ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sutton's Defense Won't Dictate Or Attack
petegz28 06:39 PM 08-17-2018
His defense lacks any sense of toughness and attack. He doesn't dictate anything. When he blitzes he blitzes to blitz and not to dictate what the ofense can and cannot do.

Take Wade Phillips on the other hand. The guy instantly upgrades any defense he coaches regardless of talent. Why? Because he has a defense that dictactes what an offense must do. Not sit back trying to defend against any and everything possible.

Preseason or not, toughness and an attacking mentality are something that shows regardless. Sutton's defenses are soft, reactionary and undisciplined.

How this guy still has a job bogles the minds of most. But I am afraid what we've seen the last few years is what we will see again. Minimal attack, dependency on a turnover. Lots of time on the field defensively.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:33 PM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think Sutton did a good job his first few years as a DC. And I'll push back on anyone who says otherwise. But he looked absolutely lost last year. Sure, injuries were an issue. But he hasn't proven he can succeed once they took away his nickel/dime as a crutch.

I was fine with his defense then. I don't love it now. The game has moved past the McDermotts and Monty Kiffins of the world. I'm still disappointed that even though the game is moving back to a Jim Johnson brand of defense, we completely skipped the boat on that last year. I don't think Sutton will magically become Jim Johnson aggressive just because Reid asks him to.
He looked lost last year because the 2nd best pass rusher after a gimpy Houston was Frank-freaking ZOMBO. Think about that for a minute. You can’t field a good defense with draft picks like Dee Ford. Possibly the worst pick of Dorsey’s tenure and that’s saying a lot when you consider he drafted Peters and a below average tackle first overall.
[Reply]
Bump 09:25 PM 08-17-2018
Just let Eric Berry coach the defense while he's out there and we'd be better off.
[Reply]
007 11:04 PM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I've wanted him gone since the Indy playoff loss. He's done nothing to change my mind.
Fucking this. This is Grob all over again.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 11:07 PM 08-17-2018
If its still like this in week 1, then by all means call him out. I wanted him gone and he's on thin ice - but to try and make these kind of statements after a preseason game in which they were vanilla as fuck again is premature.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:12 PM 08-17-2018
It’s the battered wife defense.

We get slapped and punched in the face repateadely"........but at some point we finally hold and keep them from killing us.
[Reply]
007 11:43 PM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good:
If its still like this in week 1, then by all means call him out. I wanted him gone and he's on thin ice - but to try and make these kind of statements after a preseason game in which they were vanilla as fuck again is premature.
Because the previous 4 seasons have no bearing on this viewpoint?
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:58 PM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Can we at least wait until we aren’t running vanilla gameplans in games that don’t matter to determine this?

Good god pete
This - our nucleus of the D didn't even play. LOL
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:05 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by 007:
You mean the previous 4 seasons during which they also finished 2nd and 3rd overall in points allowed?

Years of Martyball and Alex Smith-like play have ruined this fan base.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:18 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You mean the previous 4 seasons during which they also finished 2nd and 3rd overall in points allowed?

Years of Martyball and Alex Smith-like play have ruined this fan base.
There was a window earlier yesterday where we got to use 'RRPP' - so that was pretty neat.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 12:19 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by 007:
I wouldnt say that those 4 seasons have all been awful. Given the personnel and injuries he's had to deal with. Again im not looking to crown the dude. I wanted him gone. But im not gonna freak out after a preseason game.
[Reply]
007 12:36 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good:
I wouldnt say that those 4 seasons have all been awful. Given the personnel and injuries he's had to deal with. Again im not looking to crown the dude. I wanted him gone. But im not gonna freak out after a preseason game.
Freak out? I'm not freaking out. I'm just saying how I feel about the team. I personally expect a down season this year.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:18 AM 08-18-2018
So are the missing starters going to be ready for week 1?

I'm in no mood for another year of pussy defense. If the corners got rave reviews all camp and the new pieces are able to stop the run occasionally, you would think it would at least be better than last year.
[Reply]
TEX 06:26 AM 08-18-2018
The JAG Colllection could be the second coming of GRob's defense. Its that bad.
[Reply]
wazu 06:48 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
There is no hope for this _efense under Sutton. It will be GRob bad. :-)
Okay no. Nothing on earth, is GRob bad. Except GRob. I have my issues with Sutton, but GRob might as well have not even shown up to work at all during his time here. Just tell the players to line up and improvise.
[Reply]
bricks 06:50 AM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Dammit you did his homework for him!:-)
At least htis was nice, unlike you asshole

And Thank you htis
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up