ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Griddles
Fire Me Boy! 11:12 AM 07-31-2018
Anyone have one of these outdoor (or indoor, I don't care how you use it) griddles like the Blackstone? Basically, it's a propane fired steel griddle in various sizes - I have a 36". If you've ever been to a hibachi restaurant where they cook in front of you, basically one of those.

This is a place for sharing. What do you have, what do you like to cook on it?

I broke mine in this weekend with some fried rice, KC strip, and mixed veggies. It wasn't perfect, but it was damn good.

I'm thinking about doing some smashburgers this weekend, or maybe a big breakfast - bacon, french toast, hash browns.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:50 PM 08-04-2018
I did omelettes this morning. Tomorrow, cheese steaks for lunch, shrimp and rice for dinner.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 07:18 PM 08-04-2018
I want a monster black iron griddle to slide over my grill top. Something you could really sling some hash.
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:34 PM 08-04-2018
Them fajitas were top notch but there is no way the temperature was very high. I had it set on high but it didn’t seem all that hot.

Didn’t have a temp gauge to check it though.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:18 AM 08-05-2018
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Them fajitas were top notch but there is no way the temperature was very high. I had it set on high but it didn’t seem all that hot.

Check to make sure all your burners were lit. I've read that can be a problem. I've also read that the regulator isn't great.
[Reply]
In58men 07:54 AM 08-05-2018
I’ll be buying my griddle in the next couple weeks. Can’t wait.
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:31 AM 08-05-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Check to make sure all your burners were lit. I've read that can be a problem. I've also read that the regulator isn't great.
All the burners were lit. I will say the left two burners were hotter than the right two. I’ll have to buy a temp gauge.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:35 AM 08-05-2018
I've had a little trouble getting mine to light consistently. I just replaced the regulator.
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:58 AM 08-05-2018
I've had a little trouble getting mine to light consistently. I just replaced the regulator.
The top right corner isn’t even seasoned. It’s obviously not getting all that hot in that area.

I know when I first seasoned it the griddle was putting out some serious heat. 2nd time not so much. I’m trying again tonight with fried rice.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:04 AM 08-05-2018
The top right corner isn’t even seasoned. It’s obviously not getting all that hot in that area.

I know when I first seasoned it the griddle was putting out some serious heat. 2nd time not so much. I’m trying again tonight with fried rice.
The most trouble I've had is that right burner.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:34 AM 08-05-2018
Cheese steaks turned out well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM 08-05-2018

Get an IR thermometer for $15 on amazon. Make sure it has a range to at least 700 but you'll never hit that.

If you're not in/around at least 450 when you've got everything wide open for about 5 minutes, then you're having some issues. Adjust the air gates on the front of the bars to where you get the most steady blue flame possible (for me it was about 3/4 open).

And like I said - consider building a rig to block the sides off. You lose a ton of heat from the underside of the griddle, especially if you're in a breezy area. That's how I got into the 500+ range.

There's also a safety stop that sometimes kicks in if you have the bottle open or a burner on when you screw the regulator onto the propane. If you can't hear the burners pumping propane at full throat, there's something wrong. Turn everything off, disconnect everything, wait a couple of minutes and reconnect. It'll be fine.

And again - for some weird reason mine got much hotter once it was seasoned all across the griddle.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:13 AM 08-05-2018
Yeah, it sounds like he's bypassed a regulator.

Take it off and shake the shit out of it. Make sure your bottle is all the way off. Reinstall the hose and then open the bottle slowly.

Is probably just shitty and weak
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:20 AM 08-05-2018
Yeah. It’s for if the product goes too fast like if a hose comes off or something.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:48 AM 08-05-2018
We replaced the regulator this morning and have fired it up three times with no issues. I think the regulator is junk.
[Reply]
Dunit35 03:39 PM 08-05-2018
We replaced the regulator this morning and have fired it up three times with no issues. I think the regulator is junk.
What regulator did you go with?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up