ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Thom Brennaman calls Kansas City "one of the pillowbiter capitals of the world"
Sassy Squatch 06:46 PM 08-19-2020

Longtime Cincinnati Reds announcer Thom Brennaman was caught on a hot mic saying “one of the pillowbiter capitals of the world.” He is currently announcing the second game of the Reds’ doubleheader against Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/Uwz07eRIKv

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 20, 2020

[Reply]
ChiTown 10:36 AM 08-20-2020
In the latest decade, I highly doubt I've used the word F** or F****T. The guy is a grown-assed Man at work - hot mic or not. WTF are you doing?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:47 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
BTW this is like a Brockmire episode come to life.

Season 3 he meets the Atlanta Braves radio guy that he is possibly replacing who is an outright racist.

This is like Billay meets Prison Bitch.
I immediately thought "well shit - Jim Brockmire has a better chance at calling Reds games in the next 5 years than Brennaman...."

As has been noted - it isn't even necessarily what he said (though these days that's probably enough), it's the ease and vitriol with which he said it.

Dude hammered it like he was practicing his line readings for an American History X sequel.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:47 AM 08-20-2020
He was probably just talking about all the cigarettes available in KC.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:59 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
When you grew up using that word, kinda of hard to get out of it when you bring the band back together type of thing.

I remember back in 2004, if I tried to do anything that wasn't bro approved I would be called a fagg immediately. Toxic masculinity baby.

While eliminating the word from our everyday acceptable vernacular is definitely overall good, there are a few young people who perhaps would benefit from it.

Being called a fag successfully helped me not drink wine coolers. Not being able to call someone a fag has helped alcoholic seltzer water rise to the top ranks of consumption.

Meh, in various places I’ve grown up and certain social circles it was pretty popular to say and I indulged.

Then I grew up.. I can’t even remember the last time I said that or retard. They’re pretty insensitive and it’s not difficult to not say them.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:03 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
By the way, is there anything weirder than the ChiefsPlanet conversion of the word he used, to an even more offensive, more homophobic word? I'm not proposing it be changed because it's been around forever and is now just part of the weird here, but I always wonder who thought that was a good way to censor the word.
IIRC it was Kloster's doing, in response to somebody's whining.

It was stupid then, and it's stupid now.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:03 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He most likely gone

"I deeply apologize for being caught saying fag while my mic was on. I beg everyone to just forget what I said just a few hours ago. Im a man of faith and God made me do it. Who am I to question God's will?"
[Reply]
fan4ever 11:13 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
...I thought eDave moved out here to AZ...?
[Reply]
Bowser 11:21 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Who gives a shit what Tits McGee has to say. Over/under on how many players she blew in the locker room?

[Reply]
Frazod 11:34 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
In the latest decade, I highly doubt I've used the word F** or F****T. The guy is a grown-assed Man at work - hot mic or not. WTF are you doing?
Ironically, the only time I have heard the word used towards somebody that was actually gay, it was by another gay man; a former boss who was talking to one of his friends on the phone. He was embarrassed when I realized I heard him say it and apologized. I told him I didn't give a shit and thought it was funny.

In my experience, it is generally synonymous with wimp or pussy, or poor athletic performance. Like if somebody throws a ceremonial first pitch that lands 20 feet in front of the catcher, or a free throw that falls five feet short of the net. I've called plenty of people f_gs, knowing full well that they weren't. Just like you can call somebody a cocksucker, knowing that they don't actually suck cocks, or a motherfucker, knowing that they don't actually fuck their own mother, or a bastard, knowing that the person's parents were actually married when he was born. I was in the military. I wouldn't have lasted long in that environment getting butthurt over every silly incident of namecalling.

It seems that Brennaman used it as a direct slur toward gays, which I guess ups the ante, but still, I don't care. Although IMO anybody named Tom who spells it with an "h" must be a fag, so he probably should keep his mouth shut.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:42 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I use it on the daily. And almost never against gays tho. Just people I hate.
[Reply]
redfan 12:14 PM 08-20-2020
It's just a bundle of sticks, what's the big deal?
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:45 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Meh, in various places I’ve grown up and certain social circles it was pretty popular to say and I indulged.

Then I grew up.. I can’t even remember the last time I said that or retard. They’re pretty insensitive and it’s not difficult to not say them.
Yup, me too. I am a little shocked when I hear the term used these days.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:56 PM 08-20-2020
Maybe they played some Dire Straits going into commercial and it got stuck in his head.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:59 PM 08-20-2020
Hes banging on those bongos like a chimpanzee
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:59 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Maybe they played some Dire Straits going into commercial and it got stuck in his head.
That song has been edited for radio play, that whole verse is gone.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up