ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 181
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The 2018 NFL Draft Thread**** (No Spoilers)
Dante84 04:15 PM 04-25-2018
Let's ****ing do this.

Last year was a one-of-a-kind, so let's hope the luck carries over to this year, with Brett Veach at the helm for the first time.

Rules:
1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's McCaffrey to Tampa) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").

Don't be a dick.

Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny.

I'll also be starting threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.

*Note: For 2017 hilariousness, view that thread here.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:27 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
His projection goes against every analytic piece of data. I first watched him vs Iowa and was like this is the guy people are saying is a top QB? Yah, I’m a homer and love Mahomes so I’m good with our decision. Who’d you rather have MHM Mahomes or Allen?
Mahomes... I don't dislike him at all. I think it remains to be seen if he can be the 15 year stud that everyone expects. I believe the guy has huge upside, so don't read that prior comment as a knock. The guy still has to play a few games to see what he can do, but the future looks very bright for KC with him.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:28 AM 04-26-2018
I’m all for drafting a guard on day 2 but if we trade up tonight for one... eh. Just seems unnecessary to give up a bunch of resources for that position.
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 AM 04-26-2018
Mayfield is a better prospect than Mariota was IMO. His apparent off field issues make him worse in that manner though.
[Reply]
O.city 08:29 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’m all for drafting a guard on day 2 but if we trade up tonight for one... eh. Just seems unnecessary to give up a bunch of resources for that position.
If they trade up, I'd imagine itll be for a corner.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:30 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mayfield is a better prospect than Mariota was IMO. His apparent off field issues make him worse in that manner though.
That's what makes it so hard to judge these guys on the NFL level... too many factors at play for how they succeed and can they bring that success from college to the big stage.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:30 AM 04-26-2018
Absolutely. I’ve always viewed Mariota as a more athletic Alex Smith but he’s not even quite at that level as a passer yet.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:32 AM 04-26-2018
I'll be at work trying make extra money but I'll get see some of it.

I'm wanting bulk up OLine but I hope it's BPA and steals in the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 08:37 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
That's what makes it so hard to judge these guys on the NFL level... too many factors at play for how they succeed and can they bring that success from college to the big stage.
We really have no idea about all the off field stuff as a fan so it's hard.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:42 AM 04-26-2018
Eh I really miss draft days starting early Saturday morning or even Friday night. I hate this Thursday night bullshit ruined my draft weekend.
[Reply]
O.city 08:43 AM 04-26-2018
Yeah, they wanna make more money and spreading it out does that.

Just have the first round Friday night, then go for the rest on Saturday and be done with it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:52 AM 04-26-2018
Yeah, they wanna make more money and spreading it out does that.

Just have the first round Friday night, then go for the rest on Saturday and be done with it.
I miss the days of a 1st round Friday night with the 2nd/3rd round on Saturday and the rest on Sunday.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:53 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Yeah, and I agree somewhat on the potential upside... it's the attitude that gets me and I don't know that CLE can follow up Johnny Football's monumental busting with this guy.
Yep.
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 AM 04-26-2018
Browns rumored to take Mayfield at 1 now.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:55 AM 04-26-2018
yeah, the weekend draft was awesome.

This prime time, Thursday stuff is garbage. I used to fire up the grill, have beer and tunes on all day. was a GREAT weekend each year.

IF they're dead set on ramming the NFL down the collective throats of everyone in primtetime, just doe the 1st on Friday night then. Thursday night is horrible....just like Thursday Night Football.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 04-26-2018
Plus they take way way to long with this shit.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 181
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up