ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Gordon is retiring
ChiefBlueCFC 10:28 AM 09-24-2020

After 14 years of hard work and dedication to the #Royals, Alex Gordon is retiring from baseball.

Thank you for always giving it your all, Gordo.#4EverRoyal pic.twitter.com/S5A0Y7ASFq

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) September 24, 2020

Thank you for everything Alex. A great Royal and a Royal for life!
[Reply]
KurtCobain 01:04 PM 09-24-2020
will always love this guy
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:06 PM 09-24-2020
Happy retirement Alex!

Found this interesting.....

Originally Posted by :
Gordon sits eighth in career WAR for the Royals, behind George Brett, Kevin Appier, Amos Otis, Willie Wilson, Bret Saberhagan, Mark Gubicza and Frank White.
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/a...from-baseball/
[Reply]
EPodolak 01:14 PM 09-24-2020
Glad he was on our side. Appreciate his role bringing some glory to KC.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 01:26 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
This is the home run people won't talk as much about. Won game 1 against the Orioles and set the tone for the series to help get us to the WS.

Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Here's another hit that was just as important and as easily forgotten (off of a left (David Price), with 2 outs, and in a tie game). We may not even get to the 2015 World Series or Alex's iconic home run without this hit.

All the videos from '14 and '15 - man - just takes me back to a happy, stress-filled place... gives me chills.

Remember being in Minneapolis at Brit's Pub watching game 2 of ALCS the day before the Chiefs game in Minnesota, wearing my Gordo jersey. So many KC people in Minneapolis that weekend. Chiefs game sucked, but it was fun nonetheless.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:29 PM 09-24-2020
One of the greatest defensive LF of all time.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:32 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I don’t think there was anything that could be done. Bumgarner was just on another level. I remember talking to my dad the day after that game 7 and he said “they ran into Koufax. What can you do?”
And it's not like that was a fluke. Bumgarner is one of the greatest World Series pitchers in history (3 Series, 5 games, 4 starts, 36 IP, ONE EARNED RUN -- and that was the HR by Salvy in Game 1).
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:35 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
One of the greatest defensive LF of all time.
Best I've ever seen. And I can remember Joe Rudi and Yaz.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:37 PM 09-24-2020

Whit Merrifield told me about Alex Gordon's future plans: "He tells me he is going to pick up golf now. I can’t wait to kick his ass.”

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) September 24, 2020

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:47 PM 09-24-2020
Dominating....the couch and cheetos Al bundy style
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:55 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
This is the home run people won't talk as much about. Won game 1 against the Orioles and set the tone for the series to help get us to the WS.

and somewhere.......Jason LaCanfora still weeps.......
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:03 PM 09-24-2020
One of my favorite memories of Alex was that in 2010 he got sent to the minors for 75 games because he seemed to be really sucking shit (people want to act like he was trash his first 2 years in the league, but he had a .725 OPS 36 doubles, 15 HRs and 60 RBIs his rookie year and his 2nd year he had a .783 OPS 35 Doubles, 16 HRs, and 59 RBIs. He was one of the best players on the team) and had just had a shitty year before in 2009.

2011 comes around and he's interviewed before the season and says that he is going to dominate this year. Everyone, myself included was like yeah sure Alex youre gonna dominate, dominate the bench after you get kicked out of the starting lineup you sack of shit. He absolutely tears shit up in 2011 and the rest is history.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:31 PM 09-24-2020

[Reply]
eDave 02:33 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
4 years too late
Lulz. What an asshole.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:41 PM 09-24-2020
Good story on his career....sent down to minors walking on those "draft bust" eggshells...comes back to learn new position at the highest level only to become the best def LF in the game and becomes a WS hero...amazing.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:17 PM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
All the videos from '14 and '15 - man - just takes me back to a happy, stress-filled place... gives me chills.

Remember being in Minneapolis at Brit's Pub watching game 2 of ALCS the day before the Chiefs game in Minnesota, wearing my Gordo jersey. So many KC people in Minneapolis that weekend. Chiefs game sucked, but it was fun nonetheless.
Since we're on Gordo postseason highlights, let's do another (admittedly, I'm a massive Gordo homer).

Bases loaded, 2 out, Gordo hits a shot that's a grand slam in most other parks not named Kauffman. It's a critical bases clearing double against a lefty and causes Scioscia to make a panic move to his weak bullpen. The Royals promptly trash this bullpen to seal the sweep. Whole different game (and potentially season/postseason) if Gordo K's there.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up