ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Gordon is retiring
ChiefBlueCFC 10:28 AM 09-24-2020

After 14 years of hard work and dedication to the #Royals, Alex Gordon is retiring from baseball.

Thank you for always giving it your all, Gordo.#4EverRoyal pic.twitter.com/S5A0Y7ASFq

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) September 24, 2020

Thank you for everything Alex. A great Royal and a Royal for life!
[Reply]
redfan 05:13 PM 09-24-2020
I bought into the early hype, **** yeah Nebraska
Hokkayyy, so he's not Brett, but he'll still be good
Minors, switch positions, sure whatevs sometimes it just doesn't happen bro
Hey he actually does not suck, what a catch
1rst WS, aw shit you coulda made it bro, uhh maybe not
2nd chances sometimes happen, makes the most of it this time
I didn't hate the contract even if we kinda knew what would happen, pay that man his money
Man 2014-15 sure was fun, this town came alive like I've never seen

I could watch AG highlights all day, thx for posting
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 05:22 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Same. Ticket prices crashed that morning (they dropped from $450 to about $100) and I cancelled a test I had paid for at KU to pay for the ticket (needed to pass it by spring to graduate lol). A buddy of mine had driven up to see a KU football game (they were getting shredded by some dude named Patrick Mahomes) and I texted him asking if he wanted to change plans and see playoff baseball. We got standing room only tickets and that whole comeback was the wildest sporting even I’ve ever been a part of - me, my buddy, his Dad and maybe 20 other people were in a stairwell (a poor usher kept muttering we needed to leave but none of us budged) and the moment Gordo ripped that double the entire stairwell exploded. I remember I even went airborne for a moment from a dude who jumped forward and all of us ended up falling down. We all ended up bringing the usher in for a group hug before all of us leapt in just, utter cathartic joy along the hall of fame section. A reporter for the star ended up interviewing us about SRO and said “I’ve never seen a reaction like that covering baseball.”

A lot of people say the rally started with Zo’s pop-up, but lesser known is they put a drunk Eric Stonestreet on the Jumbotron during the 7th inning stretch and he screamed “LETS ****ING GO” and the crowd went absolutely apeshit after being deadened by Price’s 1-hitter to that point. Always thought that may have helped cause the miscommunication with Bautista in the outfield.

Was one of the best days of my life.
Someone on here (MTG#10) offered a free ticket the day before the game. All he asked for was for me to drive. So I actually got to go to that game for free. The energy in that crowd in that 7th inning was definitely one of the greatest moments I've ever experienced.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:28 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Definitely an interesting career. Hyped as the savior of the franchise, spent 5+ years being terrible and hated by fans, turned into a legit All-Star while the franchise was climbing out of the muck to win a championship (and subsequently having some of the biggest plays in franchise history), getting paid and turning back into a pumpkin.

Lining up the best stretch of his career with the World Series runs was very fortunate for his legacy.
Gordon was not even close to terrible for his first 5 years.

Year 1 .725 OPS 2.0 WAR
Year 2 .783 OPS 2.8 WAR
Year 3 .703 OPS 0.3 WAR 49 games played
Year 4 .671 OPS -0.5 WAR 74 games played
Year 5 Domination .879 OPS 7.3 WAR Gold Glove LF

I will not let people spread lies about Alex. He was a decent player years 1 and 2, then had a 123 game stretch of awfulness, but quickly became a perennial Gold Glover and had a 4-5 year stretch of being one of the best players in the game.

No he wasn't the next George Brett, but those expectations were completely unrealistic. He was maybe the biggest reason why we won the WS and he was a Royal for life. Alex Gordon will always be my favorite Royal of all time.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:04 AM 09-26-2020

"I blacked out after I touched first."

Gordo breaks down his iconic home run.#4EverRoyal pic.twitter.com/dhCd3lHMia

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) September 26, 2020

[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:15 AM 09-26-2020
Basically those saying they were disappointed at this point are saying “I’m disappointed in this generation’s Frank White”
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:32 AM 09-26-2020
Never drank pop never ate junk food. His forearms are stupid big
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:56 AM 09-26-2020

Dude is scary shredded.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:38 PM 09-26-2020
Might not be a baseball player in the game today who takes better care of his body. His work ethic got him to where he is. Much respect.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:11 PM 09-26-2020

Gordo's impact on our clubhouse will never go away.

Tonight, the 4⃣ above his locker became permanent.#4EverRoyal pic.twitter.com/HDuZ1f4Ofp

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) September 26, 2020

[Reply]
sedated 03:37 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Basically those saying they were disappointed at this point are saying “I’m disappointed in this generation’s Frank White”
Baseball isn't the same as it was 40 years ago, those types of players have been downgraded. Also, White played middle infield, not LF.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:43 PM 09-26-2020
If Gordon was any better we wouldn't have been able to keep him. He hit that Mike Sweeney sweet spot.
[Reply]
teedubya 03:51 PM 09-26-2020
Nobody worked harder than Gordo. I hope he stays around the organization. Much love #4!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:33 PM 09-26-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Thanks for the memories.

The HR against Familia in the World Series is one that won't soon be forgotten.
This HR really won the WS psychologically for the Royals and psychologically doomed the Mets and what was to come.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:40 PM 09-26-2020
Gordon is the all time leader in broken bats do to his forarms and because he had the same swing most of the time. Dude was do for a broken bat roller once a game
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:41 PM 09-26-2020
https://www.reddit.com/r/KCRoyals/co...e_broken_bats/
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up