ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 181
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The 2018 NFL Draft Thread**** (No Spoilers)
Dante84 04:15 PM 04-25-2018
Let's ****ing do this.

Last year was a one-of-a-kind, so let's hope the luck carries over to this year, with Brett Veach at the helm for the first time.

Rules:
1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's McCaffrey to Tampa) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").

Don't be a dick.

Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny.

I'll also be starting threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.

*Note: For 2017 hilariousness, view that thread here.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:59 AM 04-26-2018
I don't know. The 3 day draft isn't so bad. 7 rounds takes a while. I like the idea of getting the first round in the books a day ahead of the rest of the draft too. That leaves an extra day for teams and draft guru's to reshuffle their boards after first round players fell into the 2nd round. If we don't trade into the first. There will be a big discussion on here about who we would like to trade up for and how far up we should go, or who might fall to 54. That discussion can go on all day Friday, instead of just the short time available if the rounds were all back to back. If I could change anything, maybe I would make it run Friday through Sunday instead of Thursday through Saturday.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:01 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I miss the days of a 1st round Friday night with the 2nd/3rd round on Saturday and the rest on Sunday.
I forgot that they ever did it like that. It must have been just a year or too wasn't it? Seems like it used to be all day Saturday for years. Then they changed it up a couple of times until they came up with the current format.
[Reply]
Frosty 09:01 AM 04-26-2018
Man, I haven't been less excited about a draft ever. I don't know if it's the lack of a 1st round pick or that I haven't followed college FB as much lately or because the coverage, especially on day 3, has gotten shittier than ever but - meh. I'll probably watch tomorrow unless Veach trades away a bunch of those picks but I have zero interest in day 3 this year and not that much tonight.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 04-26-2018
Plus money line on QB's going 1,2,3 on Bovada if anyone is interested in making money.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:03 AM 04-26-2018
Taking Baker means Dorsey has screwed the Browns up. A midget at number one is not the right pick.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:06 AM 04-26-2018
The Josh Allen tweets:-):-). He is gonna fall like a rock.
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 04-26-2018
NFL teams have had those tweets for a while id imagine.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:09 AM 04-26-2018
He should fall like a rock because he fucking sucks
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:15 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Man, I haven't been less excited about a draft ever. I don't know if it's the lack of a 1st round pick or that I haven't followed college FB as much lately or because the coverage, especially on day 3, has gotten shittier than ever but - meh. I'll probably watch tomorrow unless Veach trades away a bunch of those picks but I have zero interest in day 3 this year and not that much tonight.
I've never really followed day 3 on TV myself. By that point, I know very little about the guys that are being drafted. I will pop in here when it's close to our pick and read who the draft guys want, then I will read the thread about the guy after the pick. I mean, I want to know who we pick and what the consensus is. We've done well in later rounds. But I just don't want to sit through hours of guys that I know nothing about to find that out when I can come to CP for that information. Day 1&2 is a different story. Those are mostly familiar names. Easier to follow
[Reply]
Frosty 09:23 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I've never really followed day 3 on TV myself. By that point, I know very little about the guys that are being drafted. I will pop in here when it's close to our pick and read who the draft guys want, then I will read the thread about the guy after the pick. I mean, I want to know who we pick and what the consensus is. We've done well in later rounds. But I just don't want to sit through hours of guys that I know nothing about to find that out when I can come to CP for that information. Day 1&2 is a different story. Those are mostly familiar names. Easier to follow
Coverage has gotten horrendous. They very rarely talk about the picks and will wank on forever over bullshit like the monkey last year or talk over and over and over about something that happened in the first round. Also, with all of the compensatory picks, it has gotten too long.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:06 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by :
Speaking of the Eagles, their pick at No. 32 is their only pick in the first three rounds. So, don’t be surprised if they trade out of that pick if some team looks to get back in the first round — and specifically in front of the Browns, who hold pick Nos. 33 and 35 to start Friday.
Someone mentioned us trading with the Eagles earlier, I get why that makes sense now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:54 AM 04-26-2018
ESPN's Dan Graziano reports trade talks between the Cowboys and Seahawks for Earl Thomas "centered around" the No. 50 overall pick.

Graziano's reporting suggests the Seahawks are happy with the compensation, but Dallas will not pull the trigger unless they know they can sign Thomas to an extension. Considering Thomas told Jason Garrett to "come get me" after a game in December, it seems like he is amenable to a long-term deal with Dallas. It would not be surprising to see the All-Pro safety moved during the draft.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:28 AM 04-26-2018
They were just talking about the AFC West on NFLN and Daniel Jeremiah said he’s heard that pass rush is something the Chiefs really want to improve.

Made it seem like they might trade up for a pass rusher if the board falls a certain way.
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:39 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Final 7 rd Mock from Matt Miller

2. Frank Ragnow OL Arkansas
I'd be very happy with Ragnow. We could call him Ragnar Lofbrok.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:42 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They were just talking about the AFC West on NFLN and Daniel Jeremiah said he’s heard that pass rush is something the Chiefs really want to improve.

Made it seem like they might trade up for a pass rusher if the board falls a certain way.
Harold Landry?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 181
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Up