ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Griddles
Fire Me Boy! 11:12 AM 07-31-2018
Anyone have one of these outdoor (or indoor, I don't care how you use it) griddles like the Blackstone? Basically, it's a propane fired steel griddle in various sizes - I have a 36". If you've ever been to a hibachi restaurant where they cook in front of you, basically one of those.

This is a place for sharing. What do you have, what do you like to cook on it?

I broke mine in this weekend with some fried rice, KC strip, and mixed veggies. It wasn't perfect, but it was damn good.

I'm thinking about doing some smashburgers this weekend, or maybe a big breakfast - bacon, french toast, hash browns.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:28 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Is this the third ****ing thread you've posted a picture of this ****ing griddle in???
YOU CHILL OUT RIGHT NOW - he should! it's gorgeous!
[Reply]
Buzz 08:44 PM 07-31-2018
I'll agree with Red, that's a nice rig. That being said, I miss my metal spatula, it broke but it was about a 40 year old hand me down. Gonna half to pick another one up but I preferd the thinner blade.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:07 AM 08-01-2018
Is this the third fucking thread you've posted a picture of this fucking griddle in???

Yes, but I wanted more input from folks who may griddle.
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:42 AM 08-01-2018
This looks awesome. What’s the weight of this griddle? I’m wanting one now. Curious if it would be easy to transport.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:48 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
This looks awesome. What’s the weight of this griddle? I’m wanting one now. Curious if it would be easy to transport.
It's 100 lbs. plus. Amazon says 120. They make smaller models meant for travel, but they also made this to fold up and travel, too.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:50 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
When I get rich, I'm putting a hibachi / table in my kitchen, complete with the little hole in the corner to put my waste into.
Posted via Mobile Device
Champagne wishes and caviar dreams
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:50 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
It's 100 lbs. plus. Amazon says 120. They make smaller models meant for travel, but they also made this to fold up and travel, too.
Thanks. Does Amazon run deals on these? Your model looks to be $325 right now.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:51 AM 08-01-2018
Is this the third ****ing thread you've posted a picture of this ****ing griddle in???
Jealous?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:53 AM 08-01-2018
Thanks. Does Amazon run deals on these? Your model looks to be $325 right now.
They're normally $250-$299. I got mine on a Prime Day deal for $199. Price appears to be up right now because even Blackstone is out of stock on several models.
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:58 AM 08-01-2018
They're normally $250-$299. I got mine on a Prime Day deal for $199. Price appears to be up right now because even Blackstone is out of stock on several models.
Looks like I’m going to wait then.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:06 AM 08-01-2018
Looks like I’m going to wait then.
You might check your local Walmarts. They sell them, too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:10 AM 08-01-2018
God damn it, I need one of these like a hole in the head, but this needs to happen.

How hard are they to clean? Does the grease and shit just come off the front or that hole in the back wall?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:20 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
God damn it, I need one of these like a hole in the head, but this needs to happen.

How hard are they to clean? Does the grease and shit just come off the front or that hole in the back wall?
If you get it while it's hot (like while your protein rests), it's really easy to clean. Just some hot water, a scraper for anything stuck on, and re-season.

That hole in the back leads to a grease trap. We just pull that out and rinse it, then pop it in the dishwasher. The trap is pretty big, so it's good for like shrimp tails and whatnot, too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:00 AM 08-01-2018
If you get it while it's hot (like while your protein rests), it's really easy to clean. Just some hot water, a scraper for anything stuck on, and re-season.

That hole in the back leads to a grease trap. We just pull that out and rinse it, then pop it in the dishwasher. The trap is pretty big, so it's good for like shrimp tails and whatnot, too.
Cool man. Thanks!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:09 AM 08-01-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Cool man. Thanks!
The version you're likely to find at Wal-Mart right now is slightly different. They have a grease trap on the right side and a channel in the front. So the larger pieces on that setup are a little more difficult to deal with but I prefer having that front channel to get grease into while I'm cooking.

He has the updated model that's been out for a month or so. For me personally that model would be a bit of a pain in the ass because the back of mine us up against the rail on my deck so the 'old' version was the way to go. I'd have to slide it out everytime I wanted to get to that grease trap. So depending on where you intend to set yours up, you may want to try to find the style with the right side grease catch and front channel.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up