ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Urban Meyer having chest pains
Bewbies 09:44 AM 08-01-2018
Chest pains report unconfirmed following this report.

Text messages I have obtained, an exclusive interview w/the victim & other information I have learned shows Ohio State coach Urban Meyer knew in 2015 of domestic abuse allegations against a member of his coaching staff despite his denial last week https://t.co/fcxi8GKyeI

— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) August 1, 2018

He's trending on twitter, and most everyone is taking the under as to if he makes it to kickoff for the 2018 season now. :-)
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 08:04 AM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
Who's to say Urban Meyer even believed the abuse? That 2nd pic is obviously doctored ketchup. Usually people who will fabricate evidence like that aren't to be believed or trusted. I'm inclined to believe the entire story is bullshit, and likely he did too.
Cool, a victim blamer. :-)

Whether or not he believed anything is irrelevant. It is his job and mandated by his contract to report it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:44 AM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
Who's to say Urban Meyer even believed the abuse? That 2nd pic is obviously doctored ketchup. Usually people who will fabricate evidence like that aren't to be believed or trusted. I'm inclined to believe the entire story is bullshit, and likely he did too.
Idiot
[Reply]
ohiobronco2 02:52 PM 08-03-2018
Urban just released a statement. Gene Smith may be the fall guy.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:04 PM 08-03-2018
Ohio State and Urban are full of shit. Of course he knew everything. His wife did so he did. I mean no way she would have told him nothing when all the coaches staffs old ladies all know.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:07 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Ohio State and Urban are full of shit. Of course he knew everything. His wife did so he did. I mean no way she would have told him nothing when all the coaches staffs old ladies all know.
Yup...he's trying to a) save face for another coaching gig after OSU or b) flip this entire thing on to Gene Smith in a completely dick move.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:09 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2:
Urban just released a statement. Gene Smith may be the fall guy.
If Urban reported to TIX, neither of them should lose their jobs. That’s what he’s supposed to do.

If TIX didn’t make a recommendation for termination, Urban did nothing wrong even though I’d disagree with having someone with Smith’s track record as a coach.
[Reply]
Bewbies 03:09 PM 08-03-2018
There’s nearly $40,000,000 at stake here. This will be interesting.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:09 PM 08-03-2018
It looks to me like he's steering into the skid to save his cash at the expense of his job.

I think he knows there's no way he comes back. There was no credible argument to make that he had no idea. He could've tried to pin it on his wife and she could've even put on a brave face and lied about it, but not after how frequently he talks about her impact on him and even the OSU program. That was just a complete non-starter.

So he goes out there and rather than 'deny deny deny' as he had at Media Days, he says "Yup, I lied at Media day and I knew about his 2015 incidents but reported them..."

He's putting it back at OSU's feet on an argument over termination with cause. "Hey, lying at media days is a fireable offense, nor is hiring an asshole - I told you guys what he did and you did nothing about it. That's on you."

Now I think he probably loses that fight when it's all said and done, but if he can make the prospect of the fight ugly enough for a school with a multi-billion dollar endowment, they'll reach a negotiated buyout of the remainder of his deal and he walks away with a few million bucks in his pocket.

I think that's a calculated move on his part to eschew any further attempts at saving his job outright and in so doing improve his chances of getting some money on the way out the door.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:11 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
If Urban reported to TIX, neither of them should lose their jobs. That’s what he’s supposed to do.
Urban acknowledged that he knew about domestic incidents in 2009 but that he though Smith deserved a second chance.

Now he's admitting he knew about the 2015 incident as well. Now even if he wasn't aware of the alleged multiple incidents in between (which strains credibility, but we'll assume it for the sake of argument), he STILL chose to retain a coach that had now demonstrated a pattern of domestic abuse.

His job is as a leader and molder of young men. Like hell he shouldn't lose his job.

There's absolutely no reason Zach Smith should've remained on that staff. That alone is reason enough to fire Meyer know that he's acknoweldged being aware of more than once incident of domestic violence.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:14 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Urban acknowledged that he knew about domestic incidents in 2009 but that he though Smith deserved a second chance.

Now he's admitting he knew about the 2015 incident as well. Now even if he wasn't aware of the alleged multiple incidents in between (which strains credibility, but we'll assume it for the sake of argument), he STILL chose to retain a coach that had now demonstrated a pattern of domestic abuse.

His job is as a leader and molder of young men. Like hell he shouldn't lose his job.

There's absolutely no reason Zach Smith should've remained on that staff. That alone is reason enough to fire Meyer know that he's acknoweldged being aware of more than once incident of domestic violence.
If TIX was aware of everything and let him hire Smith, that’s an administration problem that goes well beyond Smith and Urban.

I don’t agree with Urban’s decision of hiring Smith. Or players in the NFL who beat women who play and are on rosters(ie: Tyreek Hill).
[Reply]
vailpass 03:18 PM 08-03-2018

If TIX didn’t make a recommendation for termination, Urban did nothing wrong even though I’d disagree with having someone with Smith’s track record as a coach.
Yep.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 03:21 PM 08-03-2018
Urban's statement proves he knew and proves he lied about knowing. Urban fired Smith only when it became reported. If Smith's actions were fireable, why didn't Urban fire him when he found out? Hmmmm...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:22 PM 08-03-2018
If TIX was aware of everything and let him hire Smith, that’s an administration problem that goes well beyond Smith and Urban.

I don’t agree with Urban’s decision of hiring Smith. Or players in the NFL who beat women who play and are on rosters(ie: Tyreek Hill).
He made an active decision to hire and routinely extend Smith. He doesn't get to just pass the buck to the Title IX folks and say 'well you let me'.

It demonstrates spectacularly poor judgment from someone who is the public face of a billion dollar, taxpayer subsidized institution.

I'm not saying there's an automatic clause that will mandate his termination. I'm saying that if the board of that University has any sense of moral fiber at all, they'll do it anyway. You cannot hire a guy you know has domestic violence issues in his past and then when he does it AGAIN you just pass it up the chain and hand-waive it.

Whether Title IX did it or not, Urban Meyer should have gotten rid of him the moment he heard about a later incident. Even in the unlikely event that the 2015 incident was the first one he knew about, he should've fired Smith right then because he DOES have plenary authority over his coaching staff. He chose not to and then lied about what he knew.

Please explain to me how the hell he should not lose his job over that?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:23 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
Urban's statement proves he knew and proves he lied about knowing. Urban fired Smith only when it became reported. If Smith's actions were fireable, why didn't Urban fire him when he found out? Hmmmm...
Again, they should have been firable but Urban/Smith made the decision not to even though they were aware of incidents.

Blame the TIX office and HR for allowing him to be hired and kept on the staff in the first place.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Please explain to me how the hell he should not lose his job over that?
I’ll send you a PM involving a personal story of mine to explain my view later on today.

What I will say before that is should Reid lose his job for allowing Tyreek Hill to be on the roster?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:25 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yep.
So because it wasn't required by law that he fire Smith you believe he should face no repercussions for the decision he made that has put his program and his entire University directly in the public line of fire?

And that's not even speaking to his decision to place a man with a pattern of domestic violence in a leadership position responsible for the development of young men.

That's just insane. Of course he deserves to be fired for this. His loyalty to a dead coach convinced him to cover for a fucking fungible WRs coach and in the process he's going to cost his university millions in fees and lost good will. That's absolutely fireable.

The 2nd highest paid head coach in college football (maybe 3rd now) does not have his responsibility for his subordinates end at simply passing a memo up the chain.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up