ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ever cut out an ingrown toenail?
bdj23 06:48 PM 09-25-2020
I've been dealing with these since I was a teen. I think i just had the worst one of my life. Had to cut a the way back to the cuticle and pull it out with a pair of tweezers.

It's like self inflicted torture.

Will report back before I die of tetanus or a staph infection.
[Reply]
Fish 11:13 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Don't cut your toenails so short. And when you do cut them, cut them square - straight across - don't cut them curved and cut the outside corners off.
This. Unless you have a medical issue, the above info is sufficient for never having an ingrown toenail.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:05 AM 09-26-2020
Ya I have.
Her name was Paula
[Reply]
listopencil 12:13 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
I'm amazed there are no pics in this thread.

The Planet does not always behave as I expected.
I have pics of my son getting his ingrown toenail cut out from a few years ago.
[Reply]
lcarus 06:44 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
How do people get so many of these?
In my case I was born with it. Just a big nail. If I cut it too short it would happen. When I played sports and ran a lot it seemed to occur a lot more often.
[Reply]
SupDock 07:23 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
This. Unless you have a medical issue, the above info is sufficient for never having an ingrown toenail.
Unfortunately, once you trim improperly a few times the nail can begin to naturally grow irregularly, and people trim them short on the edges to avoid the pain. Often the medial and lateral edges are not trimmed completely and you get a spur under the skin that is missed. People continue to trim short on the edges but the spur continues to grow under the skin. It becomes difficult to manage at that point, and often needs to be removed and phenol or a laser used to avoid regrowth.

Gently using cotton under the nail on the edges can help initially prevent the nail going underneath the skin if you can catch it early enough. If you wait too long it becomes quite difficult and painful.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083NXQ23V..._Th0BFb0EY26G0

Items like this are rarely helpful, but can be worth a try

Having it done in the office by a medical professional is actually a pretty quick and easy procedure. Other than the initial nerve block on the digit, it should be relatively pain free
[Reply]
bdj23 08:12 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Unfortunately, once you trim improperly a few times the nail can begin to naturally grow irregularly, and people trim them short on the edges to avoid the pain. Often the medial and lateral edges are not trimmed completely and you get a spur under the skin that is missed. People continue to trim short on the edges but the spur continues to grow under the skin. It becomes difficult to manage at that point, and often needs to be removed and phenol or a laser used to avoid regrowth.

Gently using cotton under the nail on the edges can help initially prevent the nail going underneath the skin if you can catch it early enough. If you wait too long it becomes quite difficult and painful.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083NXQ23V..._Th0BFb0EY26G0

Items like this are rarely helpful, but can be worth a try

Having it done in the office by a medical professional is actually a pretty quick and easy procedure. Other than the initial nerve block on the digit, it should be relatively pain free
So I should go see a doc.

I pretty much get one every time I cut the nail on the right side of my left big toe.

Sometimes I think it would hurt less to just chop the mofo off.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:25 AM 09-26-2020
It's not always because you didn't cut your nails or cut them improperly. Some people have nails that don't grow properly. Mine are shaped like a horseshoe, a pediatrist told me some people just have poor genetics when it comes to this so it happens.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:28 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's not always because you didn't cut your nails or cut them improperly. Some people have nails that don't grow properly. Mine are shaped like a horseshoe, a pediatrist told me some people just have poor genetics when it comes to this so it happens.
This is also correct. Sometimes people cut their nails "improperly" because of how they naturally grow. if your nails are naturally growing into your skin, you are going to trim them short on the sides to avoid discomfort.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:29 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
So I should go see a doc.

I pretty much get one every time I cut the nail on the right side of my left big toe.

Sometimes I think it would hurt less to just chop the mofo off.
You should, it's a simple procedure.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:47 AM 09-26-2020
I can't believe have to say this on a football site but in grown toenails were common because you get cleated all day long on the line. Fat Slobs stomping on each other is going to dig that nail in. So like I said I had one and it was infected like GROSS infected and someone stepped on it and half my sock was blood. I had the nail cut out then they put something on the roots so it doesn't come out. But man that shit bled forever. I would figure cut the nail tale the nail out of side of food not too bad but the root and the soft skin under the nail man shit bleed lots for days.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:49 AM 09-26-2020
https://www.baseballthinkfactory.org..._nail_himself/
[Reply]
DJJasonp 11:12 AM 09-26-2020
I’ve had them for 30 years in the same toe and have put off going to doc for it.

There may not be a pain worse than pulling a sharp sliver up, and it slips out of tweezers or scissors and dives back into your toe flesh.

Well, I had a dislocated pinky put back into place by a doc without a shot for pain....that was worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:32 AM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Rather have ingrown toenails than read a dlphg thread
Aw, youre such a sweetie!
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:55 AM 09-26-2020
https://youtu.be/VKt2Sd_vi8k
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 12:11 PM 09-26-2020
Had to do out patient surgery when I was a teen for the big toe while on vacation. They put me under. Ingrown and then got infected. Hurt like a mofo. Have not had one since. I have been careful how they are trimmed ever since.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up