ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 57
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

Coach 10:57 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Not singling you out with my responses, just feeding off of what is put out there...

At some point Kyle is going to have step in publicly and tell us what he ultimately decides for this place. I realize that gets a bit touchy because people have donated money to improve and keep the place running. Hell, I donated back in the day, it’s been on my mind to donate again, it’s just one thing after another keeps coming up (financially, nothing to do with this place). But, at the end of the day it is his baby and he is going to have to step in on this matter, publicly, he very well may have to the mod team in private but, if so, some public backing wouldn’t hurt them.

And I don’t view the mods as lost or with any kind of agenda (personal biases will always be a factor, it’s how you choose to handle them in your given roles), I just think an official position from the owner of the board would them, and everyone some good. Then we know. Then we can decide if we want to co to us to participate here or not (not a threat on my part, I’m speaking generally).
I also understand this point. I mean, it does cost money to run this board, that I do understand (remember we had server issues and such). I also understand the possible financial risk (if any) if he were to get rid of the DC, and if there were any posters there at DC, that did participate on the donations to improve and keep the place running.

I don't have any issues with the mods at all.

[sarcasm in good jest] Except for Da Face needs to fix his you know what or yelling at BAWAN!!!!! [/sarcasm in good jest]
stevieray 11:01 PM 10-08-2020
If you want to ban DC, you are going to have to ban almost all other news and topics other than football in this forum.
dirk digler 11:03 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
NinerDoug seems like a decent, thoughtful liberal who has learned to mix it up like a regular. I doubt that he’s a problem in the Lounge. He came here for an NFL reason and he made some friends so he stuck around. It’s a community thing. In fact, just the other day he offered to meet me for a beer if I ever make it out to Los Angeles where my daughter is in vet school.

Ok, fair enough. Thanks for the answers.
He seems like a decent guy and he doesn't cause trouble over here because he never posts over here. I just think it is odd, that's all.

When are you going to buy me a beer asshole? :-)
patteeu 11:06 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
He seems like a decent guy and he doesn't cause trouble over here because he never posts over here. I just think it is odd, that's all.

When are you going to buy me a beer asshole? :-)
I doubt we’ll get the chance, but I’d be happy to buy you a beer if we did.
srvy 11:11 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
If you want to ban DC, you are going to have to ban almost all other news and topics other than football in this forum.
This is a good point!
eDave 04:05 AM 10-09-2020
Been out tonight. What'd I miss?!
Easy 6 04:35 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I’m sorry, but that’s bullshit.

Letting 30-40 out of 10k rule the roost is ridiculous.
If you don't like DC, there's a very simple and effective way of avoiding it that doesn't include getting rid of it... all your idea is gonna get you is more politics spilling into the lounge
ChiliConCarnage 04:37 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Been out tonight. What'd I miss?!
There are 30 of us here and we can't get along.

If I understood correctly, we have to vote to either ban DC or choose 5 members that post only in DC to be the new mod team.

I'm sure Rainman is crafting a new poll for it. Imma choose the Gaz option
eDave 04:44 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:

If I understood correctly, we have to vote to either ban DC or choose 5 members that post only in DC to be the new mod team.

I suggest shutting DC down until after the election. It's out of control, lacks usefulness, and is of no benefit to anyone. A large proportion of CP negativities are rooted there.

Hell, if the Royals can get their own forum, why not DC. Nutjob Planet, or something.
ChiefsCountry 06:04 AM 10-09-2020
Unfortunately all of the major sport leagues and the media outlets that cover them have pumped politics into sports. Then when those views are opposite politically of the majority of the six states that comprise the main Chiefs fan base you are going to have some friction. Throw in the normal election year bullshit, you going to have some carry over. Then top it all off with COVID bullshit. That basically follows the same political lines which your views of it are.

Those 3 factors are what you are seeing at play. It's basically current climate of the year.
BigRedChief 06:11 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:

I gave the mods a detailed plan for me and Myslod to be mods in DC. No one can be banned, disciplined etc. without the others approval. Equal treatment. Both Left and Right have to agree or no discipline is handed out. The endgame was to decrease the name calling and vitriol in DC and focus on the issues.

Never heard a word from the mods or AustinChief. Followed up several times. Not even a response. Thats a bad idea. Nothing. It was a missed chance that could have possibly changed the path that led to the extreme rancor and personal insults that are a fact of life in DC these days.
eDave 06:18 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Unfortunately all of the major sport leagues and the media outlets that cover them have pumped politics into sports. Then when those views are opposite politically of the majority of the six states that comprise the main Chiefs fan base you are going to have some friction. Throw in the normal election year bullshit, you going to have some carry over. Then top it all off with COVID bullshit. That basically follows the same political lines which your views of it are.

Those 3 factors are what you are seeing at play. It's basically current climate of the year.
I come in peace but I honestly haven't noticed any politic stuff in all the games I've watched and I've watched nearly all available to me. Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention or I've got a higher tolerance but It's been perfectly fine IMO. Its the political ads at commercial that are the worst.
GloryDayz 06:31 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Can you come up with examples of people who share your political views?

Taco has a long history with this board, including the football side. He’s not uncivil like so many others around here. I don’t believe he posts politics in the Lounge. He's interesting and entertaining.
Quality post...
GloryDayz 06:34 AM 10-09-2020
I for one, love all our friends on the other side of the aisle (no homo)... We have our differences, but at the end of the day we'll all survive and come back here and talk about something..
htismaqe 06:38 AM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I come in peace but I honestly haven't noticed any politic stuff in all the games I've watched and I've watched nearly all available to me. Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention or I've got a higher tolerance but It's been perfectly fine IMO. Its the political ads at commercial that are the worst.
Well you can blame that on the NFL.

For all their bloviating about being a force for change, they basically stopped calling attention to it after week one.

The players are still wearing names and slogans, as are the end zones but the NFL and networks are basically ignoring at this point.

I think a lot of us knew this would happen though. There was nothing in place to make sure momentum was maintained.
Page 48 of 57
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Up