Yes 59 41.84%
No 79 56.03%
**** Question 2: Do you care? **** 8 5.67%
Yes 110 78.01%
No 26 18.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Are you fat? Do you care?
TLO 03:00 PM 08-16-2018
Poll
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:02 AM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
I don’t know why someone hasn’t engineered an intestinal parasite that helps with weight loss but can easily be killed and passed when you meet your target weight.
They already have successfully used nano tech in trials in mice. Nothing approved for humans. Going to be a while.
[Reply]
Unclesam 09:14 AM 08-17-2018
5'11" and 187lbs. I lift several days a week and most of it is muscle. Everyone that guesses my weight always guesses way low usually like 15-20lbs low. I wasn't super strict with my diet though and started getting a double chin despite having abs. I haven't stepped on the scale real recently but I guarantee it's down probably ~180.

Drank probably 3-4 sodas per week. Decided to cut out soda. It's actually been really easy to do. I just drink coffee and tea instead. Black coffee and unsweetened tea. No problem. I also was drinking several beers / mixes per week. I've limited myself to ONE on Friday night till I'm happy with the pudge lost.

It's kind of all had a snoball effect the last couple weeks. I've drank more water as a result and became more disciplined to not eat ANY junk in the past couple weeks. I also had a habit of eating before bed and completely cut that out and as a result I'm hungrier in the morning so back to scrambling eggs.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:27 AM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Wow, do you disappear when you turn sideways?:-)
Eh, I'm definitely a thin guy, but it doesn't take much to start looking flabby. I'm mostly a nerdy guy with a desk job (though I do ski and hike a lot), so I won't be winning any arm wrestling contests, and fat takes up a lot more space than muscle. If I hit 190, I look noticeably "puffy" in comparison.

That's really the biggest issue with defining "fat" by weight though. One of my best friends was a shot put and hammer thrower at K-State. He was a giant slab of muscle. But according to all the BMI charts, he was morbidly obese. :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:33 AM 08-17-2018
I thought I was fat as a 5'11 175lb 18 year old.

If only that bastard could see himself then as a 6'0.5 220lb'er now.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:39 AM 08-17-2018
only in America do we not think we are fat, when we are fat. make excuses. if you don't like the BMI, go get your body fat tested. get dunked underwater and do that body fat test. you will be fucking fat. if you come back less than 15% body fat. then you can say you aren't fat . but you will be fatter than that
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:48 AM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
I don’t know why someone hasn’t engineered an intestinal parasite that helps with weight loss but can easily be killed and passed when you meet your target weight.
Sounds like the plot of the next SyFy Original
[Reply]
Dayze 09:58 AM 08-17-2018
6'1" about 265.
I could/should probably drop about 40lbs and I'd be pretty content with that.

haven't really actively tried to lose any; just changed up what I eat and how much I drink and dropped about 8lbs. I guess if I were to add in some moderate exercise I could do something about it. But right now, I have a mountain of stuff going on, to the point I'm so stressed I can't even sleep most nights. hopefully some things will work themselves out in a couple of months and that stress will be gone.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:28 AM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by Dayze:
6'1" about 265.
I could/should probably drop about 40lbs and I'd be pretty content with that.

haven't really actively tried to lose any; just changed up what I eat and how much I drink and dropped about 8lbs. I guess if I were to add in some moderate exercise I could do something about it. But right now, I have a mountain of stuff going on, to the point I'm so stressed I can't even sleep most nights. hopefully some things will work themselves out in a couple of months and that stress will be gone.
If your serious about dropping weight using "stress" as an excuse is in reality an excuse. I know I'm the pot calling the kettle black until 7 months ago.

I quit smoking cigarettes the first time I tried. Quit smoking weed and doing drugs first time I tried. So I had the willpower but I chose to spend a DECADE being really really fat.

I use to think the same thing. It's a natural occurring feeling. I got enough shit going on in my life, I'm not adding trying to lose some weight to that stress. Its a normal feeling that you need to fight against.

If I can do it after so long and being 59 now, I think anyone can lose weight.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:29 AM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
you know this is not normal, Right? You need to get a second opinion or third till they find the cause. I dealt with a lot of Chrons deisease patients. Lots of parasites in the intestines can interfere with metabolism. There is a scientific reason. Find it.

Of course it's not "normal". I've had every test you can name off….Wife is a former MSN RN. She was as concerned as anyone. Everything comes out fine. I feel GREAT! It's not as if I was "sickly" or anything. Hell, I'm in my 70s.

Guess that weird shit just happens when you get "old"….. :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:18 AM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by joombo:
I need to lose a few pounds and it bothers me a lot. I started attending the gym a few weeks ago and keep on a healthy diet. Now I had to take homemade low-calorie food even at work .I ordered sprcial containers for that. Luckily my wife is a great cooker.
Welcome to chiefs Planet!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:23 AM 08-17-2018
Overweight, up to around 354 last time I checked.

Someone please help....
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:39 AM 08-17-2018
5’9”, 138 lbs (37 years old).

I do a version of the 5/2 fasting eating plan... regular eating on Fridays/Saturdays, <400 calories on Sundays and then <700 calories on Mondays through Thursdays.

I lost about 60 pounds two years ago when I started on this eating plan and I’ve been able to keep it off.

As long as you make sure to maximize your protein intake (and minimize sugar) on the low calorie intake days it is manageable.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:49 AM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If your serious about dropping weight using "stress" as an excuse is in reality an excuse. I know I'm the pot calling the kettle black until 7 months ago.

I quit smoking cigarettes the first time I tried. Quit smoking weed and doing drugs first time I tried. So I had the willpower but I chose to spend a DECADE being really really fat.

I use to think the same thing. It's a natural occurring feeling. I got enough shit going on in my life, I'm not adding trying to lose some weight to that stress. Its a normal feeling that you need to fight against.

If I can do it after so long and being 59 now, I think anyone can lose weight.
True.
stress, and time (another excuse).
I leave for work at 7am; get home around 5:30 or 6; work is nutty all day non-stop; been house hunting the last 3 months and have looked at 68 houses and offered on 8 different ones to no avail. Trying to move before December.;. some nights by the time I get home, eat dinner and clean up, it's 7:30 or 8:00pm, and I'm usually in bed around 9 or 930. Just super fatigued the last year or so. and two weeks ago we found out my dad might be on the verge of being diagnosed with cancer (so, all that worry as well).Still pending some results of tests.

hell, I'm a motorcyclist and usually do about 12-15k miles per year, and I haven't even started my bike since early early April let alone ride it.

right now, my life is list trying to jam 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bucket.
lol

no excuse; I'm sure people do it all the time (finding time to exercise); but I just don't think i could do it right now with my fatigue level.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:57 AM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
5’9”, 138 lbs (37 years old).

I do a version of the 5/2 fasting eating plan... regular eating on Fridays/Saturdays, <400 calories on Sundays and then <700 calories on Mondays through Thursdays.

I lost about 60 pounds two years ago when I started on this eating plan and I’ve been able to keep it off.

As long as you make sure to maximize your protein intake (and minimize sugar) on the low calorie intake days it is manageable.
Fuck dude. You really think you need to be fasting 5 days out of the week? You're manorexic already.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:03 PM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
**** dude. You really think you need to be fasting 5 days out of the week? You're manorexic already.
Yeah I know it sounds crazy, but it makes it easier in terms of weight loss maintenance to stick to a routine.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up