Page 53 of 68
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
staylor26 01:51 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Watson has made $40.85 million from the Texans. And he’s only 25. The guy could retire, sit out this year and get a similar contract to what he got from the Texans in March of 2022.

Teams would be flooding his agent with calls to give him that much money :-)

In fact, it would be better for him. He got a $27 million signing bonus on his current contract. He’d easily get that again from his new team.
You still don’t understand how retirement works.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:53 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why is this guy speaking at a church? Isn't there some vetting process? I mean, I get working for the Texans, but getting a set at a church?
He's a prosperity pastor. Hyper grace.

The NFL is actually his 2nd job, so to speak.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 01:56 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Texans are going to trade Watson. They just are.

Yeah they’re a terribly run franchise but even they know that Watson is not answering their calls bc he’s done. They know that if they try to keep him around and make this worse, he’ll tell them to **** off and submit his retirement papers.

Then they lose Watson and get nothing.

He’ll be traded and I think it will be sometime later in the off-season.
I actually agree with this. Watson has more leverage here than people think, so long as he sticks to his guns.

The Texans look like fools here already and they’ll only look worse the longer they sit on him. At some point they’ll have to cave.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:57 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t think you understand the difference between a team with significant extra draft capital like the Jets/Dolphins and the Broncos. Not to mention a top 3 pick this year.

The Jets and Dolphins can give up a ridiculous haul while not sacrificing their future.

They have more to offer. This is very simple.
My bad, thanks for the education...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:31 PM 02-16-2021
Apparently Carolina is willing to do about whatever it takes to trade for Watson.

That would be perfect honestly. Get him over to the NFC. I don’t hate the Panthers either.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:40 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Apparently Carolina is willing to do about whatever it takes to trade for Watson.

That would be perfect honestly. Get him over to the NFC. I don’t hate the Panthers either.
I’m not sure it’s high enough to get the Texans a QB at #8 but they’d get Bridgewater to hold them over and it’s not like their team is good enough that they won’t be picking high again.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:41 PM 02-16-2021
Wouldn't hate seeing him in Carolina.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:42 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m not sure it’s high enough to get the Texans a QB at #8 but they’d get Bridgewater to hold them over and it’s not like their team is good enough that they won’t be picking high again.
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Wouldn't hate seeing him in Carolina.
It’s perfect. They’d have to trade just enough that it would hurt them in the short term too from building a great team.

If he becomes a Panther, they are damn close to the best in the conference.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:51 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I don't think they will. I think they're that delusional.
Clear as day that Jack is running the show even though they say he's not. Pastor Jack is a control freak. Caserio is repeating the same robotic lines about culture culture culture. You must be crazy if you think they'll have any tolerance whatsoever for anyone who isn't bought in to this cult. Or the distraction of a guy like Watson who has the audacity to speak out against it. Every day Watson sits out is mocking Easterby.

Watson will be traded. Houston will have a market and will pretend they did it because the trade offer was too good to refuse. And then Caserio and Jack will happily sink that team by doing things the same damn exact way every other patriot blowhard does.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:06 PM 02-16-2021
Yea the report is they’d be willing to trade 3 1st round picks and McCaffrey.

If I’m the Texans, I tell them to include this years 2nd and take that deal.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:32 PM 02-16-2021
Yea the report is they’d be willing to trade 3 1st round picks and McCaffrey.

If I’m the Texans, I tell them to include this years 2nd and take that deal.
Man, that's a LOT.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:32 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
It’s perfect. They’d have to trade just enough that it would hurt them in the short term too from building a great team.

If he becomes a Panther, they are damn close to the best in the conference.
Makes sense for both teams. Houston gets some draft capital and a superstar player to sell tickets and Carolina gets a 1st tier QB. Losing CMC is somewhat offset with Mike Davis.

I'd be fine seeing Watson in the NFC. Texans won't be doing much with cmc and Teddy.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:34 PM 02-16-2021
And you bet your ass the Texans, as dumb as they are, would prefer to keep Watson out of the AFC.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:41 PM 02-16-2021
And you bet your ass the Texans, as dumb as they are, would prefer to keep Watson out of the AFC.
Agreed. It'd be a worse look to have to face him more often (and, likely, lose).
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:21 PM 02-16-2021
Twitter makes DeBerg threads look like Faulkner, or Hemingway, or Cheever.

Based on his recent performance in the superbowl I'd take deshaun watson over Patrick mahomes. You can't be satisfied with just getting to the superbowl. You actually at some point try to win the damn game. Mahomes acted like he was on vacation.

— shawne hutchison (@HutchisonShawne) February 16, 2021

[Reply]
Page 53 of 68
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Up