ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 94
« First < 44849091929394
Nzoner's Game Room>UPDATE: Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick. Official.
Dante84 06:19 PM 03-12-2019

More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford. https://t.co/g4tYK2tWFh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
ModSocks 09:48 AM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
This is a debate where i lost like motherfucker on.

Chiefs dodged a bullet.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:49 AM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Also, for all the love people want to heap on Lynch at times, he has some HUGE mistakes on his resume.

1. Drafting Solomon Thomas 3rd overall
2. Choosing to keep Erik Armstead instead of DeForrest Buckner
3. Trading for Dee Ford and giving him big money
4. Trading for Jimmy G and giving him big money

But he found a good LB in Fred Warner and was lucky enough to take advantage of Nick Bosa being the obvious pick. So I guess people will keep thinking he’s good?
The Jimmy G decision was the worst and dealing Buckner (only to draft a brokedick in Kinlaw to replace him) was almost as bad. Maybe he just couldn't drum up a market for Armstead but man, if he could've gotten Armstead dealt for the same return, that's a bad miss. And honestly, I think Armstead is a good player, but Buckner's a real difference maker and someone who the 49ers got a front row seat for his development.

I don't think he's a bad GM, but he's not a particularly good one. Shanahan is doing a lot to cover for his mistakes.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:40 AM 12-15-2021
He probably should retire since he got paid and has reoccurring back issues.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:42 AM 12-15-2021
I heard the Patriots might retire his jersey.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:43 AM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Jimmy G decision was the worst and dealing Buckner (only to draft a brokedick in Kinlaw to replace him) was almost as bad. Maybe he just couldn't drum up a market for Armstead but man, if he could've gotten Armstead dealt for the same return, that's a bad miss. And honestly, I think Armstead is a good player, but Buckner's a real difference maker and someone who the 49ers got a front row seat for his development.

I don't think he's a bad GM, but he's not a particularly good one. Shanahan is doing a lot to cover for his mistakes.
Jimmy G got them to the Super Bowl. So he wasn’t
A total disaster. Dude can’t stay healthy though.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:51 AM 12-15-2021

Yeah, he isn’t awful. But he isn’t elite.

Trading Buckner (an actual force multiplier) so they could “draft a replacement” while keeping Armstead - a nice player but not a difference maker - on a big deal and spending big money on Bitchmade is just an awful look.

Lot of Chiefs fans were banging the table to trade Jones and draft Kinlaw as a replacement. Whew. That would have sucked.
[Reply]
wheeler08 02:16 PM 12-15-2021
I got a fantasy update that said Ford was out for the year and would not rehab with the team and he was headed back to Kansas City….what does that mean, headed back to KC??
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:28 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
I got a fantasy update that said Ford was out for the year and would not rehab with the team and he was headed back to Kansas City….what does that mean, headed back to KC??
He still lives here full-time.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:59 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I will never forgive him.
To me, Dee Ford is the equivalent of The Kicker Who Shall Not Be Named.

I will never forgive Dee Ford. But, I also place the blame for that loss on Bob Sutton and his pathetic defense that gave up multiple 3rd and 10s to the exact same play in overtime.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Frazod 03:52 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

I will never forgive Dee Ford. But, I also place the blame for that loss on Bob Sutton and his pathetic defense that gave up multiple 3rd and 10s to the exact same play in overtime.

To me, he's worse. I didn't drive a thousand mile round trip, pay $500 for a ticket or freeze my ass off all day to see Elliot shit his pants.

All he had to do was line up correctly and I see the Chiefs win a conference championship game in person and finally stake those unholy cheating fuck Patriots. I remember those fleeting couple of seconds that I thought it was all wrapped up until I realized there was a flag on the field.

Fuck him. Forever.

:-)

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:12 PM 12-15-2021
He could shoot my dog and if I thought he'd help us win a Super Bowl, I'd forgive him.

But he's probably just toast.

A speed rusher would be a DAMN nice asset on this team and if Ford had anything left, he was actually damn effective for the 49ers when he was on the field in their SB season. A lot of available evidence said he was the tipping point between a good pass rush and a great one for them. He was the straw that stirred the drink in many ways.

But he's played 7 games the last 2 years. You just can't plan around that so there's really no use in trying.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:48 PM 12-15-2021
He could shoot my dog and if I thought he'd help us win a Super Bowl, I'd forgive him.

But he's probably just toast.

A speed rusher would be a DAMN nice asset on this team and if Ford had anything left, he was actually damn effective for the 49ers when he was on the field in their SB season. A lot of available evidence said he was the tipping point between a good pass rush and a great one for them. He was the straw that stirred the drink in many ways.

But he's played 7 games the last 2 years. You just can't plan around that so there's really no use in trying.
Back injuries, man. You can only pull out so many jenga blocks from the bottom before the tower collapses.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:07 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

Yes. Technically Fords mistake was bigger than Elliottts. Higher stakes moment.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:26 PM 12-15-2021
Outside of KC fans, no one will remember that Brady threw his third pick to blow a lead in the AFCCG to a first year starting QB only to be bailed out by Dee Fucking Ford. For everyone else, it’s just another ring for Brady.

Still makes me sick to my stomach.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 07:02 PM 12-15-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Jimmy G got them to the Super Bowl. So he wasn’t
A total disaster. Dude can’t stay healthy though.
Yeah. Remember that amazing playoff performance where he threw like 8 passes against Green Bay?

The running game and defense got them to the superbowl, and Jimmy G shit down his legs when the chips were down.

Eyes closed heave for a pick, and then missing a wide open Emmanuel Sanders for the go ahead td late in the game.

Why Shanarat Jr did not stick with the run will be one of the great mysteries of the world.
[Reply]
Page 94 of 94
« First < 44849091929394
Up