ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 16
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Griddles
Fire Me Boy! 11:12 AM 07-31-2018
Anyone have one of these outdoor (or indoor, I don't care how you use it) griddles like the Blackstone? Basically, it's a propane fired steel griddle in various sizes - I have a 36". If you've ever been to a hibachi restaurant where they cook in front of you, basically one of those.

This is a place for sharing. What do you have, what do you like to cook on it?

I broke mine in this weekend with some fried rice, KC strip, and mixed veggies. It wasn't perfect, but it was damn good.

I'm thinking about doing some smashburgers this weekend, or maybe a big breakfast - bacon, french toast, hash browns.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:16 AM 07-31-2018
that's an awesome idea / add to the backyard. I would love to get something like that.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:22 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Dayze:
that's an awesome idea / add to the backyard. I would love to get something like that.
It was a lot of fun. Hot, but fun. I need a roof over my patio.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:25 AM 07-31-2018
I got the same exact one on Prime Day and finally fired it up on Sunday. I love it and won't go back to my hardly used grill anytime soon. I made hibachi chicken and ribeye steak as well.
[Reply]
loochy 11:26 AM 07-31-2018
When I get rich, I'm putting a hibachi / table in my kitchen, complete with the little hole in the corner to put my waste into.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:31 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I got the same exact one on Prime Day and finally fired it up on Sunday. I love it and won't go back to my hardly used grill anytime soon. I made hibachi chicken and ribeye steak as well.
That Prime Day deal was what I got. My mom bought it for me for my 40th birthday.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:32 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
When I get rich, I'm putting a hibachi / table in my kitchen, complete with the little hole in the corner to put my waste into.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, if I ever build a house, I'll have a big ass griddle like that with a bomb-ass vent hood.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:43 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
Posted via Mobile Device
Here was the results of my first cook:

Mixed veg - farmers market squash, carrots sliced 1/8” on the mandoline, sliced mushrooms, and onions. Medium grain rice cooked in the rice cooker with butter. KC strip.

I heated first burner to low, two center burners to medium high, and fourth burner off. Next time, I might go med-high on the two left, then low, then off to get better heat zones.

I set up with a damp rag, safflower oil, sesame oil, sake, and garlic butter, with all my ingredients prepped.

I started with the oil and onions. Once they were sautéed, moved them into two piles to the low side. Dumped in the rice and mixed in one pile of onions and green onions, seasoned with furikake rice seasoning. Tossed that for a few minutes, added a hunk of garlic butter and let that melt in before moving that to the low side of the griddle where the bottom could get crispy.

Next, I dumped all the veg into the middle and added the second pile of onions. About this time, I put the steak in the center back of the griddle to start searing. I tossed the veg with garlic butter, doused with sake, and tossed for a minute or so, then moved everything to the off side.

Finished up the steak on both sides and sliced, more garlic butter.

Then I moved everything in its turn to the center and tossed everything with soy sauce. I moved everything to the tray as I got it done.

Next time, I'm going to add some house seasoning to the mix (salt, pepper, garlic powder). Everything was a little under seasoned, even though I used the full-salt soy sauce.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:50 AM 07-31-2018
you have GOT to get some shaved ribeyes and do up a philly!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:51 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
you have GOT to get some shaved ribeyes and do up a philly!
That's on my list!
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:52 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
That's on my list!
Nice - that thing is sweet!
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:52 AM 07-31-2018
Get some scrapple on there, fry it up, then throw it over there in the corner where a racoon will eat it
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:55 AM 07-31-2018
How hot does it get? Can you use that to sear instead of cast iron?
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:58 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
That Prime Day deal was what I got. My mom bought it for me for my 40th birthday.

It was a great deal I thought. I am going to make diner\smash hamburgers tonight I think and cook those on med-high to high with some grilled onions. It should only take a few minutes :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:59 AM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
How hot does it get? Can you use that to sear instead of cast iron?

They said max is 560 F I believe
[Reply]
Page 1 of 16
1 234511 > Last »
Up