ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 660
« First < 23456 789101656106506 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:24 AM 08-09-2010
Vitor better be in the gym wrestling his ass off right now.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:48 AM 08-09-2010
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Vitor better be in the gym wrestling his ass off right now.
I think Vitor is more of a Rich Franklin type of fighter with a much better BJJ game. I'm afraid Silva's reign as champion will continue after this fight. It's going to be a Shields, Sonnen, GSP type guy that beats him. Hughes might even make an interesting fight.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 10:34 AM 08-09-2010
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I think Vitor is more of a Rich Franklin type of fighter with a much better BJJ game. I'm afraid Silva's reign as champion will continue after this fight. It's going to be a Shields, Sonnen, GSP type guy that beats him. Hughes might even make an interesting fight.
Yup. Vitor is going to stand and that's Silva's bread and butter. It will be another great wrestler that puts an end to Silva.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:24 AM 08-09-2010
I love Matt and I thought he'd lost a step until Saturday, man he looked lean. Maybe he's getting his second wind.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:38 AM 08-09-2010
I love Matt and I thought he'd lost a step until Saturday, man he looked lean. Maybe he's getting his second wind.
As long as he stay away from GSP he will be okay for a bit longer. I would like to see him and Fitch go at it, but Fitch is going to face GSP next.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:43 AM 08-09-2010
As long as he stay away from GSP he will be okay for a bit longer. I would like to see him and Fitch go at it, but Fitch is going to face GSP next.
Any thoughts on Penn Edgar 2?
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 11:50 AM 08-09-2010
He said himself he was going to take some time off so it will be at least 8-10 months before Hughes fights again.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 11:51 AM 08-09-2010
Penn will be motivated to regain his title. I predict Penn by knockout.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:53 AM 08-09-2010
I really like Penn, but I think Edgar is just too damn fast and has an amazing Clay Guida type pace that will wear BJ down. Penn might be better off moving up to 170 or even 185 at this point in his career.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:55 AM 08-09-2010
Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk:
He said himself he was going to take some time off so it will be at least 8-10 months before Hughes fights again.
He said he would take the fall off and do some hunting, but his return would probably be about the same time as Fitch/GSP. Maybe Hughes/Koschek?
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:27 PM 08-09-2010
I really like Penn, but I think Edgar is just too damn fast and has an amazing Clay Guida type pace that will wear BJ down. Penn might be better off moving up to 170 or even 185 at this point in his career.
I don't think Edgar saw the best BJ Penn the first time around. I guess we'll find out.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:28 PM 08-09-2010
He said he would take the fall off and do some hunting, but his return would probably be about the same time as Fitch/GSP. Maybe Hughes/Koschek?
That would be interesting, I would hope for Matt to smash Kos but I wouldn't bank on it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:32 PM 08-09-2010
I don't think Edgar saw the best BJ Penn the first time around. I guess we'll find out.
Maybe not, but I don't know if BJ ever say a guy with that type of movement and speed in the octagon before. I'm not sure who I will root for, but I know who I would bet on.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:34 PM 08-09-2010
vitors hands are quicker and he hits MUCH harder than rich.

i wouldnt put money on it but i'm thinking(hoping) that vitor KOs him BADLY
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:34 PM 08-09-2010
JDS to me didn't look impressive at all against Nelson. He won the fight, but it wasn't pretty by all means. Nelson's just a tough sum bitch.

Should Lesnar defeat Velasquez in Oct, he's going to destroy JDS. As CV would also as well. Then should set up a re-match w/ Carwin sometime mid-late 2011. Or I guess it would also depend on what happens w/ the Mir/Nog fight, which I would love to see Nog pretty much end Mir's dream of a HW title shot. I doubt that happens though.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 660
« First < 23456 789101656106506 > Last »
Up