ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. [re-hired]
Direckshun 02:16 PM 07-20-2018
Bunch of old tweets surfaced after some conservative activist outed some of his tweets from 2009-2012 making gross pedophilia jokes. Gunn hates President Trump's guts, so he was targeted by the group.

Somebody else here can post the tweets, as I'm on my phone, but mostly it reads like mindless stupidity, but yeah -- they were totally made in public on Twitter and Gunn works (worked) for Disney now, so.

I've got mixed feelings, but it's hard to argue that Gunn didn't deserve the ax, even though it's going to hurt the quality of one of the best movie properties out there.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:27 PM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Right wing SJWs

You libs started this, now they're just playing along.

Fight fire with fire?
Iron Law of Life: Me Today, You Tomorrow.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:31 PM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Nah, the left actually holds their own accountable.

[Reply]
digger 05:16 PM 07-20-2018
In before DC...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:26 PM 07-20-2018
:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 07:02 PM 07-20-2018
I'm tired of everyone else caring so much about other individuals words. WORDS.I don't fucking care.
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:08 PM 07-20-2018
god damnit. this is why we can't have nice things.

reaason #4,583,211 don't put shit on social media. it will be seen by someone, somewhere, sometime.

please don't let JJ touch guardians...........fuck.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:47 PM 07-20-2018
This seems....silly. I mean, I get that the shit he was saying is crass, but come on...we're holding shit people said online 10 years ago against them now? :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:00 PM 07-20-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This seems....silly. I mean, I get that the shit he was saying is crass, but come on...we're holding shit people said online 10 years ago against them now? :-)
Are you new?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:00 PM 07-20-2018
Those tweets are hilarious!

People need to get over shit, this shit is dumb.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:00 PM 07-20-2018
yup that's exactly my point. this is kind of a disturbing trend right now.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:10 PM 07-20-2018
Parroting reddit here, but I wonder if Taika will get a look for directing it. He'd do it justice.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:42 AM 07-21-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Fired for Twitter posts from ten years ago. Posts which had been deleted years ago. So they had to be dug up as part of a hit piece.

I hope my current bosses never look at anything I posted here in 2001.

It's funny how people who forgive all of Trump's bullshit think this is justified. Gotta have rules! But only for everybody else.
You’ve got to be kidding.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:44 AM 07-21-2018
Josh Hader, a young player for the Brewers, is currently being crucified for stupid/offensive tweets he made five years ago, when he was 17 - dropped some N-bombs (referring to himself), one that was homophobic! (again, directed at himself - I'm gay AF), one using the dreaded P-word! and one where he talked about a woman snorting coke off his dick. The worst, and obviously most foolish, simply said "KKK #white power." Bad? Stupid? Sure. But he was 17. When you're 17 posting racist shit, it's probably more a reflection of what you've learned/heard from your parents or your environment. But in any event, he was SEVENTEEN. Not stopping the media and the SJWs from having a field day with him.

According to IMDb, Gunn is currently 51. So when he was making jokes about fucking little boys, he was in his 40s. Or as Jeff Gundy might say, he was a grown ass man, and already involved in the entertainment industry. Sorry, but you shouldn't get a pass for that. Frankly, I wouldn't give a 17 year old kid a pass for that one, either. Child molestation is a whole different level of fucked up.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:53 AM 07-21-2018
He already publicly apologized for it in 2012. Disney has known about it for years. So why did they wait till now to fire him?

Disney also made a film 24 years ago with a convicted child molester Victor Salva. Powder.

Something is fishy about this whole thing.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:55 AM 07-21-2018
How is this not in DC yet??
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up