ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Thom Brennaman calls Kansas City "one of the pillowbiter capitals of the world"
Sassy Squatch 06:46 PM 08-19-2020

Longtime Cincinnati Reds announcer Thom Brennaman was caught on a hot mic saying “one of the pillowbiter capitals of the world.” He is currently announcing the second game of the Reds’ doubleheader against Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/Uwz07eRIKv

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 20, 2020

[Reply]
sedated 04:01 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
On a different note, I'd never seen the TV show King of Queens much, and the local cable company put all of the episodes onto their On Demand. So one of my pandemic projects has been to watch the entire series. It's generally pretty, but in probably 10 percent of the episodes he disparagingly says, "That's gay" when he doesn't like something. It's surprising to hear because that show was in production not that long ago.
I was watching Law and Order one time and the main character that episode was mentally challenged, and they must've said "retard" 50 times in that episode. "The problem is, he's...retarded *suspenseful music*" "The big question is, just how retarded is he?" etc etc etc.

It wasn't one of the early episodes, it was one at the end. I'm not sure if the actors emphasized the word or if it was just a surprise to hear it on TV.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:10 PM 08-20-2020
He's at least lost his spot calling NFL games.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:19 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
But, why?
Y'know, I really learned something in that show.

In a lot of sitcoms, they make the characters evolve over time. They have a "very special episode" or characters get married or have babies or whatever. Chandler marries Monica, Raj learns to talk to women. Niles and Daphne fall in love. And I usually dislike that growth because the reason I started watching the show in the first place is because I liked the characters as they were.

But in King of Queens there is absolutely no character growth or development throughout the whole series. You could take an episode from Season 9 and teleport it into Season 2, and it wouldn't affect your viewing at all. He's just as dumb and selfish at the end as he was at the beginning, and she's just as harsh and whiny. No personal growth at all.

That's actually what I've always asked for from a sitcom, and King of Queens delivered it. But at some point around Season 8, it started leaving me a little wanting. Both main characters were pretty shallow and simple over the whole series, and I would have liked to see them make a little personal progress over time. But it never happened. And it taught me that the optimal sitcom is going to have a little evolution over time. Not much, but a little.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:22 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Y'know, I really learned something in that show.

In a lot of sitcoms, they make the characters evolve over time. They have a "very special episode" or characters get married or have babies or whatever. Chandler marries Monica, Raj learns to talk to women. Niles and Daphne fall in love. And I usually dislike that growth because the reason I started watching the show in the first place is because I liked the characters as they were.

But in King of Queens there is absolutely no character growth or development throughout the whole series. You could take an episode from Season 9 and teleport it into Season 2, and it wouldn't affect your viewing at all.

That's what I've always asked for from a sitcom, and King of Queens delivered it. But at some point around Season 8, it started leaving me a little wanting. Both main characters were pretty shallow and stupid over the whole series, and I would have liked to see them make a little personal progress over time. But it never happened. And it taught me that the optimal sitcom is going to have a little evolution over time. Not much, but a little.
Well... His wife would have randomly been 50 lbs heavier for that one episode. That would have been awkward.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:25 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Well... His wife would have randomly been 50 lbs heavier for that one episode. That would have been awkward.
I was actually watching that happen. She started out pretty svelte and maintained it until about Season 7. Then she gained a lot of weight, but in the last season she lost most of it back and was pretty svelte again.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:08 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He's at least lost his spot calling NFL games.
He's suspended from doing NFL games for 2020. Also suspended from doing MLB games until further notice. Bunch of horseshit. But necessary in this brave new world.
[Reply]
baitism 05:08 PM 08-20-2020
In his defense, we have Brookside...
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:42 PM 08-20-2020
I find it hypocritical that all the former jocks on tv and radio were saying they were appalled and him saying fag. You know damn well all those fuckers said it in the locker room. Every damn word in the world is said in a sports locker room.
[Reply]
eDave 09:45 PM 08-20-2020
Any of those former jocks blurt it out loud covering a televised baseball game for all to hear?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:46 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by baitism:
In his defense, we have Brookside...
I dont believe you are a real account
[Reply]
vonBobo 09:55 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
God I hate this PC culture. Let's go back to the 80's. Worst part is, all the SJW's cheering that someone lost their livelihood. What an evil country we've turned into.
Just drop a few words from your day and you are going to be just fine. It's goin to be ok!
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:34 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I find it hypocritical that all the former jocks on tv and radio were saying they were appalled and him saying pillowbiter. You know damn well all those ****ers said it in the locker room. Every damn word in the world is said in a sports locker room.
Stupid take
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:39 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
God I hate this PC culture. Let's go back to the 80's. Worst part is, all the SJW's cheering that someone lost their livelihood. What an evil country we've turned into.
People who whine about not being able to freely use various slurs really need to get a life.

Your desire to be an obnoxious asshole may have consequences. Sorry.
[Reply]
srvy 10:43 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
People who whine about not being able to freely use various slurs really need to get a life.

Your desire to be an obnoxious asshole may have consequences. Sorry.
Says CP's leading obnoxious asshole.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:49 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I think dueling would be awesome. Of course, I'm a really good shot..... :-)
Just ask your refrigerator!
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up