ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Ever cut out an ingrown toenail?
bdj23 06:48 PM 09-25-2020
I've been dealing with these since I was a teen. I think i just had the worst one of my life. Had to cut a the way back to the cuticle and pull it out with a pair of tweezers.

It's like self inflicted torture.

Will report back before I die of tetanus or a staph infection.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:52 PM 09-25-2020
This is right up there with MoHillbilly's DIY dentistry thread.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:54 PM 09-25-2020
I have. Eventually went to a doc who cut my nail in a way that they’ve never come back.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:56 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
This is right up there with MoHillbilly's DIY dentistry thread.
I've actually gotten quite good at it. I'm sure the doc would have a stroke if he saw the scissors I use.

Not gonna lie - I've had to bite down on a pencil a few times to do it.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:58 PM 09-25-2020
After an accident where my foot was in a plastic boot for four plus weeks, I had one on my big toe so bad that my doctor suggested I consider permanently removing the nail.

I did that.

Can't remember exactly but I think I had to soak it in warm salty water three times a day for twenty minutes for a few weeks. My only regret is that I didn't remove the toe nail on the other big toe at the same time.

Never had to trim it again. Never had to worry about fungus infection. And it certainly never got ingrown again.

You don't even have to worry about breaking the nail when you stub your toe.

All in all toe nails are pretty worthless.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:01 PM 09-25-2020
I’ve done it many times.

I honestly kind of enjoy the pain during but it’s the pain for the days after that’s worse.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:03 PM 09-25-2020
I had two cut out they bleed forever
[Reply]
bdj23 07:04 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I’ve done it many times.

I honestly kind of enjoy the pain during but it’s the pain for the days after that’s worse.
Usually for me I know when I finally get it because the pain subsides.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:04 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I’ve done it many times.

How we know lew bottoms for billay.
[Reply]
EPodolak 07:26 PM 09-25-2020
I had to several times when I was younger. Now I use particular clippers in a particular way and don't have ingrown nails any more.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:32 PM 09-25-2020
This thread makes my toes hurt.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:33 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
After an accident where my foot was in a plastic boot for four plus weeks, I had one on my big toe so bad that my doctor suggested I consider permanently removing the nail.

I did that.

Can't remember exactly but I think I had to soak it in warm salty water three times a day for twenty minutes for a few weeks. My only regret is that I didn't remove the toe nail on the other big toe at the same time.

Never had to trim it again. Never had to worry about fungus infection. And it certainly never got ingrown again.

You don't even have to worry about breaking the nail when you stub your toe.

All in all toe nails are pretty worthless.

I sharpen mine and use them in fights. You're going to regret not having one if we ever tangle.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:33 PM 09-25-2020
I had one so bad I had to get part of my nail removed at the doc. They just cut out a sliver going straight down the inside part of my big toenail. I didn't feel it and it's been good ever since. Highly recommend getting that done if you have ingrown toenails that just keep coming back.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:37 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I had one so bad I had to get part of my nail removed at the doc. They just cut out a sliver going straight down the inside part of my big toenail. I didn't feel it and it's been good ever since. Highly recommend getting that done if you have ingrown toenails that just keep coming back.
Same. Been nearly 30 years since I’ve had one.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:38 PM 09-25-2020
What they do that doesn't make it come back is an acid in your nail bed. I've had engrown toenails removed like 8 times by a doctor, uncountable by my own hand, all as a teen before permanent removal.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up