ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Pacific Rim sequel scheduled for 2017
tk13 06:05 PM 06-26-2014
They are also planning a Pacific Rim animated series. IT'S TIME TO RE-CANCEL THE APOCALYPSE.

[Reply]
unlurking 05:29 PM 07-01-2014
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
blah blah blah blah (no example of a better film in the genre) blah blah blah blah
:-)
[Reply]
-King- 06:22 PM 07-01-2014
What genre are you talking about? Monster movies? If so Cloverfield is easily better. The new Godzilla is miles better.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
-King- 06:30 PM 07-01-2014
Pacific rim is basically a toned down Michael Bay movie...except with shittier action scenes.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
tk13 06:38 PM 07-01-2014
It wasn't just a monster movie... it was influenced by old Japanese anime cartoons too, among other things.

But I really enjoyed the first movie. It's probably one of my favorite movie theater experiences ever. I loved Godzilla too... I don't think you can evenly compare the two, they were aiming for two completely different things. In fact I'm pretty sure Del Toro said at one point they did not want it to be an ode to Godzilla, or at least those old monster movies. It was obviously far more influenced by the old Japanese anime mecha cartoons.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:30 PM 07-01-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
Pacific rim is basically a toned down Michael Bay movie...except with shittier action scenes.
Posted via Mobile Device
In Michael Bay action scenes you can't even tell wtf is going on. Just quick cuts and action so fast with so much $3it going on it's a blur.

Not to mention annoying actors and a storyline so terrible and full of holes it's made for MST3000...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:42 PM 08-07-2018
This movie sucked but the MegaZord Kaiju was fucking awesome. Best design yet.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:16 AM 08-13-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This movie sucked but the MegaZord Kaiju was ****ing awesome. Best design yet.
I finally payed for this turd and turned it off at around the 30 minute mark.

I knew to turn my brain off and enjoy Voltron vs. Godzilla but it wasn't working. Not any Godzilla and too much building up bullshit on how Voltron works and why we can't use it and bla bla.

I'm out.

My mind is already on the Monster-verse Legendary is setting up now. Hopefully they don't shit the bed like DC/WB did (but they are rushing in exactly like Justice League.)

:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up