ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Ever cut out an ingrown toenail?
bdj23 06:48 PM 09-25-2020
I've been dealing with these since I was a teen. I think i just had the worst one of my life. Had to cut a the way back to the cuticle and pull it out with a pair of tweezers.

It's like self inflicted torture.

Will report back before I die of tetanus or a staph infection.
[Reply]
scho63 01:51 PM 09-26-2020
Almost as bad as cutting your ball sack when you manscape too aggressively. :-)
[Reply]
MahiMike 02:25 PM 09-26-2020
Had this all the time as a kid. I lived in my tennis shoes and played hard. Doc would numb the toe and cut all the way down the nail.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:24 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I sharpen mine and use them in fights. You're going to regret not having one if we ever tangle.
I’m not looking for a DC thread, but there is a reason they make guns.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 06:53 PM 09-26-2020
Had chronic problems with those on both big toes once I hit junior high with infections and seemed like I was at our quack podiatrist a couple times a year to cut them out. Eventually back in college, the family doctor my parents switched to did a procedure using a chemical to kill the root on the sides making the nails narrower. Never had one since, highly recommend if it's a recurring problem. Also showed me what a joke of a podiatrist they were sending me to earlier when a family practitioner figured out a long term solution right away.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 07:09 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
How do people get so many of these?
I think it's probably a hereditary thing that makes some more susceptible to them due to the shape of their toe and nail. Noticed my teenage son has been getting them lately but not near as bad. I'll gladly take my funky toenail genes over heart disease or some other terrible thing that can be passed down from family history.
[Reply]
rtmike 11:17 PM 09-26-2020
I cut one tooo short right after getting hurt.
Infected, i had it removed, no pain med needed, lol. I was amazed how long roots went down the edges.

I use to get them as a kid. O f, someone barely bump tip of your shoe, instant pain.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 01:16 AM 09-27-2020
Got one cut out when I was a kid. Cost about $400.

Dad said from now on, cut them out yourself.

Cut many out since then, mostly near the top edge of the toe, but occasionally get that nasty one near the back of the nail that requires a lot of blood and profanity (but is oddly satisfying when you pull it away from the cuticle base).

Gotta keep the nails short but not "rip them off" short, and make sure that sock fabric doesn't build up in the corners.

If you have to fix them, do it when it first starts hurting. Otherwise, a pocket knife and whiskey are your only free options.
[Reply]
srvy 11:31 AM 09-27-2020
Ever had or heard of someone with an ingrown fingernail? Yeah me either trim you toenails heathens.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up