ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ever cut out an ingrown toenail?
bdj23 06:48 PM 09-25-2020
I've been dealing with these since I was a teen. I think i just had the worst one of my life. Had to cut a the way back to the cuticle and pull it out with a pair of tweezers.

It's like self inflicted torture.

Will report back before I die of tetanus or a staph infection.
[Reply]
srvy 08:29 PM 09-25-2020
I have never had one but as a young kid the old doc warned me of letting nails grow to long before triming. He said keep then well trimed once every week and you wont get ingrown toenails.

I did have metal pieces flake off of a forming pin crew member was use with a 12 lb sledge to make starter holes. I was about 10 feet away when mishit the pin. I never felt it hit me in shoulder, he said you shirts soaked with blood. Went back to truck got the firstaid kit out cleaned up area and could see 5 lil punture holes. Bastards wouldnt stop bleeding so put gauze pad and tape went back to work and finshed the day. Back at office the guy got out our metal detecter pin finder and got tone in my shoulder.

When I got home I sterilized those long nose medical pliers that lock down and tried to dig out the metal. That just made it bleed more and lit me up pain wise so headed to emergencey at NKC hospital.

They took xrays and gave me a local in shoulder and began picking it out. They would have to open with scalpel get what they could x-ray still find more pieces. So 5 times of this dig and x-ray and they got it all and sewed me up. That shit went through muscle and lodged against bone. The young ER doc swore I had been shot even after I explained it all. Finally the older ER Surgion scolded hhim said it was pieces of iron not lead. Went to work next morning with a sore useless left shoulder.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:31 PM 09-25-2020
How do people get so many of these?
[Reply]
Pablo 08:32 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Trying to replicate Butker's 58 yard FGs.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:41 PM 09-25-2020
Nope, never had one of these... gotta pay attention when cutting your dogs, keep it squared up and dont go too deep on' em!
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:48 PM 09-25-2020
I'm amazed there are no pics in this thread.

The Planet does not always behave as I expected.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:51 PM 09-25-2020
I did the self surgery for years when in the army until one got so bad i could barely walk. Had to have the doc dig it out... for months I suffered, but the next day after the doc took it out it felt like nothing had ever happened to my foot.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:03 PM 09-25-2020

[Reply]
Fish 09:12 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Mostly cutting your toenails wrong, or too short. Bad fitting shoes. Normally it's not hard to avoid.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:15 PM 09-25-2020
no you disgusting bastard.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:18 PM 09-25-2020
There are people called podiatrists........
[Reply]
threebag 09:33 PM 09-25-2020
Rather have ingrown toenails than read a dlphg thread
[Reply]
jdubya 10:19 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I’ve done it many times.

I honestly kind of enjoy the pain during but it’s the pain for the days after that’s worse.
Just spitballing here but I dont think you are doing it right lol.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:35 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Mostly cutting your toenails wrong, or too short. Bad fitting shoes. Normally it's not hard to avoid.
Explain
[Reply]
ghak99 10:51 PM 09-25-2020
Yes, but only on the inside of the big toe and I've learned how and when to cut them in order to prevent them from actually becoming a problem. Most of the men in my family have similar issues.

When I was a young teen I had to go to the doctor for one. Unbeknownst to me, or my mother, the fat bastard was a known drug addict and was obviously using that day. He had me take off both shoes to compare how the nails were growing. When he went to sit down his humpty dumpty shaped ass nearly missed his rolling chair. He then bent the fucking needle while it was in my toe when he numbed it. When he came back a few minutes later he attempted to start working on the wrong foot. After he finally found the right toe, he clipped it deep and removed it like it was no big deal. I watched what he did and swore I'd never go back to him again.

Unless you're a pussy, occasionally having to cut the corner and pull the side for prevention doesn't really even hurt.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:58 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Explain
Don't cut your toenails so short. And when you do cut them, cut them square - straight across - don't cut them curved and cut the outside corners off.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up