ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 171
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:01 PM 08-12-2018
Anyone else catch the first episode of "The disappearance of Crystal Rogers ".

Crazy shit.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:57 PM 08-12-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:

Crazy shit.
Was reading up on that today. Crazy is right. Way to many people getting murdered in that town. Recorded the 1st ep. Gonna try and get to it this week.
[Reply]
rocknrolla 07:18 AM 08-14-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:

Crazy shit.
Watched it last night, that is some crazy shit. Seeing the preview of the rest of the season, seems to go much deeper than Crystal Rogers.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:13 PM 08-14-2018
This is 20 years too late for 'must see' but Lord, I think I found a whole new quotient for talent on screen subverted by bad writing.

Almost everyone on this thing has been involved in one or another of the biggest pieces of entertainment going at some point.

And the only one without a 'blockbuster' starring role to his name is probably the biggest talent of the bunch, YMMV.

[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:09 PM 08-15-2018
The Man in the High Castle finally returns for season 3 on October 5th. The have a thirty minute recap of the first two seasons. It is coming back way later than what was initially expected given that season 2 was released in December 2016. I have really been looking forward to this for quite a while.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:40 AM 08-16-2018
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The Man in the High Castle finally returns for season 3 on October 5th. The have a thirty minute recap of the first two seasons. It is coming back way later than what was initially expected given that season 2 was released in December 2016. I have really been looking forward to this for quite a while.
i was one of ten people when this show came out that was interested in it. i will admit i will need to rewatch season two, before i watch the newest sodes. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:48 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I've tried, and I can't put my finger on a specific complaint, but after each episode I've realized that I had no idea what had happened.

Not because it was confusing or tricky, but because my mind wandered to other things.

Some shows are just plain missing some ineffable thing that draws your attention. I want to like it, and I've semi-stuck with it thus far [partially because it's summer Sunday night], but it needs a hook soon.

Sharp Objects, OTOH, had my full attention.

Hope nobody told momma!!!
[Reply]
underEJ 10:29 PM 08-26-2018
Hope nobody told momma!!!
Good glory! I have refrained from any talk until this wrapped because I read the book and didn’t want to spoil anything, but there is a reason this is my favorite Gillian Flynn book. I liked gone girl, but sharp objects was a revelation. Such great characters and every actor in this totally nailed it across the board. I have a nitpick or two, but overall a very rich adaptation. I’ll watch the whole thing again soon to catch more book details that are all blended into the production design. That dollhouse is a gold mine.

Watch it if you haven’t!
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:00 PM 09-03-2018
Binge watching Ozark. Season 2 is just as good as the first.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:35 AM 09-04-2018
Castlevania

is can awesome anime on Netflix
[Reply]
SAGA45 02:50 AM 09-04-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Castlevania

is can awesome anime on Netflix
is season2 out?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:01 AM 09-04-2018
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
is season2 out?
Not yet but Voltron has new episodes
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:13 AM 09-07-2018
gonna just post drop real fast.

we all have seen shameless, the usa version.

but in it's own right, the uk version is really fucking good.

if you have netflix or any other site that carries it, just simply watch:

season 7 episode 2

it's in the middle of the series' entirety, and the show really can't be 'spoiled' in any single episode, but that said, give it a try. and put subtitles on :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:18 AM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
it's a netflix mockumentary, not sure if it's must watch, but it appears the show american vandal is an attempt at the worlds longest dick joke. :-)
Who is the turdburglar?

[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:35 AM 09-15-2018
Who is the turdburglar?

Warning language
Spoiler!

I have to admit I watched it and some tiny piece of my brain wants to see just where this may be going in future episodes.

Chit Stain McClain or is it???

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 47 of 171
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Up