ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Thom Brennaman calls Kansas City "one of the pillowbiter capitals of the world"
Sassy Squatch 06:46 PM 08-19-2020

Longtime Cincinnati Reds announcer Thom Brennaman was caught on a hot mic saying “one of the pillowbiter capitals of the world.” He is currently announcing the second game of the Reds’ doubleheader against Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/Uwz07eRIKv

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 20, 2020

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:43 AM 08-20-2020

I worked in pro sports for 20 years. The language #ThomBrennaman used (& that specific word) was typical of what I heard almost every single day. HOMOPHOBIA IS A CORNERSTONE OF SPORTS: From the field to the front office to the press box to the owner’s suite to the cheap seats. https://t.co/2xjEDH1QPA

— Lisa Guerrero ���� (@4lisaguerrero) August 20, 2020

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:00 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Who gives a shit what Tits McGee has to say. Over/under on how many players she blew in the locker room?
[Reply]
SuperChief 09:17 AM 08-20-2020
You know how easy it is to *not* say that, in any setting? Puh-lease. He gone and he should be gone - no excuse.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 09:19 AM 08-20-2020
stupid mistake..I did telemarketing/customer service for 10 years or so and learned day 1, when the headset is on it's always live even if you hit the mute button. A headset is like a gun, always act like someone is listening just like you always act like the gun is loaded.

That said, suspend him for a while and move on and don't act like a bunch of pillowbiters about it

What pussy set up the autocorrect for pillowbiters?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:20 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Grown men still use that word in 2020?
When you grew up using that word, kinda of hard to get out of it when you bring the band back together type of thing.

I remember back in 2004, if I tried to do anything that wasn't bro approved I would be called a fagg immediately. Toxic masculinity baby.

While eliminating the word from our everyday acceptable vernacular is definitely overall good, there are a few young people who perhaps would benefit from it.

Being called a fag successfully helped me not drink wine coolers. Not being able to call someone a fag has helped alcoholic seltzer water rise to the top ranks of consumption.
[Reply]
wazu 09:23 AM 08-20-2020
By the way, is there anything weirder than the ChiefsPlanet conversion of the word he used, to an even more offensive, more homophobic word? I'm not proposing it be changed because it's been around forever and is now just part of the weird here, but I always wonder who thought that was a good way to censor the word.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:27 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
What pussy set up the autocorrect for pillowbiters?
We don't like to offend people here
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:29 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
By the way, is there anything weirder than the ChiefsPlanet conversion of the word he used, to an even more offensive, more homophobic word? I'm not proposing it be changed because it's been around forever and is now just part of the weird here, but I always wonder who thought that was a good way to censor the word.
Shut up, fag.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:33 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Who knows. i think people sometimes get too comfortable at work, especially when they've been working at the same place or for the same company for decades. And then they do or say something dumb because they feel like they're at home.

But they're not.
This. He got comfortable and forgot that the fake outrage PC police are ALWAYS listening.
[Reply]
Fish 09:44 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
When you grew up using that word, kinda of hard to get out of it when you bring the band back together type of thing.

I remember back in 2004, if I tried to do anything that wasn't bro approved I would be called a pillowbiterg immediately. Toxic masculinity baby.

While eliminating the word from our everyday acceptable vernacular is definitely overall good, there are a few young people who perhaps would benefit from it.

Being called a pillowbiter successfully helped me not drink wine coolers. Not being able to call someone a pillowbiter has helped alcoholic seltzer water rise to the top ranks of consumption.
:-)... :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 09:47 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
This. He got comfortable and forgot that the fake outrage PC police are ALWAYS listening.
I really don't care what side you are on, if you don't understand that isn't something you should just be saying these days then you have a fucking problem.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:01 AM 08-20-2020
Never actually used the term or heard of it muchbefore joining CP, Fudgepacker seemed more popular up here.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:01 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
You know how easy it is to *not* say that, in any setting? Puh-lease. He gone and he should be gone - no excuse.

[Reply]
Dartgod 10:30 AM 08-20-2020
Their next series was at the Cardinals. I'm certain he was talking about St. Louis.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:34 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Filter evasion.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up