ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 14
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sutton's Defense Won't Dictate Or Attack
petegz28 06:39 PM 08-17-2018
His defense lacks any sense of toughness and attack. He doesn't dictate anything. When he blitzes he blitzes to blitz and not to dictate what the ofense can and cannot do.

Take Wade Phillips on the other hand. The guy instantly upgrades any defense he coaches regardless of talent. Why? Because he has a defense that dictactes what an offense must do. Not sit back trying to defend against any and everything possible.

Preseason or not, toughness and an attacking mentality are something that shows regardless. Sutton's defenses are soft, reactionary and undisciplined.

How this guy still has a job bogles the minds of most. But I am afraid what we've seen the last few years is what we will see again. Minimal attack, dependency on a turnover. Lots of time on the field defensively.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:40 PM 08-17-2018
I've wanted him gone since the Indy playoff loss. He's done nothing to change my mind.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:44 PM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
His defense lacks any sense of toughness and attack. He doesn't dictate anything. When he blitzes he blitzes to blitz and not to dictate what the ofense can and cannot do.

Take Wade Phillips on the other hand. The guy instantly upgrades any defense he coaches regardless of talent. Why? Because he has a defense that dictactes what an offense must do. Not sit back trying to defend against any and everything possible.

Preseason or not, toughness and an attacking mentality are something that shows regardless. Sutton's defenses are soft, reactionary and undisciplined.

How this guy still has a job bogles the minds of most. But I am afraid what we've seen the last few years is what we will see again. Minimal attack, dependency on a turnover. Lots of time on the field defensively.
I hated the shit out of last years defense.

But in fairness, it's preseason and Andy Reid promised we'd be much more aggressive and attacking. In this case I don't think we're showing our full hand.
[Reply]
-King- 06:46 PM 08-17-2018
The funny thing is Suttons defenses have been just as good as Wade Phillips over the past 5 years even though Phillips has had more talent.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:47 PM 08-17-2018
is this guy Marcus Smith any good? SEA just cut him for "personal reasons"
[Reply]
petegz28 06:47 PM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I hated the shit out of last years defense.

But in fairness, it's preseason and Andy Reid promised we'd be much more aggressive and attacking. In this case I don't think we're showing our full hand.
Sorry, not buying it. Toughness is a mentality and something that carries through in every play. This team is still soft. We aren't showing any hand, let alone our full hand.
[Reply]
TEX 06:47 PM 08-17-2018
There is no hope for this _efense under Sutton. It will be GRob bad. :-)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:47 PM 08-17-2018
Can we just trade for Khalil Mack? lol
[Reply]
petegz28 06:48 PM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
The funny thing is Suttons defenses have been just as good as Wade Phillips over the past 5 years even though Phillips has had more talent.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, we ranked right up there with Denver's defenses under Phillips :-)
[Reply]
-King- 06:48 PM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, we ranked right up there with Denver's defenses under Phillips :-)
...we do. You can compare points allowed per game if you want.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
petegz28 06:49 PM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Can we just trade for Khalil Mack? lol
I'm afraid that even if we did, Sutton would just drop him into coverage...
[Reply]
RunKC 06:49 PM 08-17-2018
Can we at least wait until we aren’t running vanilla gameplans in games that don’t matter to determine this?

Good god pete
[Reply]
Best22 06:50 PM 08-17-2018
Posted via Mobile Device
When did we have a unit like the 2015 Broncos?
[Reply]
Bowser 06:50 PM 08-17-2018
Posted via Mobile Device
Statistically, yes.

Personally, I just can't stand this "Bend but Don't Break" shit philosophy. Give me an aggressive defense that will swing and miss from time to time over a defense that only stiffens up from the 20 in. Add in to this particular defense that they seemingly can't get third down stops ever (yeah, yeah...preseason) and you have a real cause for concern this year.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:50 PM 08-17-2018
...we do. You can compare points allowed per game if you want.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thsi has already been discussed thoroughly in other threads...but you hang onto this if it makes you feel better
[Reply]
Page 1 of 14
1 234511 > Last »
Up