ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 27
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
duncan_idaho 10:31 AM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
This show is woke garbage that won't be relevant 5 years from now.

Is it?

Or is it consistent with the source material?

The comics were a satirical reflection of how shitty super power human beings would actually be, paralleling the challenges ordinary folks face with power, self-delusion, greed, and loss of inhibitions, while also exploring the dangers of unchecked, unmitigated corporate self-interest and manipulation.

It is a vehicle intended to shine a reductio ad absurdum light on our American society and make people think about things that might flit by unnoticed in your day-to-day grind.

If it makes you uncomfortable, it is functioning as intended.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:53 PM 06-19-2022
Here's another, from previous season. . .

So I get he's satirizing Dubya's bravado, but if you accept the implications of the satire as written, given that Homelander explicitly and directly downed the airliner himself . . . then you've signed onto more crazy than any of the 9/11 was an inside job folks. . . . But you do you folks.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:44 PM 07-09-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Here's another, from previous season. . .

So I get he's satirizing Dubya's bravado, but if you accept the implications of the satire as written, given that Homelander explicitly and directly downed the airliner himself . . . then you've signed onto more crazy than any of the 9/11 was an inside job folks. . . . But you do you folks.
I think we can all look back and see the evidence to go into Iraq was fabricated to fit the agenda. Not a left or right take - I voted for Dubya twice. You can say they were dead wrong or methodical liars - that's for you to judge.

The question isn't do these things sometimes happen because they do. We all know they do. Propaganda happens. The question is how much or how far does government really fabricate or play a hand to manipulate? Do they embellish the truth or go full Alex Jones and serve interdimensional lizard NAMBLA's for the galactic council? I can see why people believe almost any position in the full spectrum of that argument. Well, most positions.
[Reply]
Spott 08:39 PM 06-25-2022
Episode 6 was pretty twisted. Definitely looking forward to the last two episodes.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:47 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
Episode 6 was pretty twisted. Definitely looking forward to the last two episodes.
Lol, yeah, that was......something. You knew it was going to be bad when they put the disclaimer at the front of the episode, haha. I expected more, or better, out of the action finale. It was GOOD, but I felt it should have been better.

And oh yeah, Hughie is a stupid ass.
[Reply]
Spott 08:52 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Lol, yeah, that was......something. You knew it was going to be bad when they put the disclaimer at the front of the episode, haha. I expected more, or better, out of the action finale. It was GOOD, but I felt it should have been better.

And oh yeah, Hughie is a stupid ass.
That last fight should have been a lot better, but I’m hoping they are building up to a hell of a season finale. I could probably do without the deep character, too.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:49 PM 06-25-2022
That episode was amazing. Might be the best of the entire series so far.
[Reply]
BigRichard 05:46 AM 06-26-2022
I thought for sure Soldier Boy was going to maybe decide to team up with Homelander and then they were going to be truly fucked... didn't happen.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:57 AM 06-26-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I thought for sure Soldier Boy was going to maybe decide to team up with Homelander and then they were going to be truly fucked... didn't happen.
Yeah but that fight was cool as shit
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:42 AM 06-27-2022

Soldier Boy's hubris will force him to take 24 V, because he hates to be 2nd best which will kill him or make him permabadass.

The way he looked at it with curiosity is the tippoff and before that he "taking bennies is how we took Normandy"
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 10:26 AM 06-27-2022
I thought for sure Soldier Boy was going to maybe decide to team up with Homelander and then they were going to be truly ****ed... didn't happen.
I don't think it's still out of the realm of possibilities. They seemed to foreshadow some by having crimson say the same to him that maeve said to homelander about always hating him.
[Reply]
Otter 05:08 AM 07-01-2022
Think David Lynch chimed in writing s3e7.
[Reply]
lcarus 06:14 AM 07-01-2022
Well...shit!

Episode 7 was pretty great. Sets up for some real shit to go down next week. It stinks there's only one episode left this season. I get it though. Quality over quantity is always the way.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:10 PM 06-26-2022
MM at the Herogasms was funny as shit.

Frenchie going to be so mad he missed this...lol
[Reply]
staylor26 07:22 PM 06-26-2022
MM at the Herogasms was funny as shit.

Frenchie going to be so mad he missed this...lol
I saw somebody say that MM got some of "father's milk" :-)
[Reply]
Page 19 of 27
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up