ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is there a good attorny in NE?
Holladay 10:51 AM 09-26-2020
This post got to political
[Reply]
jdubya 11:45 AM 09-26-2020
About 30 years ago I got popped for .08

Paid an attorney several thousand to get it reduced to a "wet reckless" which was necessary and made a huge difference of me keeping my current job.

I learned Miranda doesnt apply much in dui cases either.
[Reply]
lewdog 11:48 AM 09-26-2020
Just out of curiosity, how many drinks over how many hours to blow .15?
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:50 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Holladay:
How'd you know?
Border county...they have a reputation.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:58 AM 09-26-2020
We don't have Uber up here. Yes could have called a friend or slept in the shop.

2 beers in an hour will get easy .08 and depends on the type of beer. We were drinking Sam Smiths Pale Ale. Beer, Pizza, Business over 3 hours, you can lose track.

Keep in mind, that the limit used to be .10. Times change. I am not saying I was a Choir Boy. But I sure as heck didn't set a Police Precinct on fire nor shoot a cop.

Again, any Attorney in NE?
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:03 PM 09-26-2020
DEFINITELY not a lawyer. But I had to be on a a jury of a punk kid fighting a DUI when I was in Sidney.

Sounds like you’re boned.

I’d be looking at a diversion rather than a lawyer.
[Reply]
Donger 12:08 PM 09-26-2020

[Reply]
bdj23 12:11 PM 09-26-2020
I'm not going to bust your balls but .15 is pretty drunk dude.

Just accept the punishment and move on.
[Reply]
Holladay 12:14 PM 09-26-2020
I will.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:15 PM 09-26-2020
.08 or .1 doesn't seem to matter when you blow a .15 after losing track of the number of beers you've drank.... :-) By your own logic, that would be over 6 beers and possibly several more than 6 in a few hours.

And yeah, sleeping it off for 8 hours fits the crime of being almost twice over the limit, and not shooting a cop. :-)

Denial is a powerful thing... glad for the other people on the road you've never killed anyone.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:15 PM 09-26-2020
They don't need to read you Miranda Rights until after you're under arrest. Anything said during a DUI investigation is fair game, or at least I think that's how it is.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:19 PM 09-26-2020
Back in college we had a cop who let us take a breathalyzer test while walking home from the bars. I had only had about 6 drinks in roughly 2.5-3 hours, not drunk being feeling pretty good. I blew .12 and I definitely agree I wouldn’t be driving feeling that way. .15 isn’t a bit over and you’ll have a hard time fighting anything.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:21 PM 09-26-2020
I had a buddy who has (had?) a dui problem. He got to the point of keeping a breathalyzer on his Keychain. After 6 shots of 100 proof peppermint schnapps I blew a .17

I drove a lot when I shouldn't have in my 20s and am thankful I never hurt anyone or myself. But I don't dick with that shit anymore.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:22 PM 09-26-2020
We don't have Uber up here. Yes could have called a friend or slept in the shop.

2 beers in an hour will get easy .08 and depends on the type of beer. We were drinking Sam Smiths Pale Ale. Beer, Pizza, Business over 3 hours, you can lose track.

Keep in mind, that the limit used to be .10. Times change. I am not saying I was a Choir Boy. But I sure as heck didn't set a Police Precinct on fire nor shoot a cop.

Again, any Attorney in NE?
And you were well over that also.

But I sure as heck didn't set a Police Precinct on fire nor shoot a cop.
Probably why you weren't charged with doing those things.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:25 PM 09-26-2020
Next time they ask you to blow in the car just offer to blow the cop instead. You might get off and make an extra 20 bucks.

Seriously, that sucks. I know tons of people that drive fine while being intoxicated. If you're a regular drinker you build tolerance and it doesn't affect you as much. That being said it's not an excuse to do it. If the government really didn't want it going on then bars would be illegal to drive away from period.

I had a customer at my stone yard and we got to talking and he told me he had lost his daughter in a car accident to a drunk driver . 20 years old. He got to the scene and the cops told him to just stay away from her vehicle but he refused , he had to see her. His said she was mangled and he wakes every morning with that image in his head.

I couldn't live with myself if I had been the cause of that.
[Reply]
notorious 12:30 PM 09-26-2020
Check their diversion laws.

You aren't getting away with it, but you might as well minimize the damage.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up