ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Griddles
Fire Me Boy! 11:12 AM 07-31-2018
Anyone have one of these outdoor (or indoor, I don't care how you use it) griddles like the Blackstone? Basically, it's a propane fired steel griddle in various sizes - I have a 36". If you've ever been to a hibachi restaurant where they cook in front of you, basically one of those.

This is a place for sharing. What do you have, what do you like to cook on it?

I broke mine in this weekend with some fried rice, KC strip, and mixed veggies. It wasn't perfect, but it was damn good.

I'm thinking about doing some smashburgers this weekend, or maybe a big breakfast - bacon, french toast, hash browns.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:55 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I know this will be dependent on heat settings. Does this thing burn through tanks like crazy?
No more than any 4-burner gas grill would if you were using all 4 burners.

The regulator is a standard .5 PSI gas grill regulator so its fuel consumption is pretty much exactly the same. It puts the heat into the steel instead of ambient air.

Now if you do the mod with the 5 and 10 PSI regulators, yeah - you'll tear through fuel. And you're past the unit's operational guidelines so you're also burning fuel less efficiently (the air gates into the bars are only going to open as much as they'd need to efficiently run .5 PSI). So if you start pumping 3-4 PSI into those bars, you'll get more heat but you'll be running really rich and really inefficiently because even with wide open air gates at the front of the bars, there's only so much air that can be drawn through the opening.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:58 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Wow!
Raw sugar and olive oil I presume?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:59 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Raw sugar and olive oil I presume?
That's what it looks like to me.
[Reply]
In58men 02:08 PM 08-02-2018
I would use butter

/pauladeen
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:11 PM 08-02-2018
My local Wal Mart had four in stock and now they have three. They’re priced at $247. I bought a five piece set of a scraper, two spatulas, and two squirt bottles. Now I need a cover and a few other things.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:13 PM 08-02-2018
My local Wal Mart had four in stock and now they have three.
:-)
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:19 PM 08-02-2018
It’s been years since I bought a propane tank. What’s the price on a new one and refills?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:21 PM 08-02-2018
It’s been years since I bought a propane tank. What’s the price on a new one and refills?
New tanks are about $50. Refills are usually around $20.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:21 PM 08-02-2018
It's all exchange now. Around here about $25
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:22 PM 08-02-2018
Did you get a cover or anything? Would suggest you set something on the griddle to prop up the cover, especially when it rains. Found out yesterday the cover isn't especially waterproof, and water will pool in the griddle unless there's something creating a runoff slope.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:23 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
It's all exchange now. Around here about $25
You have to have a tank to exchange, so you have to pay for the first one. My Lowe's has them for $49.
[Reply]
Dunit35 02:32 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Did you get a cover or anything? Would suggest you set something on the griddle to prop up the cover, especially when it rains. Found out yesterday the cover isn't especially waterproof, and water will pool in the griddle unless there's something creating a runoff slope.
Not yet. Saw one on Amazon.

Blackstone Signature Griddle Accessories - 36 Inch Grill and Griddle Cover - Heavy Duty 600 D Polyester - Black (Fits Similar Sized Barbecue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RHG45S..._lN2yBbCF813A4

This one looks alright.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:34 PM 08-02-2018
Not yet. Saw one on Amazon.

Blackstone Signature Griddle Accessories - 36 Inch Grill and Griddle Cover - Heavy Duty 600 D Polyester - Black (Fits Similar Sized Barbecue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RHG45S..._lN2yBbCF813A4

This one looks alright.
That's what I got, and it's pretty heavy duty. Just make sure you prop it up so rain runs off rather than pooling on the steel. I'm just using a milk jug right now.
[Reply]
Donger 02:37 PM 08-02-2018
Unless you're cooking for 20, what's the point of this thing?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:39 PM 08-02-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
Unless you're cooking for 20, what's the point of this thing?
You can do hibachi at home with this thing.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up