ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 207
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
Miles 01:09 PM 08-15-2018
Happened to try a nice chain liquor store that’s not exactly located in a good area of town and scored some Col. Taylor small batch along with finding a good source of Weller Special Reserve and Buff Trace. Haven’t had the Weller SR in a really long time and couldn’t recall if it’s actually good or just hard to find now from the reputation of the better variants.
[Reply]
Miles 07:16 PM 08-17-2018
Had them both during this preseason game. The Col. Taylor is a bit different flavor profile than some of the other Buff Trace brands I've tried. Really enjoyed it.

The Weller SA is a bit rough around the edges for my tastes but has some stuff going for it. Would love to try the more aged versions. Figure I'll enjoy this one more with ice which is not bad for something this cheap.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:39 PM 08-18-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
Had them both during this preseason game. The Col. Taylor is a bit different flavor profile than some of the other Buff Trace brands I've tried. Really enjoyed it.

The Weller SA is a bit rough around the edges for my tastes but has some stuff going for it. Would love to try the more aged versions. Figure I'll enjoy this one more with ice which is not bad for something this cheap.
Weller SR I think you mean.

And if so, I can't believe that take. Or maybe I can, coming from a softy who likes the simple, yet boring complexity of Blanton's!

/Shots Fired!!!!
[Reply]
Miles 01:09 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Weller SR I think you mean.

And if so, I can't believe that take. Or maybe I can, coming from a softy who likes the simple, yet boring complexity of Blanton's!

/Shots Fired!!!!
Got into the Weller SR during the game some more and have a different take and still drinking it neat after threatening some ice. Think I made the mistake before of trying it after Col. Taylor which highlighted the rough edges of the Weller more.

Still say the same that it could use some more aging and would love to try the better ones. The SR is quite solid if not great when considering you can get a giant handle bottle for $32 if you can actually find it.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:36 PM 08-26-2018
Added two bottles to the bourbon stash this week.

Parent's gifted me the American Prairie Bourbon for my birthday.

Muled the Montana Whiskey back in my checked bag from vacation. It's a young whiskey but the peculiar taste of pecan wood and hints of chocolate were like nothing I've tasted in bourbon whiskey before. Not sure how's that's being done but it's fantastic drinking.

[Reply]
lewdog 08:39 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by Miles:
Got into the Weller SR during the game some more and have a different take and still drinking it neat after threatening some ice. Think I made the mistake before of trying it after Col. Taylor which highlighted the rough edges of the Weller more.

Still say the same that it could use some more aging and would love to try the better ones. The SR is quite solid if not great when considering you can get a giant handle bottle for $32 if you can actually find it.
Sometimes being open for weeks or months will improve the taste as you likely know.

I LOVE Old Weller Antique. Find some. You'll absolutely love it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:56 PM 08-26-2018
Stop it, people! Stop it! For your own good!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317012
[Reply]
lewdog 09:11 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Stop it, people! Stop it! For your own good!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317012
I don't see a study on the 8oz of high proof bourbon and 4 beers I had yesterday?

Until then, that study blows.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08-26-2018, 10:23 PM
This message has been deleted by Hog's Gone Fishin.
MotherfuckerJones 10:47 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Added two bottles to the bourbon stash this week.

Parent's gifted me the American Prairie Bourbon for my birthday.

Muled the Montana Whiskey back in my checked bag from vacation. It's a young whiskey but the peculiar taste of pecan wood and hints of chocolate were like nothing I've tasted in bourbon whiskey before. Not sure how's that's being done but it's fantastic drinking.

Nice! I got two bottles of High West Yippee Ki-Yay. Excellent
[Reply]
srvy 06:33 AM 08-27-2018
Costco has Smooth Ambler Old Scout for 30 bucks so picked up a bottle to try.
Haven't cracked it open yet.

[Reply]
lewdog 09:03 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
Nice! I got two bottles of High West Yippee Ki-Yay. Excellent
I have heard that's good but have never tried.

Enjoy man!

Originally Posted by srvy:
Costco has Smooth Ambler Old Scout for 30 bucks so picked up a bottle to try.
Haven't cracked it open yet.
Pretty nice price on that. That's even hard to find here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:23 PM 08-29-2018
Just picked up a 15 year old whistle pig and a 16 year old Hoshstadter's family reserve. Beautiful
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:24 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by A8bil:
Just ordered some from my local Bevmo. On sale for $37.
So how did you like it?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:46 PM 08-29-2018

[Reply]
bowener 08:02 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Just picked up a 15 year old whistle pig and a 16 year old Hoshstadter's family reserve. Beautiful
Holy fuck, man. Did you drop $400 on that? Also, can I come over and hang out?

I recently purchased Barrell Bourbon 15 Cask Strength. It is pretty damn good. I probably wouldn't have picked it up for retail at $100, but I've got a vendor buddy that hooks me up from time to time.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 207
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Up