06-04-2016
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Medical marijuana. It really does wonders with much less of an addiction problem.
Marijuana does some great things medicinally, but it doesn't relieve pain nearly as well as opiates. It's not even close.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:11 AM 06-04-2016
Marijuana does some great things medicinally, but it doesn't relieve pain nearly as well as opiates. It's not even close.
You're both correct and incorrect. It doesn't relieve the pain, but it makes you care about the pain far less.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 34
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up